Reader Comments (24)

Michael Kenrick
1 Posted 25/01/2019 at 21:28:59
It's a pretty good game at the Emirates tonight. Ole is going for it with two strong subs (Rashford and Martial) on for the last 20 minutes.
Len Hawkins
2 Posted 25/01/2019 at 21:36:02
Arsenal speccies must be ripping their hair out the number of times they give the ball away tippy tapping on the edge of Uniteds area.
Brian Williams
3 Posted 25/01/2019 at 21:43:28
Did anyone notice Lingard totally blank Lukaku with his goal celebration?
Lukaku looked rather uncomfortable when Lingard ran right past him as he (Lukaku) tried to milk the applause for himself.
Brent Stephens
4 Posted 25/01/2019 at 21:46:52
Brian, I saw it. I read it differently. It was another good assist from Lukaku and Lingard blanked him. Why would Lingard not acknowledge a good assist?
Michael Kenrick
5 Posted 25/01/2019 at 21:49:18
Ole G seems to have read the Nordic Runes for this one, Martial getting a third, and Rashford so close to a fourth... but 10 mins of added time.

8 games
8 wins

It's a bastard, this managerial transition malarkey!

Colin Metcalfe
6 Posted 25/01/2019 at 21:53:14
Look at how many players Utd have in at the 18yrd line every time Arsenal come forward at least 7/8 days players and within seconds its 9/10 basically playing on the break.
Arsenal want to walk it in every time but with so many bodies in the way its so so difficult, when I was playing I had a saying that if you “can’t beat them fool them “ they need a maverick someone to do something different.
United are a poor side and are playing on a bounce of a new manager they are in the right position in the league the sixth best team .
This game is the same as the Spurs game, play this game 10 times and Arsenal would win 9 .
Sorry but I do not rate this Utd side and we should of at least got a draw at their place
Colin Metcalfe
7 Posted 25/01/2019 at 21:58:09
If we get through tomorrow, please let's get Man Utd in Round 5.

Take away the name and the bounce of a new manager, they are bang average and marginally better than us .

Brent Stephens
8 Posted 25/01/2019 at 22:00:40
Colin, take away our new manager and our dead cat bounce and...
Derek Thomas
9 Posted 25/01/2019 at 22:04:15
Colin, on the strength of those two statements, that's a typical cup team and Man Utd will get to Wembley... but we will win.
William Gall
10 Posted 25/01/2019 at 22:05:12
Did people notice that the Arsenal and Man Utd players only got a yellow card for the same offense that Richarlison got a red for against Bournemouth???
Phil Bellis
11 Posted 25/01/2019 at 22:07:42
Talk about one law for the media elite etc... 2 players head to head: yellow cards... Richarlison: straight red... Twats!
Michael Kenrick
12 Posted 25/01/2019 at 22:34:23
Exactly, William. My thoughts also — yet another inequity!
Tom Bowers
13 Posted 25/01/2019 at 22:36:28
Referees are gutless when it comes to getting tough. Atkinson yesterday and this guy Mawson today.

Why didn't Lingard not get admonished for incitement? Oh, I forgot – he plays for Man Utd.

Brian Williams
14 Posted 25/01/2019 at 23:08:34
Brent. That's what I said "Lingard blanked him."
Brent Stephens
15 Posted 26/01/2019 at 09:20:01
Brian my point was that I didn't see Lukaku trying to milk the applause. I wasn't arguing about the blanking.
Brian Harrison
16 Posted 26/01/2019 at 09:30:38
Brent

You didnt think Lukaku was trying to milk it, what both arms outstretched as if to say look at me arent I brilliant. Good move and a good pass, but with Lukaku its all about me,me,me, I thought it was brilliant that Lingard completely ignored him.

Ray Roche
17 Posted 26/01/2019 at 09:44:38
I know United ‘s second and third goals came directly after Lacazette(sp) lost possession. Talk about catching them on the break!
Brent Stephens
18 Posted 26/01/2019 at 10:22:07
Different interpretations, Brian.
Eddie Dunn
19 Posted 26/01/2019 at 10:25:46
Well Brian- I thought it was exactly as you described it. We have seen the great one doing this before, me, me, me, and Lingard was having none of it.
Denis Richardson
20 Posted 26/01/2019 at 16:31:00
If Shrewsbury can manage to hold on, a guaranteed 11 prem clubs will be out before we kick off at the Den. With Palace playing Spurs tomorrow, that’ll be at least 12.

IF we can get passed Millwall, they’ll only be 7 other prem teams left. As good a chance as any in recent years to make it to the final stages.

Here’s hoping.

Denis Richardson
21 Posted 26/01/2019 at 16:32:23
Make that just 6, forgot about Barcodes vs Watford.
Jim Bennings
22 Posted 26/01/2019 at 20:15:55
Who gives a flying fuck now we have just been embarrassing dumped out again?

Cup runs for us never leave the front garden.

Proud club, my arse... maybe until the days Big Joe was here in '95 but all that's followed is two decades of mundane shite.

Michael Kenrick
23 Posted 27/01/2019 at 18:25:10
VAR decision at Stamford Bridge, overules the Ref. I guess the Wednesday player kicked the Chelsea player?
James Marshall
24 Posted 28/01/2019 at 19:46:09
And with Chelsea vs Man Utd, a chance for a decent cup run heads over the horizon. Everton are THE team of missed opportunities.