The latest reports claim the supposed asking price of £12M is a stumbling block but that Everton are willing to offer the Italian international 20% more in wages than he currently earns with Juve.
Original Source: Clubcall
Note: the following content is not moderated or vetted by the site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the responsibility of the poster. Disclaimer
350 Posted 13/07/2013 at 16:37:48
352 Posted 13/07/2013 at 16:46:25
363 Posted 13/07/2013 at 17:20:32
370 Posted 13/07/2013 at 17:26:43
1) Juve wouldn't want £12million for him... that they just signed Tevez for less, and Llorrente on a free, which has pretty much ended his Juve career and gives quite a good indication re his valuation.
2) We don't have anywhere near £12million to spend.
3) If we approached, it would have been to loan, not buy.
4) We have Kone, Jelavic, Anichebe, not to mention Mirallas who can all play in probably one striking position (plus Vellios).
5) We need a central midfield/AMC much more.
I'd also suggest another wide player is more of a priority than a striker after spending £5mil-ish on Kone.
393 Posted 13/07/2013 at 18:56:36
397 Posted 13/07/2013 at 19:01:52
455 Posted 13/07/2013 at 23:53:48
494 Posted 14/07/2013 at 09:51:36
Add Your Comments
In order to post a comment, you need to be logged in as a registered user of the site.
Or Sign up as a ToffeeWeb Member — it's free, takes just a few minutes and will allow you to post your comments on articles and MailBag submissions across the site.