FAN ARTICLES

Everton — The TRUE Merseyside Team

By Kevin  Chung :  12/01/2009 :  Comments (19) :
How can Liverpool supporters (or who claims to support Liverpool) be so naive and so stupid? Isn't it obvious that the only TRUE and GENUINE and HONOURABLE team from Merseyside is actually Everton?

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong. I live all the way in Malaysia, and I've been a life long Evertonian since I was born (not manufactured), and I can clearly see that the root and originality and beauty of being an Evertonian, even from where I am.

I have a gut feeling that even Steven Gerrard probably has one of those rare nights when he says to himself "Everton are the True Team in Liverpool".

Who else can be so blind?

I have been thinking about this topic for the last few weeks, and I thought to myself that I'd better submit this to ToffeeWeb, just for the sake of it.

When I look at the current Everton team (and recent years passed) I see nothing but pure class and genuine Evertonians playing for us - Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Neville, Osman, Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini, Pienaar, Yakubu, Vaughan, Anichebe, Gosling, Rodwell, Jutz, Castillo, Turner, Nash, Saha, Valente, Baxter, Wallace, Kissock, Agard, AVD.

And when you list down the names of the full Liverpool squad. This is what you get: Riena, Diego, Carrager, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Gerrard, Alonso, Keane, Riera, Macherano, Benayoun, Hyppia, Dossena, Agger, Aurelio, Torres, Skrtel, Lucas, Insua, Babel, Pennant, Plessis, Degen, El Zhar, Ngog, Darby.

WTF is that team? Liverpool should be called REST OF THE WORLD!

When you look at our beloved Everton, we are made up of good old British Players (even I am proud of that!). Turner, Nash, Jagielka, Lescott, Osman, Neville, Baines, Hibbert, Rodwell, Vaughan, Gosling, Baxter, Wallace, Jutkiewicz, Kissock and Agard.

What does Liverpool have? Gerrard (who actually is an Evertonian at heart), Carragher (who WAS an Evertonian and now just an Asshole), Keane... errrr... who else?

At least Everton has a nice balance to our team. We have good and pure British players in our team (some of which were childhood Evertonians playing for Everton!), and a mix of nice, humble and Everton-at-heart foreigners (Cahill, Fellaini, Arteta, Pienaar, Howard, Yobo, Yakubu, Saha, etc).

So, if you ask me ? Everton is Everton.

Liverpool on the other hand, would never have survived in this league if those rich American bastards didn't invest so heavily there. They probably will only have Gerrard and Carragher there, and the rest would be reserves.

In any case, we are better off than Liverpool in so many ways. Our players love Everton to the very core. Our supporters have supported Everton through the good times and bad times.

But most importantly, Everton are able to capture the imagination and love of many Malaysian Evertonians (like me), who will never abandon the team in any situation.

That's why they call us EVERTONIANS ? We are born, Not manufactured, even from afar.

Reader Comments

Mick O'Hara
1   Posted 12/01/2009 at 14:44:09

Kevin, nice try but get a life ? we have just as many overseas players as them they have Stevie GBH who is and always has been a shite and that gobshite from Bootle who absolutely hates us now. We should be asking ourselves why they get all of the best players from the city and we don´t play on Everton fans when they are young: Rush, Fowler, McManaman, Owen, Carragher the list goes on... You must be quite lonely in Malaysia.
Martin Cutler
2   Posted 12/01/2009 at 15:20:04

A little bit harsh there Mick ... I tend to think that Kevin may come across slightly biassed in his support of our beloved BLUES (as we all do most of the time) but to say (Mick that is) that we have as many overseas players as the Shite is actually laughable.

For the record I just checked... based on the main squad (approx 30 players) they have 3 English players (plus Keane if you want to include him) out of about 30. We have 18 (17 English, 1 Scottish actually). Hardly the same comparison to The RS.

As good as The RS think they are I would much prefer the squad we have.... British manager too instead of that tub-of-lard, big-mouthed wazzuck they have.

The basic point that Kevin is making is still very valid.

We (hopefully!!!) will beat THE REST OF THE WORLD on Monday and then the following Sunday too!

COYB!!!
Saiful Azhar
3   Posted 12/01/2009 at 15:55:10

FWell, I fully concurred with Kevin Chung. I have supported Everton since I was since 8 years old, it was in 1982 at that time.

As far the history is concerned, there is not much to separate us with the Redshite in term of British players who have been playing for both teams. But somehow, talking about for the last 9 years, we Evertonian still maintained our tradition to be as "British" as possible, but not the same story as our hate neighbour. Mick, even we are far located at Southeast Asia, we are also very passionate about our beloved football team.
As for the upcoming double header with LFC, even though the statistics are against us, deep in my heart, I have the gut feeling that we can make it 2 wins out of 2 for these coming fixtures.
COYB
Ciarán McGlone
4   Posted 12/01/2009 at 16:55:56

Pure class? Is this a wind up?

Football is about the best players - not some teary eyed, racist clap trap.

We have homegrown players in our team because we can?t afford anything else...
EJ Ruane
5   Posted 12/01/2009 at 17:37:18

What d?you reckon... 13? 14 tops.

Ahhhhh bless!

(?Everton is Everton? - argue with THAT and stay fashionable!)
Martin Cutler
6   Posted 12/01/2009 at 17:41:52

So are we to deduce that The RS (who we all presumably dislike with a vengeance) are indeed pure class simply because they are full of foreign and/or expensive players.....what total bollocks!
First of all they are not total class ... Gerrard may be English (and yes he’s a good player when he plays) but he’s a wanker, plain and simple....his actions at the end of that last Champions game were totally despicable (where they got that PK in the last minute) ... I find Keane to be a cocky little bleeder and way overvalued ... and this is nothing to do with bloody racism for crying out loud ... my preference is plain and simple. It’s that I would prefer our squad to be a majority of British players which we are. They are not, not even close. There isn’t one player on their team I’d take regardless of the money.....counting their manager (and assistant manager for that matter) or their American owners.
I would make one exception I suppose...if we could afford Torres I’d take him.
Money is an issue for us....has been for a long time but regardless of nationality DM has proved that it isn’t all about money. What did we pay for Arteta? Pienaar? Cahill? Would you swap any of these for any of that lot across the way? I doubt it!

Regardless of what happens in the next two games I tend to think the pressure is more on them than us ... they will expect to beat us, for us (in my honest opinion) if we win it would be all the sweeter because of the squad we have and the terrific job DM has done on a (relatively speaking) shoestring!

COYB!!
Mark Doyle
7   Posted 12/01/2009 at 21:21:21

Martin, that comment about only taking one player off the RS (Torres) is laughable. I dare any Evertonian to question whether Robbie Keane, Alonso, Mascherano and Riera wouldn?t add some quality to our threadbare squad. Granted, I understand what you're saying but take the blue tinted glasses off for a minute mate, would ya! By the way, I thought the article had some merit but overall was broken English twaddle.
Martin Cutler
8   Posted 12/01/2009 at 22:03:17

Mark...I couldn’t possibly take off the blue tinted glasses otherwise I’d see red (chuckle) but seriously...I wouldn’t take Keane if you paid me (I’m serious! Yes he has talent but I just don’t like him....he blends in well at The RS), I certainly wouldn’t take Mascherano if you paid me and Riera’s okay...pity we didn’t get him I agree, now Alonso, ok, mebbe I’d take him but that’s about it.
So, okay, from a squad of 30-odd I’d take 2 or 3 at a push.
I don’t quite see why you think it laughable that I’d only take a few players.....we are talking The Shite don’t you know! Their squad, good at times for sure, is what it is in a red shirt...I’m quite happy with our lot in blue thanks....and if we added players (which we do need to do for sure) I’d rather it be DM doing it (not you or I) and not by taking any from that lot with the possible exceptions I noted.
Jason Lam
9   Posted 13/01/2009 at 03:17:00

Have to agree Torres is both quality and class player. But if it’s only class players who are to play for Everton then I’m afraid we’re nowhere near to picking up silverware. Ratters, Reid, Gray, Van Der Hauwe would scythe through players. The Dogs O War won our last trophy. I don’t think nationality has anything to do with quality or class. The will to win at all costs is missing in Moyes’ players.

I suppose the shite must be pissing themselves each time the Yak takes a dive or we have VDM on the bench.
Julian van Lingen
10   Posted 13/01/2009 at 02:14:44

Having discovered Toffeeweb a few years ago (I don?t know what took me so long) I have been delighted at the quality of most posts and the diversity of opinions.

I was smiling all the way through Kevin?s article, pleased at a fellow Toffee?s enthusiasm for our club and the upcoming derbies.

In response to O?Hara?s final sentence, yes, Kevin probably is very lonely in Malaysia, swimming against a tidal wave of Reds of both persuasions. Not too far removed from your own situation I would hazard a guess ...

Everything with a grain of salt, eh lads?

Appreciate the post for what it is.
Kevin Chung
11   Posted 13/01/2009 at 08:45:21

Wow. My English really that bad?
Ciarán McGlone
12   Posted 13/01/2009 at 10:09:14

Kevin, Your English was fine...it was the misplaced sentiment that was over the top..

However, you’ve clearly got the requisite passion..so don’t let us miserable sods put you off.
Steve Carter
13   Posted 13/01/2009 at 11:17:31

He may be quality, Martin, but the day we bring on that slimey cheat Mascherano will do it for me. Everytime I see that little smirking sly little shit feigning innocence for his illegalities, I go into paroxysms of fury. Having him and Gerrard in the same team does my head in. And I?m about to get a double dose of it.
Ciarán McGlone
14   Posted 13/01/2009 at 11:48:42

Is that Yakubu you’re describing Steve?
Jesudian Arulraj
15   Posted 13/01/2009 at 15:50:30

EVERTON is my team since 1986... 10 years old... and i am now 33. I am very proud. I will support my team until I am no more in this planet..... I almost tatooed an Everton badge a few years back... but my mom disagree. I have more enemy when it comes to football in Ipoh (city of Perak state, Malaysia), where everybody supports the red shite and red devils... or gunners. It?s ok with me.... I will fight them with stats and our history... but reds win more titles lately and I was hoping our squad will win the FA Cup and be a great team above Aston Villa. Their luckly win is most hated memory for me...

Malaysian guys ...pls. call me at 016-5108588. pls. keep in touch... we are the chosen one and should have the bondage.
James D
16   Posted 13/01/2009 at 17:26:49

I don’t get the British thing. It would indeed be marvelous if everyone who turned out for us was a born and bred Evertonian who genuinely loved the club but this has never been the case for us or any other club. After that I couldn’t care less where they came from if they are a Cockney or a Geordie they may as well be Belgian, Australian, Nigerian - it really doesn’t matter. Or does the fact that they were born in this country, despite growing up supporting Spurs or West Ham or United, mean the players instantly have more of a connection with us? Claptrap and nothing more.
Nick Heady
17   Posted 13/01/2009 at 18:21:12

Absolutely Priceless! ,James has called a fellow blue rascist, because he dares to write an article that shows his passion and above all else pride in the football team he (we) loves.

EJ Ruane, you are known on this site as a ?wordsmith?, someone who puts his point across using the English language like a brush to paint his picture, trying to immerse the reader into his weird, often childlike scenarios which more times than not confuses one to read and re read his post and still not have a fucking clue what hes going on about.

This time though youve really hit rock bottom, I?m guessing you are older than Kevin, and with age comes maturity, dignity, humility, compassion, but not for you; Condescending, Patronising, Arrogant would best describe your ageing process. ?Ah Bless? He needs his commode emptying!

A foreign blue writes an article about how much he loves his team and how proud he is of our home grown players and he gets branded a rascist by Ciaran, a man who has used that argument on more than one occasion, and ridiculed by EJ who probably has the S missing from his Speedo swimming trunks. COYB.

Kevin Chung
18   Posted 13/01/2009 at 23:48:43

Hi guys (fellow Evertonians),

Sorry if I offended anybody with my posts, and my bad english and my misplaced sentiments. And also I would like to thank those who have come to my support... hehe.. thanks and it?s nice to see that.

Well, basically I?m just pumped up for the next 2 derbies and I pretty much hate Liverpool so much (since I was born), and that's why I wrote what I wrote.

Anyway, it?s true... I?m pretty lonely in the part of Malaysia where I come from, cause everybody around me are either Liverpool, MU, Arsenal and Chelsea fans, and I don?t get a chance to have "toffee talk" with anybody around here.

So yeah... I?m just an Evertonian born in Malaysia.
Kevin Chung
19   Posted 14/01/2009 at 01:52:21

Oh ya btw... EJ Ruanne... I’m 35...

I sound like a kid huh? maybe thats cos my english was pretty bad...