Lukaku - Would you have him back?

by   |   29/07/2019  93 Comments  [Jump to last]

Interesting to read he appears to have fallen out of the reckoning with Man U, and is now looking for another club. Whilst I doubt he would ever consider returning to Everton, would you have him back? He is expected to go for less than we paid for him but thats not the point is it?

He generated much heated discussion when he was here, had a reputation as a "lazy" luxury but he does know where the net is. People have complained bitterly that he has not been replaced and currently going into a third years since he left, he still hasn't.

His ego is the size of a planet but his ration is up there with the best.

Personally for me the answer is no, but we are desperate for a 30 goal a season front man. I doubt he would come, but I doubt we would want him?

back Return to Talking Points index  :  Add your Comments »

Reader Comments (93)

andy walker
1 Posted 30/07/2019 at 13:31:36
Absolutely not. There are some players I would take back in a heartbeat, Gana for one and he hasn't even pulled a PSG shirt on yet, Lukaku is one of those that didn't really "Get us" and I think we can now do better. He had his chance then went on to pastures new. The Man U fans now now what we already knew. Thanks for the past Romelu but no thanks to a future with us.
Francis van Lierop
2 Posted 30/07/2019 at 14:38:02
No, definately not.
Would prefer a younger hungrier version, like say Moise Kean..
Dave Ganley
3 Posted 30/07/2019 at 15:13:01
No I wouldn't have him back, which is a shame really as when he can be bothered he is top quality. He has all the attributes to be as good as Drogba, who in my opinion was one of the best strikers in English football in modern times. Trouble with Lukaku is that for most part, he just can't be bothered to produce week after week especially against top level opposition. United fans have realised this and are quite happy to say goodbye to him. When I think of how good he was in the chelski game in the cup quarter final where he single handedly won us that game and compare that with the semi against United where he was pretty awful, missing good chances as well as a penalty, then that just typifies him. Completely unreliable and totally overestimates his worth to the team. That's why he will never be top drawer and not really wanted or loved by the fans
Jamie Crowley
4 Posted 30/07/2019 at 15:23:21
Never.

Lazy. Was gold for us until he thought he was too big for our Club. He then decided to start strolling and not running.

I think his attitude is poor. He's the rich version of Jose Altidore - thinks he's God's gift to footy, puts in 60% effort, wants the attention and spotlight.

Never. Loved him, love him, appreciate his time with Everton it was magic, but we need to move on.

Alan Bodell
5 Posted 30/07/2019 at 16:11:16
I think there will be quite a few TW's on here that adored the lump and gave loads to anyone that disagreed with their opinion but I think they will be missing on this one Christine.
Steve Ferns
6 Posted 30/07/2019 at 16:12:17
Haha, nicely done Francis!
Jay Harris
7 Posted 30/07/2019 at 16:23:25
Worst attitude ever from an Everton player who consistently thought he was too good for us and was not slow to let the media know.

Really bad influence in the dressing room too and now we have started to get the team spirit back in the dressing room I wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.

He will get a rude awakening in Italy with the politics and racism.

Brian Williams
8 Posted 30/07/2019 at 16:32:37
Nonononononononononononononononono!

And anyone with an ounce of self respect would feel the same I'd hope.

I know it's about goals first and foremost but you sometimes have to make a stand when dealing with somebody that is just about "them."

This is only my opinion of course and everyone has a right to voice their own but I'd not have him back no matter what!

The fucker even tried to steal young Tom Davies' breakthrough goal against Man City, a complete wretch in my book!

On a lighter note, Christine you typed "His ego is the size of a planet but his ration is up there with the best."

His ration of pies do you mean, coz it looked like that's what you meant when he gave the Gladwys street the "shush" signal when they all sang "fatty fatty what's the score?"

Eric Myles
9 Posted 30/07/2019 at 17:11:36
Andrew Laird
10 Posted 30/07/2019 at 17:18:18
No. He would put a ceiling on how good the team could be as he doesn’t possess the necessary ball control or movement we need to be better. Then we would be lumbered with him
Ajay Gopal
11 Posted 30/07/2019 at 17:22:08
Moot question really, because Mosh burnt his bridges with Lukaku with his ill advised comments about his mom practicing voodoo or some such nonsense. Lukaku was brilliant at West Brim and then his 1st year as a loanee with us. It is only when he signed on permanently, his attitude flagged. I wonder if it was anything to do with signing that other bellend - Eto’o? (Martinez’ biggest mistake, IMO)
Trevor Powell
12 Posted 30/07/2019 at 17:40:09
Definitely not, aplayer who would be a disruptive element especially if he has Muggins Mirallas and Schneidlin to join his fan club!
Nigel Gregson
13 Posted 30/07/2019 at 17:47:25
I would have him back in a heartbeat. He has now sniffed some reality poppers at Man U and should have a different attitude.

I always felt that he wanted Everton to be as ambitious as we are being now and that the fans respected him for that. He was a big part of Koeman's reasonable first season and proceeds from his sale were ridiculously squandered by Walsh and co., who were the real poison in the club (I'd wanna leave too with them in charge).

Tommy Surgenor
14 Posted 30/07/2019 at 17:47:32
Didn’t want him to leave. Still think he is a great finisher and would improve our team.

However, don’t want him back.

How refreshing is it to have someone like Richy now that uses the international break to promote Everton and not talk to everyone that will listen about wanting to move away.

James Flynn
15 Posted 30/07/2019 at 17:48:59
Well he aint coming. But if there was a cut-rate price, why not?
Colin Glassar
16 Posted 30/07/2019 at 18:03:23
No. He used us to get his dream/nightmare move.
Tony Everan
17 Posted 30/07/2019 at 18:33:44
Fully agree with Eric 9

Phil (Kelsall) Roberts
18 Posted 30/07/2019 at 18:51:58
When he left I posted the following stats.

For every 7 goals he scored

4 were against teams in the bottom 6 that year
2 were against teams in the middle 7 that year
1 was against a team in the top 6 that year.

Flat Track Bully is I believe the phrase.

Phil (Kelsall) Roberts
19 Posted 30/07/2019 at 18:51:58
When he left I posted the following stats.

For every 7 goals he scored

4 were against teams in the bottom 6 that year
2 were against teams in the middle 7 that year
1 was against a team in the top 6 that year.

Flat Track Bully is I believe the phrase.

Alan Bodell
20 Posted 30/07/2019 at 18:58:32
Nigel #13, nice try for a wind up mate, ha ha.
Dermot Byrne
21 Posted 30/07/2019 at 19:07:08
Nigel mate. The lack of close control, the 1 in 300 dribbles that worked and most importantly the blaming, on the pitch, his faults on any teammate he could wave his arm at.

Team spirit?.Ha

Tosser that guy. Never liked him

Nigel Gregson
22 Posted 30/07/2019 at 19:08:15
Phil #19 - we struggled to break down the bottom teams last season mate. Imagine Lukaku with the added guile and industry of Bernard and Richarlison around him and Siggy behind him and Gomes creating from the deep.

Alan #20 - 'twas a genuine opinion, not a wind up, I promise :)

Dermot #21 - You are well within your rights to hate him but he was the best goalscorer I've ever seen in blue shirt. Something to jog our memories here :

Mike Allison
23 Posted 30/07/2019 at 19:09:57
I’d love a flat track bully right now. Of course you score more goals against weaker teams, what does that prove?

The reason I wouldn’t take Lukaku back isn’t his physical or technical attributes, and it certainly isn’t his ‘lack of goals’, it’s that he’s a dick.

Brian Hennessy
24 Posted 30/07/2019 at 19:20:15
When I saw that video last week of our new stadium, the one with Tom Davies kicking the ball around with a kid, my first thought was i'm glad Lukaku wasn't around for the video - with his touch, we would have lost a dozen balls into the Mersey
Jay Harris
25 Posted 30/07/2019 at 19:31:51
Nigel,
I am guessing you never saw Gray, Lineker, Sharp, Latchford, Royle play then.
Nigel Gregson
26 Posted 30/07/2019 at 21:14:01
#25 - Jay : Nope and the videos available are not of sufficient quality to put their talents in perspective.

Quite frankly most folks supporting the club for the last twenty five years (not an insignificant time), just don't 'get' the golden glory day rants. To me Romelu was head and shoulders above the likes of Vlasic, Bent, Johnson, Beattie, Naismith etc. He's still only 26 and is a world-class finisher. I just don't get the hate.

He used us as a stepping stone but gave us lot of goals, great memories, and 80 mill along the way True blues Rooney and Barkley did the same and screwed us over in the transfer fees. And we still welcomed Rooney back.

Dave Abrahams
27 Posted 30/07/2019 at 21:23:42
You’ve answered your own question Christine and I agree with you.
Brian Williams
28 Posted 30/07/2019 at 21:27:30
Rooney didn't screw us over in the transfer fee. He didn't set the fee or accept the offer made by Man Utd.
Dave Abrahams
29 Posted 30/07/2019 at 21:35:32
Brian but we know who did, and my silence is guaranteed.
Brian Williams
30 Posted 30/07/2019 at 21:36:44
Dave you just won me a bet with myself mate lol!

Btw did you see we've allegedly agreed a deal for Reinier Jesus for €40m????

Dave Abrahams
31 Posted 30/07/2019 at 21:40:19
I hope it was a large one, lol, because I knew you were angling for that reply and won one myself, see you soon!!
Eric Paul
32 Posted 30/07/2019 at 21:40:37
Nigel@ 26
Give me Naismith all day long a grafter and a top human being, Lukaku’s only concern is Lukaku if I believed in any divine being( which I don’t) I would question why he would bestow any talents at all on a self serving arse like Lukaku
Jerome Shields
33 Posted 30/07/2019 at 22:29:56
Laurie Hartley
34 Posted 30/07/2019 at 22:35:15
Tom Bowers
35 Posted 30/07/2019 at 22:37:02
He is still a good player but I wouldn't have him back.
He tends to be lazy at times and I think most knowledgeable defenders in the Prem. know what his main ploy is.
He is the old fashioned type of target man but his ball control let's him down too much.
Eddie Dunn
36 Posted 30/07/2019 at 22:37:15
David Pearl
37 Posted 30/07/2019 at 22:38:24
Reports from Italy saying a deal in principle for a swap to Juventus. Wonder what that does to any sell on fee we may or may not have.
Brian Williams
38 Posted 30/07/2019 at 22:42:51
David. If Lukaku moves in this window we get £5m.
Bobby Thomas
39 Posted 30/07/2019 at 22:49:02
Absolutely not.

Yakubu was a better finisher than him, as well.

Christine Foster
40 Posted 31/07/2019 at 00:11:05
Really goes to show that ego and attitude can ruin the best finishers. Yep, they have to be selfish, yes they need a touch of arrogance and yes need to know where the net is. Lukaku has all three, in spades but frankly the ego has no humility, the arrogance borders on self centered importance at the expense of team Shame really, when he was hungry he was top class, but he ate off the table of self importance and got fat..
Bill Watson
41 Posted 31/07/2019 at 00:11:50
Mike Gaynes
42 Posted 31/07/2019 at 00:27:07
Jamie Crowley
43 Posted 31/07/2019 at 00:51:04
Mike -

I know you'll defend yourself admirably, but you really need to expand on your "yes" answer.

I might suggest moving from a state that's legalized weed as well. ;0) It's clearly affecting your ability to reason.

Si Cooper
44 Posted 31/07/2019 at 01:10:57
If you could fully put emotion aside you could make a case that Romelu Lukaku would score a decent amount of goals for us and be worth bringing back, especially for around £20 million less than we sold him for.
I don’t think football clubs can really be quite that cold-blooded in ignoring their fans sentiments, which rules it out even as a practical scenario.
If we recruit Kean and Reiner Jesus then I think we can genuinely say we are moving beyond the point where Lukaku would be attractive even in a purely hypothetical sense.
Derek Thomas
45 Posted 31/07/2019 at 01:19:09
Don Alexander
46 Posted 31/07/2019 at 01:41:49
Whenever he was on loan Belgium's finest, in his opinion, (acknowledging that Belgium's other finest players publicly slagged his attitude off in the recent World Cup) pulled his finger out. Signed up on a permanent he's always revealed himself as an egotistical wanker in terms of collective harmony/enterprise. In my opinion M&M rightly see collective harmony/enterprise as essential to our progress. I'm sure Bobby Collins, Alan Ball, Peter Reid et al would agree.
Brian Wilkinson
47 Posted 31/07/2019 at 02:59:12
No from me, in regards to our best goal scorer, I would put a none striker before Lukaku for scoring goals against the big boys.

A lot of Lukakus goals came in games we were already costing in, no for me I will always remember the goals Tim Cahill banged in over Lukakus goals.

Too busy bigging himself up on international duty, never ever got the Everton way.

Did I mention I would say a big fat no.

Kieran Kinsella
48 Posted 31/07/2019 at 03:03:27
Lot of comments about his ego and tying it to dressing room discontent. Yes he frequently talked about himself as being better than he is or ever will be. But as I recall all his managers including Mourinho and Martinez only praised his work ethic. Moreover he never disrespected them in public and in fact publicly praised bot the aforementioned. So yes he has his faults we shouldn’t extrapolate and invent stuff.
Mike Gaynes
49 Posted 31/07/2019 at 03:35:28
Jamie...

Yes, I'd have him back in one little microsecond and celebrate all night, but there's not much point in expanding when everybody's made up their minds. Especially when I'm reading crapola about everything from his "attitude" to his religious beliefs to Yakubu being a better finisher and Nais a better human being.

It's a pointless argument, and living in a Trump neighborhood I'm familiar with the futility of that.

Kieran #48, spot on, sir.

Paul Birmingham
50 Posted 31/07/2019 at 06:17:58
No from me, as a club we have moved on.
David Ellis
51 Posted 31/07/2019 at 06:29:05
No. Not able to do the pressing from the front job our current system employs. Also he’s too selfish. I noted on Moise’s You Tube highlights lots of assists as he passes to better placed players in circumstances that Lukaku would have gone for it himself.
Lazy and disruptive player - you have to see him live to understand his lack of movement. These negatives outweigh the goals. More is required and I hope that young Moise provides it.
Mike Gaynes
52 Posted 31/07/2019 at 06:44:24
David, if you've noticed "lots of assists" from Moise Kean, I'd like a hit from whatever you're smoking.

He has exactly one assist in his Serie A career. One.

"Selfish" Rom had 29 assists in his four years with us.

Anthony A Hughes
53 Posted 31/07/2019 at 06:58:44
If he came back and rattled 25 goals in i'm sure most wouldn't mind. Or do you prefer a nice boy up front who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
Peter Warren
54 Posted 31/07/2019 at 07:03:42
In the big games never saw him and felt he went missing. Would have him back as part of a squad as he is great against 13 teams in the league.

However, we couldn’t afford to buy him just to be a squad player and neither would he be willing to be, something you have to admire as he wants to play week in, week out.

Mike Gaynes
55 Posted 31/07/2019 at 07:04:02
And David #51, I would add that Rom led the club in assists for that four-year period. Barkley was second with 26.
Dave Abrahams
56 Posted 31/07/2019 at 08:39:52
Brian (38), yes there is £5M price Everton get when Lukaku moves but does it depend on the price United get?
John Pickles
57 Posted 31/07/2019 at 10:24:36
We should never have got rid of Stuart Barlow!

Lovely lad, would always give his all. No ego, great attitude had 'Jigsaw'!

Sam Bull
58 Posted 31/07/2019 at 12:06:43
if I was the manager, id have him back, no more than 10mil, then id loan him out to inverness, fuck lukaku.
Darren Hind
59 Posted 31/07/2019 at 14:59:33
I don think everybody has made up their minds AGAINST him, Mike.

I dislike hearing people use the word 'unplayable' about any player, but there were times when Lukaku's speed coupled with his power would make it impossible for most defenders to live with him.

Unfortunately, Lukaku has his shortcomings too, even today he will give us examples of how he can control a ball further than most of us can kick it. If he's not in the mood, the whole stadium can see it and he all too often becomes a passenger.

I once rated him a 10/10 for a performance (I think it was against Bournemouth). I've never felt moved to give any player the perfect score before or since, but not only did he score great goals, I didn't see him put a foot wrong all game.

Like all fans, I like when Everton players give me the opportunity to say great things about them, but Lukaku would invite criticism on a regular basis. Too often he gave less than enough and it felt like we were playing with 10 men.

After averaging 14 Premier League goals a season, it looked as if he was moving to the next level by getting into the twenties... unfortunately, it didn't last and, despite getting a lot of opportunities for Man United, he has gone straight back to averaging 14.

We never did replace him, but we started to move on from the days when virtually every attack was launched with one player in mind. Our results in the second half of last season demonstrated we can mix with the big boys and we are no longer relying on one man getting out of the right side of the bed.

I'm with Christine. I don't want him back. I have never come across a Manc who didn't consider his purchase a big mistake. We got a good price; unfortunately, we allowed fools to squander it on players who simply were not good enough.

Brian Wilkinson
60 Posted 31/07/2019 at 15:04:24
Now that is sadistic Sam, but good.

Think I would have loaned him to Grimsby though, now there’s a place that rhymes with pit hole.

David Pearl
61 Posted 31/07/2019 at 18:23:15
Brian 38 Dave 56.
Wasnt sure what affect a swap deal would have on what we get. I don't know why I thought it was a percentage. These deals are complicated.
Raymond Fox
62 Posted 31/07/2019 at 18:27:57
Yes, but it wont happen so there's no point in talking about it.
Dave Abrahams
63 Posted 31/07/2019 at 18:44:32
David (61), yes not sure myself how it works out how much we get when Lukaku moves, £5M was definitely mentioned a few weeks ago when the move first looked likely, but the price has come down since then, that’s why I asked if the cost of the transfer fee affects how much we get.
Seamus McCrudden
64 Posted 31/07/2019 at 19:00:04
Lukaku's main problem is himself. He carries on like he's a bloody movie star. Fack aff.
Eugene Kearney
65 Posted 31/07/2019 at 19:22:52
Mike Gaynes
66 Posted 31/07/2019 at 20:26:49
Darren, no question we sold him at the exact right time after that 25-goal season, and I always thought we got a proper price for him... which, as you say, we pissed away.

The whole question is hypothetical -- obviously he'd never return and the club would never try to bring him back. And obviously we run a different system than we did before. But personally I'd love to have him running onto Gylfi's passes and knocking the ball off to Richarlison. And putting away 14 league goals would be fine with me. I honestly never cared about how his attitude was perceived -- to me those "unplayable" moments were more than worth the aggravation of the lazy ones. Nobody else I've ever seen in an Everton shirt could score the goals he scored. I watch the Chelsea goal on YouTube sometimes just to groove on it. And there were so many of those. I miss them.

Don Alexander
67 Posted 31/07/2019 at 20:43:56
Mike, Chelsea had downed tools weeks before that match, They'd mutinied against their manager and were unrecognisable as a top six side. I agree it was exciting to see him slalom his way past them but you have to take everything into account and, in all honesty, I don't remember "so many" of such goals as you do.

Flat-track bully par-excellence is our Rom, as Juve are likely to soon find out.

Peter Warren
68 Posted 31/07/2019 at 21:18:07
He did score some very good goals but to suggest there were many goals akin to the one he scored against Chelsea is stretching the truth. He was generally an excellent finisher / I actually liked his off field manner, never bothered me - he seemed very intelligent, articulate and pretty honest I thought.

It was the fact he never tried in some games, wouldn’t admit he could learn from people like Kane, his highly inflated opinion of his own skill set and above all, the fact in some games I felt he cowered and hid which made me happy for him to leave.

The Lukaku when he was on loan and played against West Ham, Newcastle etc I suspect almost every team in the league would desire but by the time he left, despite having his best season in goal scoring terms, I felt his passion at least for playing for us had long since gone.

That said, my middle son adored him and he always looks great when he plays with Belgium - perhaps Lukaku is right and he deserves to be playing with top top footballers in the league rather than average EFC and MUFC.

Sam Hoare
69 Posted 31/07/2019 at 21:31:01
Yes. He scores goals and he occupies defenders. I have serious doubts over how he’d fit into Silva’s system but he’s still a high class scorer of goals and we don’t have that many in our team.

I’m excited about Moise Kean but he’ll do well to be as effective as Lukaku was aged 22.

Jamie Crowley
70 Posted 31/07/2019 at 22:00:27
Mike Gaynes:

I live behind a red curtain (for the Europeans, that's a Republican curtain, not a red shite curtain). Northeast Florida is the Old South. I'm all too familiar with that futility.

Cheers.

Darryl Ritchie
71 Posted 01/08/2019 at 03:15:29
A lot of walking and a lot of pointing.

Charles Brewer
72 Posted 01/08/2019 at 08:17:25
After the Martinez meltdown and the Koeman catastrophe, it would appear that we may be seeing the re-creation of an Everton "team". Wolves, Spurs, even the RS all played well beyond the capabilities of their individual players to record successful seasons last year where Everton has played well below the sum of the parts for years.

This was exactly the opposite of the successful team of the 1980s - the only season we had a "world star" (Lineker) was the one we didn't win anything.

Lukaku and his attitude was one of the key problems in the development of the situation in the past couple of seasons. His attitude was shocking, (possibly even worse than his ability to control a received pass), and his regular tendency to cease bothering was replicated by Mirallas and Schneiderlin (who may have recovered) and unfortunately the contrary team-mindedness of the likes of Baines, Jagielka and Coleman was insufficient to counteract the malaise which spread through the team.

I was more sanguine than many about Allardyce, thinking he might have been able to terrorize those who thought they were too big / too good for the club, and perhaps - given the position a the end of the season - he did, although at a pretty terrible cost.

Lukaku went to just the right club, Manchester United, a club where his attitude fitted right in - mediocre players who think they are George Best or Christiano Ronaldo because the shirt is the same. Once he was in competition with a couple of dozen players with similarly bad attitudes and similar unfounded belief in their abilities and where the entire team structure didn't revolve around him, the game was up.

Lukaku has been exposed as a very ordinary footballer who can score goals when he is the focus of everything the team does (sadly, DC-L, a much better man doesn't seem to have this capacity), but who is rubbish when either the other team frustrate the delivery plan or when he decides not to bother. This explains why he did well against poor teams, but was worse than useless against better ones.

I would consider him for his pure goalscoring, especially with the likes of Sigurdsson in midfield, but the poisonous and infectious attitude he would bring with him would mean I would not even let him near the training ground.

Mike Gaynes
73 Posted 01/08/2019 at 08:26:05
Peter #68...

"...to suggest there were many goals akin to the one he scored against Chelsea is stretching the truth."

Ummm... no, it isn't.

Martin Nicholls
74 Posted 01/08/2019 at 08:46:05
Christine's question was a simple "would you have him back" rather than "would you have him or a.n.other". In other words, would he add to the present squad? I take it then that those who say "no" (the majority on here) prefer our striking options of DCL, Tosun and Niasse?
As for the claims that his attitude was/is poisonous, is there any concrete evidence of that? Not to my knowledge.
Jack Convery
76 Posted 01/08/2019 at 14:43:39
If only Brexit was so clear cut as this vote. It's No from me too.
Julian Exshaw
77 Posted 01/08/2019 at 16:02:28
He would have to eat a few humble pies first and even then I'd still say no. He had his dream move to Man Utd, appearing to look down his nose at us in the process. He did the business for us more often than not but no thanks.
Daniel A Johnson
78 Posted 01/08/2019 at 16:28:21
Whatever you thought of Lukaku whats more important is what he thought of Everton FC.

He only ever saw us a stepping stone, a bump in the road on his short trip to superstar status. He would NEVER come back here as in his eyes were beneath him. Its ironic that he actually found his ideal level with us, he never had enough in his locker to seriously make it in a champions league side as hes far too one dimensional with a limited skill set.

I personally got sick of his constant comments whenever he was on international duty about leaving for a bigger club. Or when he would score 4 against Bournemouth and claim himself to be the next best thing and then be 100% anonymous for any big match such as the merseyside derby, strolling around with his hands up in the hair shaking his head at his supposedly abject team mates.

Good luck Romelu but remember the grass isn't always greener Man Utd proved that.

James Hughes
79 Posted 01/08/2019 at 16:50:28
He's not as good as he thinks he is, or as agent tells him he is. The only reason he is sour record Premier League goalscorer is because dour Dave destroyed all our strikers.

The Yak had a great goal return until he joined us. He is not alone. A decade of playing 4-5-1 and with the 1 expected to run the channels. No other forward had the service he did.

Lukaku won't survive the Serie A, the game is for too technical for his abilities.

James Lauwervine
80 Posted 02/08/2019 at 09:14:43
Yes, at minimum wage as an assistant in the FF canteen.
Si Smith
81 Posted 02/08/2019 at 10:36:05
Never going to happen but YES I would, he is a nailed on 15 goal a season man, could easily get 20.
Dan Nulty
82 Posted 02/08/2019 at 10:45:47
Never works going back to former club but as it stands, yes, I would. I would rather have him up fron than anyone on our current roster.
Dave Abrahams
83 Posted 02/08/2019 at 11:51:11
Lukaku scored some great goals for Everton, no doubt about it but the one goal that stood out for me, was the one he scored at Crystal Palace near the end of the season, Aarron Lennon beat his man and pinpointed Lukaku with his centre two feet from the goal line, he tapped it in then ran away to the left of the goal urging his teammates to come and join him in his celebration, they all ran to the right of the goal celebrating with Lennon !!!.

Another celebration he did was when he missed a centre but the ball went in against Middlesborough at the Stanley Park End, he claimed the goal and to be honest it was credited to him. He never touched the ball but ran away claiming he did, a liar and a thief !!!

Dennis Stevens
84 Posted 02/08/2019 at 13:30:01
Narp!
Paul Hay
85 Posted 03/08/2019 at 15:27:04

Didn't respect the shirt enough-end of!

Stan Schofield
86 Posted 03/08/2019 at 20:20:26
Yes, of course, it would be ridiculous to refuse an habitual 20 goal-per-season striker.
Don Alexander
87 Posted 03/08/2019 at 23:26:57
To those who seemingly forgive the toxicity Lukaku engenders among his team-mates (see us, Man Utd and Belgium for evidence, being openly bollocked by them for his lack of effort in games) because he's a "20-a-year" scorer the fact is that he's reached that number just once, for us the season before he left to make his name in a "top club".

He's about as reliable, character-wise, as his odious agent, and Everton need "characters" to progress upwards. Lukaku is a self-absorbed loser.

Jim Bennings
88 Posted 05/08/2019 at 09:52:37
No, too much harping back to the past with Everton and it’s got us nowhere for decades.

Lukaku was our most prolific Premier League striker, WAS, being the key word.

It’s up to Kean now to be the next beast and score 15 goals a season for a good few seasons running.

Rob Halligan
90 Posted 05/08/2019 at 15:06:55
Apparently Lukaku is in Belgium training with Anderlecht until his future is sorted out. Clearly United don't want him anymore.

He could have come and trained with us!! Puts tin hat on!

Rob Marsh
91 Posted 05/08/2019 at 17:34:25
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's the world's greatest footballer in his own mind and no club his capable of playing him how he'd like to be played (we should all try to understand him).

He's arrogant and lazy with a very poor touch and no vision. He's been found out at his big dream club after leaving little Everton.

This Kean kid we've just signed (excuse the pun), betters Lukaku at age 20 by a long way.

NO THANKS!

Dan Parker
92 Posted 05/08/2019 at 17:36:14
He thought he was too big for us, now he literally is. No thanks.
Rob Marsh
93 Posted 05/08/2019 at 19:43:13
You're not wrong.

We'd fit 2 Moise Keans in his current shorts!

Anthony Hawkins
94 Posted 07/08/2019 at 12:51:23
Short concise answer:No!
Dan Parker
95 Posted 07/08/2019 at 12:56:43
The fact he’s skipped two days of training and sulking in Italy, it tells you where his heart is. Besides, he’s shite these days.