Reader Comments (9)

Michael Kenrick
1 Posted 10/11/2018 at 17:20:37
Ridiculous offside decision to disallow Southampton's winner. An attacker who never touches the ball is deemed to have somehow affected the keeper's ability to save the shot — but he would have never saved it anyway.

I thought the player actually had to receive the ball to be offside — isn't that the rationale behind this equally ridiculous delay in flagging by the linesman when a player is obviously offside but is yet to receive the ball.

Michael Kenrick
2 Posted 10/11/2018 at 17:29:33
Some good goals and headers, two from corners, would ya believe it! Another goalbound header from a corner cleared off the line by a man on the post!

The Good Old Days are here again!!!

Rob Halligan
3 Posted 10/11/2018 at 18:16:55
It's absolutely lashing down at Palace. Hope the rain eases off in London by tomorrow. There's nothing worse than sitting on a coach for four or five hours soaking wet.
Michael Kenrick
4 Posted 10/11/2018 at 18:42:58
Lot's more on that crazy goal decision. Charlie Austin absolutely fuming — listen to his interview on 5 Live — and Mark Hughes saying the officials admitted to him that they got it wrong.

VAR cannot come soon enough. Ridiculous decision by the Premier League not to implement it this season after its overall success (with one or two exceptions) at the World Cup in Russia.

Steve Ferns
5 Posted 11/11/2018 at 17:00:54
Why has John Stones got a tattoo of Richard Whiteley on his left thigh?
Jim Jennings
6 Posted 11/11/2018 at 17:09:20
Steve,

It’s an ex Barnsley coach who Stones knew from his days there.

Steve Ferns
7 Posted 11/11/2018 at 17:10:49
And I thought he was an avid countdown fan.
Gerry Quinn
8 Posted 12/11/2018 at 18:10:42
Redshite striker Daniel Sturridge has been charged by the Football Association with misconduct for alleged breaches of its betting rules.

The charge relates to the period of January 2018 and Sturridge has until 18:00 GMT on Tuesday, 20 November to respond.

Betting?

Tell you what – bet you he gets away with it!

Steve Ferns
9 Posted 16/11/2018 at 23:49:59
Rumours on twitter that Unsworth is off to Wigan. I hope he goes, and proves himself.

Klaassen has been talking about us, and Unsworth. He said a few interesting things:

1. "Unsworth is a fine guy, although he had different thoughts about football than I did. He did not find me physical enough to play his way of football. He had a theory that my technical abilities would be better if I were physically stronger. The logic of this escaped me a bit. But it was clear to me that I did not have to count on playing time".

2. "After a month, Sam Allardyce was appointed and, from that moment on, it was hopeless".

3. "On the last day of the transfer market, Napoli became very concrete, including an option to buy. At Everton, Allardyce said it was a great opportunity for me. All-in-all, I decided to go to Naples that morning. I was waiting at home for the signal that I could board the plane until Napoli called later that day and suddenly expressed doubts that I could not play in the Europa League for them. That did not suit me. It seemed better to blow everything off from both sides."

4. On Marco Silva: "After three training sessions, the coach (Silva) came to me and said that for my position he had confidence in others. It may sound crazy, but I was happy with the clarity of Everton. That is better than again entering into a hopeless battle."

Davy is doing very well in Bremen and looks a player once more. I wish him well, and think Silva was right. He wouldn't have suited our style and Gomes is a step up.