Reader Comments (6)

Darren Hind
1 Posted 16/06/2019 at 03:59:31
Good to know you are alive and kicking, Paul.

Heathrow? Moving back or just visiting?

A very good friend of mine was offered a job he couldn't refuse and came back recently – unfortunately darn sarf.

Anyway here's a quick update to tempt you. The Bramley-Moore Dock project is starting to feel like the finishing line in the Great North Run – the more desperate you become, the further away it seems to get...

Boris has been ordered by his advisers to "shut the fuck up" – it's working like a charm. He looks nailed on to become the next Prime Minsiter.

Its been raining for eight years.

All those brilliant TV programs we used to make have been ditched so we can talk relentlessly about Brexit.

Kopites are breeding and acting like Orks – you dare not open your fucking cupboard.

All good stuff but, as my old CG mate said on his return, "Fuck all that, I'll be back watching Everton play away next season..."

Don't be John Bailey's uncle Bill.

Paul Ferry
2 Posted 16/06/2019 at 05:37:47
Sadly just 6 days in Liverpool Darren mate. July 8/14 - would love to meet you - before that in that Lahndan working in archives and then Oxford till July 20. Been watching all the time mate and you are sadly becoming a sane elder statesman of TW.

Seriously, I always read what you write and back you from afar in 9/10 of your disagreements mainly with you know who.

A July bevvy anywhere from bank hall to central would be boss.

Never lose your fire, Darren.

Darren Hind
3 Posted 18/06/2019 at 06:56:17
Okay, Paul.

I think I'm done with those "disagreements" though.

I think I realised that when a poster ignored direct quotes from Royle and Unsworth telling us Royle had assisted Rhino in is caretaker role because he had read a piece penned by some ill-informed Journo.

That was confirmed when somebody then tried to dispute the fact that a player had not made a costly error for a year by putting up a compilation which was made... 18 months ago.

It's not about losing the fire, mate, it's about realising the futility of trying to reason with crackpottery.

Tony Abrahams
4 Posted 18/06/2019 at 07:27:05
Never smile at a croc.o.dile!
Duncan McDine
5 Posted 20/06/2019 at 07:36:26
Hey PF, how’s it going? How do I submit a team to this TW fantasy league?
Paul Ferry
6 Posted 21/06/2019 at 19:34:04
Hi Duncan, the eds will post on here in August giving us a code and link to join the ToffeeWeb FL. I'm hoping that they will have a non-red-shite option this season.

Darren, I do follow those tit-for-tats and I have to say that some of them reach disbelief. I think you're right. There's no point banging your head against a brick wall. You can be a bit of a tenacious blue bulldog mate!