- Position: Central midfield
- Born: Bethnal Green, 27.10.68
- Height: 5'8" (173cm)
- Previous clubs: Tottenham
- Joined Everton: July '94 (2.200.000 pounds)
- Left Everton: Dec 96 (£700.000, Tenerife, Spain)
- Honours: England Youth, England U21
- Good technique
- Excellent playmaker
- Good cornerkicks
- Dirty, gets booked too often
- Bad tackler
- Needs someone who can win balls next to him
- Only plays well if the team does
- Bad attitude
July 2002: Seville signed Vinnie Samways from relegated Las Palmas. Samways, who agreed a two-year deal, had mixed feelings about quitting the club he signed for from Everton in 1996. "I've left a lot of good friends in the Canaries after spending so many years there. My reasons for leaving are purely professional." Mister Vin, as he is known in Spain, forfeited several months' wages from cash-strapped Las Palmas to facilitate the move. The deal was specifically requested by Seville coach Joaquin Caparros.
May 2002: Vinnie Samways is ready to leave cash-strapped Las Palmas if the relegated Canary Island club reduce his wages next season.
"I've asked that a decision be made as soon as possible in case other business has to be done," the midfielder told onefootball.com. "If they see that they cannot pay me what has been agreed we'll have to negotiate and see what happens." Samways joined the Spanish side from Everton in 1996 and has averaged 30 games a season over the past six campaigns.