Reader Comments (7)

Karl Masters
1 Posted 25/05/2019 at 00:58:09
That is an amazing price!
Ron Marr
2 Posted 25/05/2019 at 01:12:10
Liverpool 78, is that the Andy King game?
Michael Kenrick
3 Posted 25/05/2019 at 17:30:08
That is a heck of a deal. Dr David France will be licking his lips... although he gave all these away (and more) to The Everton Collection!

An unrelated programme question for any collectors or keepers: Do the programmes from the 2013-14 season include lineups for the Under-18s games?

They used to back in the day when I was a more avid collector... I'm wondering because that season (the one Jonjoe Kenny first played in the academy) was very poorly documented online, and is a huge hole in my tracking of the youth players year on year.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to check for me.

John Raftery
4 Posted 29/05/2019 at 12:13:30
Michael, I have been through my shoe boxes. I have all the programmes for that season. I can find only one in which they included the line-up for the under 18s. That was in the programme for the Stevenage Capital One Cup game when they carried a report of the under 18s game away to Liverpool played on 24/08/13.

The line-up was Griffiths, Langton, Jones, Graham, Thorniley (Dowell 40) Williams (Brewster 70) Shannon (Donahue 65), Ledson, Charsley, Dyson, Robinson.

Substitute Kieran Dowell would have been 15 years old. He was one of three players under 16. Everton lost 1-0 with Callum Dyson missing a 92nd minute penalty.

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
5 Posted 29/05/2019 at 14:58:05
John, I really appreciate you looking. Thanks for that.

It was around about that time after Steve Milne had been studiously watching all the Academy games and reporting online, the club thought he was a spy and banned him, clamping down on any info about the Academy teams getting out.

We live now in more enlightened times, it seems.

Tony Abrahams
6 Posted 29/05/2019 at 15:23:50
The club banned a supporter for commenting on the academy games on-line, because they thought he was a spy?

That’s crazy that, but just shows the levels of paranoia some people create inside a football club, to try and make themselves seem more important to themselves!

James Hughes
7 Posted 29/05/2019 at 16:17:38
We banned a spy because he posted online, where everyone can see ?!
MI5 must be keeping a close eye on him