I am a Leicester City supporter and I recently came to watch the match (the Sunday before last) with my granddaughter who was quite nervous.

The stewards were so kind and really looked after her.

I cannot thank the Everton people enough for being such caring hosts and would like to congratulate everybody involved.

I would also like to wish Everton FC every good wish for the remainder of the season.

Reader Comments (12)

David Ellis
1 Posted 17/04/2017 at 10:13:03
Thank you for your gracious comments – all the best in the Champions League (although we don't want you to take our Europa League place).

What would be best is if we finish 6th and Liverpool finish 4th - Leicester win the Champions League and take Liverpool's Champions League place (and Arsenal miss out altogether).

Barb Ellis
2 Posted 17/04/2017 at 10:44:02
Thank you Ian for your kind comments.I'm glad your granddaughter was looked after so well by the stewards, they do a brilliant job on match days.
Jim Bennings
3 Posted 17/04/2017 at 11:18:28
Nice letter, makes a change to read something positive on the internet rather than dross and vitriol.

Have to say I always enjoy the games against Leicester, always produce goals and drama usually.

Best of luck, Ian, to you and your team the rest of the season and enjoy the games.

Kev Johnson
4 Posted 17/04/2017 at 13:12:19
Kind words, Ian; it's why were called the People's Club.

All the very best for the rest of the season and here's hoping you win the Champions League. Wouldn't bet against it!

Stan Schofield
5 Posted 17/04/2017 at 16:13:57
Ian, thanks for the kind words about our great club. I hope you win the Champions League. I think you could!
Paul Hewitt
6 Posted 17/04/2017 at 19:28:58
Hoping Leicester beat Madrid and get to the semi-finals. I have big cash on it.
Tony Abrahams
7 Posted 17/04/2017 at 21:02:19
Agree Kev, I also hope Leicester City, win the Champions League. They are a proper football club, with a lovely little remembrance garden, outside The Walkers Stadium, where one of our own fans, Bernard Murphy, will never be allowed to be forgotten.

It's a lovely touch, and shows they are a football club, that have retained "the common touch" and that's why I hope they can go and win the big one, against all odds again!

Rob Halligan
8 Posted 17/04/2017 at 21:17:54
Haha, Paul Hewitt. If real Madrid get through, then I've won the bet.😁😁
Keith Harrison
9 Posted 18/04/2017 at 14:11:18
With this, Bradley Lowery and Mike Gaynes, we really are The People's Club.

Thanks for your kind words, Ian, and good luck – I think you will really need it – in Europe.

That huge bet between messrs Hewitt and Halligan will result in a well earned 10p for somebody.

Trevor Lynes
10 Posted 19/04/2017 at 07:28:52
The people of Liverpool are very friendly and talkative by nature.This city is wonderful and has the best value for money entertainment in the country.I reckon the giants must be due to return soon and that is another great spectacle.There are so many things about Liverpool that make me proud :)
Dan Egerton
11 Posted 21/04/2017 at 17:29:50
Thanks Ian. I hope you and your family continue to enjoy this great sport in comfort and safety.
Jeff Armstrong
12 Posted 22/04/2017 at 07:58:57
Great effort on Tuesday, Leicester really took the game to Madrid second half, a bit more luck and you'd have been on another leg of your remarkable journey.

I'm glad your staying up too, relegation should be reserved for those boring, horrible clubs nobody but their own fans get excited about, Stoke, WBA, Middlesbrough, Sunderland etc,

ps: Can we have your goalie?