Reader Comments (105)

Tony Hill
1 Posted 01/05/2019 at 16:29:12
I see the gobshites are distinguishing themselves in Barcelona.
Martin Nicholls
2 Posted 01/05/2019 at 16:58:51
Tony #94 - true. Amazing that their CEO comments that they should "act in a manner befitting of LFC"! With their track record, isn't that exactly what they're doing?
Paul Birmingham
4 Posted 01/05/2019 at 18:24:45
Let’s hope and pray that Barca, can do the business tonight.
Darren Hind
5 Posted 01/05/2019 at 18:28:23
Will Suarez play?

I'd be gutted if he went down a little easily in the box and it was enough to send the Shite crashing out... Honest!

6 Posted 01/05/2019 at 19:12:14
He'll rise up to bite 'em, Darren. Count on it.

This game is no longer the headliner in Spain, however. Marca is buried in coverage of St. Iker's heart attack. Along with all the messages from the RM players and his friends from the national team and world footy, Barcelona itself has posted a classy get-well message, as did Pique. And Spanish athletes from other sports all over the world.

Incredible that one of the fittest 37-year-olds on earth could have a coronary.

7 Posted 01/05/2019 at 19:37:42
Fun pregame on TNT in the US. Hilarious video of Salah trying to shoot baskets -- has evidently never held a basketball in his life. Looks about five years old when he shoots.
Jim Bennings
8 Posted 01/05/2019 at 20:14:29
Come on Barca you have got to beat the mutant gang!!
Jim Bennings
9 Posted 01/05/2019 at 20:16:10
Scroggy Robertson is vastly becoming a horrible rat of a Kopite, I can't stand the little puke.
10 Posted 01/05/2019 at 20:28:39
Did I tell ya, Darren??

The Rat Strikes!!!

11 Posted 01/05/2019 at 20:28:45
Yeeeeeeessssssss. Get in!
Brent Stephens
12 Posted 01/05/2019 at 20:41:18
Any good link?
13 Posted 01/05/2019 at 20:51:19
Barcelona need to start pushing on Robertson cos he looks like he might start losing his rag.
Tony Hill
14 Posted 01/05/2019 at 20:56:47
Van Dijk's immobility for the goal was the work of a master.
Brian Williams
15 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:01:03
Always liked that Suarez! πŸ˜†
16 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:01:32
That's the PFA Player of the Year you're talking about, Tony... 😁😁😁
Darren Hind
17 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:10:25
We'll try that one again, Mike.

Will Coutinho play?

I'd be gutted if he went down a little too easily in the box and it was enough to send the shite crashing out... honest!

Jim Bennings
18 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:31:00
No doubt these wall pushing rats will spawn a late lucky equaliser
19 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:37:12
Fucking Yeeeeeeessssssss.
20 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:39:37
Dang, Darren, it's working!!!

The Rat comes through!

Let's do it again for 3-0.

21 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:40:49
Yeah, Brian, that bucktoothed little fucker is a class act, in't he?
22 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:44:04
YESS!!!!!!!!! LEGEND!!!!!!!
Darren Hind
23 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:45:23
Did he mis-hit that ? LOL
24 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:47:14
Off the line, then Salah off the post. It's all the Barca boys night!
25 Posted 01/05/2019 at 21:47:47
Darren, re-post that please. There's time for one more goal.
Darren Hind
26 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:01:21
Pundits already bleating they were unlucky - Gobshites.

Shoulda been 5 or 6 with those breakaways in the last 10 minutes.

Brian Williams
27 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:01:50
Oh dear! Looks like the deal with Satan ran out this evening?
What a shame Barca spurned three great chances to make it four.
28 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:02:07
How on earth did Dembele miss that at some the end? 4-0 and Barca could have sent their kids over here.
Darren Hind
29 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:06:08
Doesnt matter guys. The Anthem singers will not knock Barca out of their stride.

They'll have to attack and they will be picked off by expert picker off-ers.

BTW Mike G.

Cancel any plans you may have had when the second leg is taking place. You`re already booked on here...

John Pierce
30 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:09:10
Big Red - a fountain to climb.
Christine Foster
32 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:11:56
Simply put, not good enough, showed why some of us, most of us actually, think they are overrated and nowhere near as good as they think they are! Took the wind out of the pundits didn't it? They can hardly say they were unlucky, poor finishing, poor defence and in the end class told. Enough said.
Peter Howard
33 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:14:36
There's going to be a lot of unhappy staff at the BBC.
34 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:15:12
RS fans on the radio this afternoon felt very confident of even winning tonight. According them Barcelona have only got Messi. Doesn't bold well for you if you get beat 3-0 by a one-man team. 😁😁
Jay Wood
[BRZ]

35 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:16:20
As I understand the rules of football, the game is played over 90 minutes, plus extras, not 74 minutes.

Was Liverpool in the ascendency after the break? Most definitely. Did they carve out any 'must score' chances before Barca's second? Most definitely not. Did Barca's defensive lines stay strong? Most definitely.

As for the 'bad luck' attributed to Messi's first goal and Barca's second, I hope they play it back from the halfway line and note Messi's starting position in the play - between the visitors' midfield and back line 30-odd yards out, central and totally unmarked.

That is not 'bad luck'. Messi does this game after game after game. Holding his position - and nerve - as players run around, hiding in plain sight. He had acres of room to play in Suarez who looks as if he must score. Has Messi stopped and admired his defence-splitting chipped pass? Has he buggery! He sprints past everybody, including the 'world's best defender, like - EVER!' - who is simply not as alert as Barca's #10, who nips ahead of the Dutchman to score.

The free kick was orgasmically good.

Liverpool unlucky? Barca had 3-4 three-on-one situations after 3-0 to have made it 4-5-6 on the night.

They were caned!

Paul Birmingham
36 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:16:47
Job, half done, and I hope Barca take their finest chefs, clergy, and wise guys, next week.

No doubt Old Nick and his hordes will be plotting by any way possible to stop the best team in Europe going through.

All in, it should have been 5-0 or 6-0, but hopefully fate and merit will see Barca into the final.

Now for Everton to take some inspiration into Friday and beat Burnley.

Tony Hill
37 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:18:10
Hilarious to hear them and their media fans moaning about luck, fucking hell the luckiest side in history. Classless, arrogant arseholes, as they showed when they strutted around Barcelona today.

Let our joy be unconfined.

Mike Galley
38 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:23:55
Is it just me, or does anyone else think their ungodly pact made with Old Nick all them years ago is finally coming to an end? I'm 49 and witnessed them enjoying strokes of luck other teams can only dream off.

Anyway, I think the last 10 minutes of the game is a snapshot of Barca's tactics at Anfield. I think the shite will win but I think Barca will score.

Paul McCoy
39 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:28:40
Absolutely fantastic to see their luck finally run out. Hopefully this takes the wind out of their sails and they drop points to the Barcodes.
Anthony Murphy
41 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:29:22
Big game for the shite on Saturday evening. It could be all over for them if they don't get their heads up after tonight.

Let's not celebrate their demise too early though eh. I'll wait until they completely fuck both up before cracking one off!

42 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:31:35
Darren #29, I'll be here with all my Barca gear on, as I was today. Paste that same post.

Is anybody else with me that Messi is the second greatest player of all time?

43 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:33:45
Klopp on the postgame saying he was "very pleased" with how his team played.

Expecting a similar performance on Tuesday for an 0-6 aggregate.

Jim Bennings
44 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:35:14
Freak show will think Barca will be scared of 10,000 Doctor Funs waving flags next week on the Kop.

Nahhh I don’t think think so somehow.

Darren Hind
45 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:35:18
Sorry Mike forgot to tell you.

You're booked for Saturday evening as well.

Wear something Black n white

Kieran Kinsella
46 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:35:49
I must be getting soft cause I am not bothered about the reds. Also I don’t even dislike Klopp all that much. Must be getting jaded.
Brian Hennessy
47 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:36:05
Ahh listening to Talksport at the minute and it's comedy gold - "Dan the Liverpool fan says Liverpool were the better team tonight" - priceless

48 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:39:45
Mike # 42. No doubt after Kevin Sheedy.
Tom Bowers
49 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:40:54
Okay RS may win the second leg but they need three to force a result and also keep Barca from snatching an away goal.

Don't you just wanna hug Messi. What a player!!!!

Tony Abrahams
50 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:41:14
Can't take nothing away from Liverpool, with regards the points they have tallied up so far in the league, but it shows me that the EPL s not as good as it's made out to be?

Pace and power is king in England and, although Liverpool looked physically stronger than Barcelona tonight, they were way behind in quality, and I think this told in the end.

All about opinions, but I personally think the two English clubs have gone with the wrong tactics in their respective games, although I'm still a little bit worried because of Dembele's sitter at the end.

Brian Williams
51 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:41:22
Mike #38.

If you care to take a look at post #27, I think your question will be answered. πŸ˜‰

Dave Abrahams
52 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:47:26
Anthony (41), I’m with you, he who laughs last, laughs longest. I’m not laughing yet. And you know these bastards.
53 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:49:47
Rob #42, of course.

Darren, funny you should say that. Around the time of that game I'll be singing in a choir concert -- dressed in black and white.

But personally I'm betting on Wolves to take a point off them after Barca finish the job next week.

54 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:50:53
I remember the RS fans saying after the Bayern Munich home leg, which finished 0-0, that for the second leg Bayern would have to come out and attack, and therefore leave spaces for the RS to exploit. Ok, they won 3-1 but I didn't watch that game so don't know how Bayern played.

The same will apply next week, and Barcelona will definitely score over here, and the longer the game goes and it's still 0-0, gaps will appear everywhere in the RS defence, and Barcelona are definitely the team to take advantage of that.

Mike Jones
55 Posted 01/05/2019 at 22:56:54
Red Shite fans on Talk Sport being called out. Red Shite fans are the gift that keeps on giving. I'm so glad the world is seeing them for what they are. This is fun!
56 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:00:44
Another RS Knobhead on Talksport. Saying Suarez was an utter disgrace due to his antics, the same antics he used when playing for the RS. Also it was disgraceful because he scored and celebrated.

You couldn't make this shit up!!

Mike Jones
57 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:06:08
I want the Shite to fail because of their fans, not their players.
58 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:11:35
Rob, he'll celebrate at Anfield too. Guaranteed.
Michael Lynch
59 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:21:49
That Messi free-kick was super-human. What a player.

Nice to hear that Suarez has wound up the RS too. Poetic justice.

Mike Galley
60 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:24:34
Mike 55 and Rob 56, I too have been listening to TalkSport. After tonight's result, I hoped and prayed they would come on with this sort of nonsense... they didn't let me down!!!
61 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:29:37
This is hilarious. Latest caller will never call Talksport again because the two presenters are really getting up his goat.

Callers name
Kloppy. Hahahahahahah.😁😁😁

Mike Galley
62 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:39:08
Rob # believe me, I hope so!
Mike Galley
63 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:42:37
Rob# 61. Me again. Sorry. Did I hear Kloppy right? Did he threaten them with physical violence?'

"If you where stood in front of me now, you'd get ?????"

Couldn't make out the end of it.

Jamie Crowley
64 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:45:53
Wait until the rs draw 0-0 against the FSW and Newcastle.

Suarez is such a classless shit.

Louie Suarez! Clap-clap, clapclapclap. Louie Suarez!

If only Milner finished. If only Salah didn't hit the bar with a wide open net, if only the wind blew in a different direction, if only Jesus Christ was playing!

Here come the bitter, delusional excuses. Thank you God!

65 Posted 01/05/2019 at 23:53:48
Mike, Kloppy said "If you were stood in front of me, you'd get my tongue".
Mike Galley
66 Posted 02/05/2019 at 00:16:42
Thanks, Rob. Fair enough. The calls have been quality though.
Tony Abrahams
68 Posted 02/05/2019 at 16:39:43
Linekar and Ferdinand getting loads for celebrating Messi's fantastic goal (why have a wall?) with many Liverpool fans saying the people on the panel should at least be impartial!
69 Posted 02/05/2019 at 16:56:47
Tony, I've seen that video of Lineker and Ferdinand. It's brilliant. Proof indeed that everyone hates the RS. 😁😁
Brent Stephens
70 Posted 02/05/2019 at 17:22:34
Keith Dempsey
72 Posted 02/05/2019 at 20:48:44
They really are priceless claiming that we should all follow English clubs, these are the same fans who openly applauded Collina when he robbed us.

Ray Houghton on TalkSport last night remarked that they will give Saurez a hard time at their place because of his behaviour last night without saying what he'd done. Can only think it must have been worse than racial abuse or biting because they fully condoned that.

Tony Abrahams
73 Posted 02/05/2019 at 21:48:50
Outraged at everything but ashamed of nothing! As there ever been a more apt saying, when it comes to Liverpool FC?

Suarez, was just being Suarez, Keith, only the colour of his shirt was different, or maybe they’ve just never knew what he’s always been about!

Duncan McDine
74 Posted 02/05/2019 at 21:56:52
Lineker played for Barca as well as us... why wouldn’t he want them to beat Liverpool? Also, any neutral fan of the game would be going crazy at that free kick. It was incredible.
Jamie Crowley
75 Posted 02/05/2019 at 21:57:06
All these people getting upset at Rio and Linekar celebrating the Messi goal?

Seriously? Any fan of the game who sees that will simply have a reaction.

It's a beautiful goal.

I saw it on a 5 minute highlight clip and yelled out FFS. It was ridiculous.

Celebrate the game. Celebrate the skill. It's a thing of beauty.

Or just try decaf if you take umbrage. I don't blame a soul who went a bit nutty watching that. One out of a million free kicks are that special.

Tony Abrahams
76 Posted 02/05/2019 at 22:04:51
I’m going to be boring and obtuse Jamie, and say that it was down to the keeper, giving Messi, that six inch option!

If a penalty is twelve yards out then you expect your keeper to stand in the middle of the goal, so why these keepers put up a wall, move to one side of the goal, and block their own view of the ball being struck, just doesn’t make any sense to me at all?

Brian Williams
77 Posted 02/05/2019 at 22:11:06
Well I'm absolutely shocked to the core at Lineker and Ferdinand's reaction to Messi's freekick.

I've already signed the petition to have them banned from TV punditry, and the petition to have Messi banned from playing football for having the audacity to score against the Shite, and the petition to have Suarez denied entry into the UK due to his disloyalty to the Shite, and denied access for scoring against the Shite (in case the first petition doesn't get enough signatures), and the petition to award the tie to the Shite because....... well just because!

Only another seven or eight petitions left to sign today before tomorrow brings another batch.

Dave Abrahams
78 Posted 02/05/2019 at 22:24:13
Jamie (75), exactly my response to a Liverpool supporter today who were raging about Lineker and Ferdinand reaction to Messi’s freekick, they were marvelling at such an outstanding goal and to be fair another match going Liverpudlian said the same thing, he said you just have to bite your tongue and admit it was a great piece of skill.
79 Posted 03/05/2019 at 11:37:00
Aren't they just so funny.

Liverpool fans have started an online petition to try to get Barcelona forward Lionel Messi banned for the second leg of their Champions League semi-final for allegedly punching Reds midfielder Fabinho. (Mirror)

Jay Wood
[BRZ]

80 Posted 03/05/2019 at 16:11:13
I must admit Rob when I first saw that story this morning, after laughing, I thought of you and your reaction.

Nearly 6000 have signed. Worth a scroll through some of the comments...the club and supporters that just can't stop giving...always a source of great amusement to others.

Link

81 Posted 03/05/2019 at 16:27:41
Jay, I've read a few of those comments. Not quite sure if they're referring to Messi or Salah, as the main theme seems to be that he's dived and / or cheated to gain an unfair advantage!!

To be honest I don't recall Messi giving Fabinho a little slap to the face, and none of the commentators or the likes of Lineker and Ferdinand mentioned it. Mind I was too busy dancing round the room when Messi scored the free kick to notice if anything was said!!

Dave Abrahams
82 Posted 03/05/2019 at 16:51:49
Jay (80), just saw your link, have you signed it, thinking about it myself, they got 500,000 signatures after the Real Madrid European final to Ramos banned, must have had one or two helping hands off us friendly Evertonians. You have got to be honest Jay, they do really brighten your day, our lovable cousins, with their antics now and again.
Jay Wood
[BRZ]

83 Posted 03/05/2019 at 17:07:42
Rob, like yourself I have no idea if the pundits made mention of the alleged incident after Messi's wonderful strike. I was too busy apologising and comforting me mutt, Toffee, who I accidentally stood on when I leapt up screaming "What a fecking goal! Stitch that!"

Dave, I was (still am!) sorely tempted to add my name to the petition under some appropriate nom de plume. And - yes! - they most certainly do give us the giggles now and again. They really are without equal.

Ray Roche
84 Posted 03/05/2019 at 17:19:31
I’d give anything to see the grid on Spoonface Phil Thompson when that went in😁
Jeff Spiers
85 Posted 03/05/2019 at 21:27:41
Peoples, the twats could still do the double.
Jeff Spiers
86 Posted 03/05/2019 at 21:52:24
Sorry for swearing, but I hate them with a passion.
87 Posted 07/05/2019 at 11:53:12
CL semi final second leg, and the horrible scum bag RS bastards are up to their dirty tricks. I've just been watching three videos of some shit houses setting off fireworks outside the Barcelona hotel during the night.

Jeff Spiers
88 Posted 07/05/2019 at 16:31:27
Rob, I hope they get hammered all over the place. Shit houses sums them up perfectly.
Dave Abrahams
89 Posted 07/05/2019 at 16:48:24
Jeff (85), even at this late stage they still can !!!! That word you used is too good for them@ 85
90 Posted 07/05/2019 at 16:52:18
Jeff I'm just waiting to see on SSN the Barcelona team bus being attacked with bottles, bricks and flares on its approach to Analfield.

Darren Hind
91 Posted 07/05/2019 at 18:27:03
Will Suarez play ?

I'd be gutted if he went down a little to easily in the box and sent the shite crashing out. . .Honest

92 Posted 07/05/2019 at 18:32:31
No you won't. 😁😁😁
Jeff Spiers
93 Posted 07/05/2019 at 18:52:23
Rob, a Red friend of mine reminded me of a time when we attacked ? Wimbledon bus, really

94 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:07:20
Jeff, if I remember rightly, it was the last game of the 93/94 season when we could have gone down. I think the Wimbledon bus was sabotaged the night before, might have been set alight sufficiently enough for them to use a replacement bus. Their bus however was certainly not attacked on its approach to Goodison on the day of the game.

I pretty sure that's what happened, unless someone knows differently?

Dave Abrahams
95 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:21:50
Rob (94), yes that’s the way I remember the event, think Wimbledon’s bus was parked outside Liverpool somewhere like Warrington. Sam Hamman the owner of Wimbledon said Everton supporters were the most parochial fans in the English league, I took that to mean we loved our club more than any other supporters loved their club.

On the day of the game the Wimbledon supporters were glad to get off the pitch such was the intensity of our support, no violence, just roaring them on to victory.

Jeff Spiers
96 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:23:42
Rob, quite correct. True WE don't attack team on route to Goodison. Oh to see them win fuck all. At my age [ 67 today] their bile gets worse every year. I should be mellow by now. Bitter? You betcha!
Brian Williams
97 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:28:16
The Wimbledon bus WAS indeed set fire to.
However, and this may strike a chord with some, it wasn't Evertonians it was supporters of another/other club/s dressed as Evertonians becuse supporters of this club would never do anything like that and even if they did it wouldn't be their fault because they're merely victims. πŸ˜‡
David Pearl
98 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:38:09
Darren, something happened last week that I didnt think would or could, ever. I actually jumped up and cheered a Luis Suarez goal. And to see him celebrate made it even better.
I wouldn't mind a liverpool win tonight 4-1 will do.
Dave Abrahams
99 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:38:58
At (95), that should have read Wimbledon players, NOT supporters.
Brian Williams
100 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:43:04
And that paragon of virtue Robbie Fowler has just, after slagging Suarez rotten for lack of respect and his antics in the first leg etc etc, said that Liverpool should do everything they can to get him sent off.
And if you tried to explain irony to him he wouldn't have a fucking clue! 🀣

Brent Stephens
101 Posted 07/05/2019 at 19:49:16
Brian, he knows it's what the Anfield gates are made of.
102 Posted 07/05/2019 at 20:00:41
Can anyone convince me I'm not going to have a coronary tonight? My nerves are still shredded from last night.
103 Posted 07/05/2019 at 20:00:53
It's only on here in Spanish.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLAAASSSO!

Brent Stephens
104 Posted 07/05/2019 at 20:07:55
Shit
105 Posted 07/05/2019 at 20:08:36
FFS. Shit defending by Barca. This is going to b
106 Posted 07/05/2019 at 20:08:50
FFS. Shit defending by Barca. This is going to be close.
107 Posted 07/05/2019 at 20:17:49
Should have been the away goal right there.
Anthony Murphy
108 Posted 07/05/2019 at 20:44:06
Barca need one soon. Ref will give them a hand at some point
Charles Barrow
109 Posted 07/05/2019 at 22:38:26
Just suffered an horrendous experience. I need counselling. After 5 a side went to the pub with the team. In Brighton so full of RS. Thought it would be a pleasant experience. Barcelona gave it to them. Ridiculous defending. Very depressed.
Jeff Spiers
110 Posted 08/05/2019 at 08:00:43
Charles, Barca want fuckin for that display. Credit to the shite, still hate them. I'll be in York this Sunday, family wedding. City had better win the title or you'll find me locked up in York. Can't go back to their smug faces