Hi all,

After collecting Everton programmes since I was 11, back in 1959, I have decided to put my lifelong collection up for auction. It will be in Mullock's Football Auction in mid-September.

The collection comprises 99.5% of every Everton programme, home and away, from 1946 to 2007, including all league, Cup, League Cup and European games, plus many rare Liverpool Senior Cup and Lancashire Senior Cup ties and also many friendlies, including the tour of the USA in 1961 and Australia in 1964.

Also included are season ticket books from the 1950s & 1960s, plus many books and videos. A lot of the 90s games have the match report from the Daily Post, plus there are a few ticket stubs as well.

If you would like a copy of the lists of a particular season or seasons, please email me at

jim.gore@btinternet.com

Reader Comments (7)

Dave Abrahams
1 Posted 04/08/2020 at 19:20:01
Good luck at the auction, Jim, sounds like a fabulous collection. I knew a fella who put his vast set of programmes on eBay and sold them for over ٤,000, some of his programmes were of clubs who had once been in the Football League, like New Brighton, and they were the ones that had good value and increased the bidding.
Jim Gore
2 Posted 04/08/2020 at 20:14:25
Thanks Dave,

There's over 3,600 programmes in there, there's 8 missing (all aways); all the rest are there.

Plus many rare friendlies like vs Albion Rovers 46-47; Dublin Bohemians, Shamrock Rovers, The Army (away) 47-48; Chester (A) 48-49; Clyde (away in Belfast), Home Farm away 53-54; Shamrock Rovers & Glentoran (A) 56-57; plus lots more.

I've been collecting since 1959 when I started watching the Blues. I'm in my early 70s now and think it's time to move it on, especially as my son & daughter are both Reds (but have hardly ever been!).

If anyone wants lists, just email me — I've listed them all during lockdown.

Dave Abrahams
3 Posted 04/08/2020 at 20:49:41
Jim (2):

I imagine you've searched or advertised for the missing eight programmes, they could increase the value of your collection obviously. Possibly Everton fans on here might have some of them; list them just in case. I bet they are from the 1940s or 1950s.

Jim Gore
4 Posted 04/08/2020 at 21:20:29
Good idea, Dave, here they are (all aways):

46-47 Bolton, Middlesbrough
48-49 Stoke
49-50 Bolton
50-51 Middlesbrough
52-53 Lincoln, Rotherham
64-65 Valerengens

I've just had an email to say the auction is on 17 & 18 September at 10am

David France
5 Posted 05/08/2020 at 01:53:13
Good luck, Jim.

Congratulations on amassing such a fine collection – make that an exceptional one.

Besides feeling a sense of freedom, you be helping many a youngster with their collections.

Dave Abrahams
6 Posted 05/08/2020 at 18:08:15
By the way, if anyone wants literally hundreds of Everton programmes (free) and they can collect, you are very welcome to them. They are all in good condition but are mostly from the last 30 years.
Jim Gore
7 Posted 05/08/2020 at 19:55:03
Thanks, David (5), your book Toffee Pages proved to be invaluable, especially for the pre-season games.

I would recommend this to anyone looking to get the full list of Everton programmes post-1945.