FAN ARTICLES

Shambles Revisited

By Tony Marsh :  27/08/2008 :  Comments (114) :
I must say that I am totally underwhelmed with the latest addition to our squad. Lars what's 'is name has come on a freebie and has been given a one-year contract. What the fuck is all that about? A one-year contract is almost unheard of unless you are a 35-year-old has-been near the end of your career. Talk about confidence in your new player, Davey

As for Saturday's game at the Hawthornes, I suppose you could say I didn't really give a fuck and it's hard for me to admit that. Like a lot of Evertonians these days, I can't get up for it anymore after all the lies and broken promises. It's getting harder to care and the game is slipping away from our club with each passing week.

Well, like I said back then, it was just papering over the cracks and giving BK and KW more time to plot and scheme... Any fool could see where we have been headed for years now but some of just wouldn't have it. As far as I am concerned all the 3 points at West Brom did was to loosen the rope around Kenwright's neck for another week. Gives the bastard some breathing space to think up more scams. What is the point in worrying about results and displays when the club doesn't give a toss about the fans or where the club ends up? Kirkby, for example.

Never in my life have I seen a set of supporters at any club treated so badly as Evertonians are by this club. It's a fucking outrage and it's only Evertonians that would put up with it as far as I can see. Imagine the board at Anfield getting away with this shit. There would be a riot every home game.

I am still waiting for this avalanche of signings Bill promised a few weeks back. More lies, no doubt. If this latest signing is the state of things to come then God help us. I still can't figure out if Moyes is dithering again or we really are potless but, whatever the situation is, it can't continue in this way much longer. It won't be long before the few decent players at the club will want away and any new transfer targets will just laugh at us when we come in for them.

So many of you were convinced that, after last season's success ? your words not mine ? that the flood gates would open and top-class internationals would be fighting to sign on for us so they could have a crack the Uefa Cup this season. Believe it or not, it hasn't happened... has it?

Well, if this is the reward the loyal Everton fans get for thier club finishing 5th and having good cup runs, what the fuck will we get if this season turns to mush like it looks like doing? I would sooner be near the bottom fighting relegation every season than this bullshit. At least then we would know where we stand.

Keep our expectations low and our spirits cant be crushed. If hanging on in there is all that matters, that will do for me. I can't take anymore false dawns. I can't take any more Kenwright lies. I can't take any more embarrassment or shame.

This is the sad reality of it all. There is no chance whatsoever that the squad we have now can compete to the same standard as last season. It's common sense and only a blind fool would disagree.

If Bill Kenwright is allowed to run this great club much longer we will be finished. I can't take much more of these Evertonians who claim to LOVE the club so much it hurts and anyone who is critical or anti is not a true believer... It's bullshit to be honest. If they loved the club that much, they wouldn't put up with all this fucking nonsense would they? I mean is there really Evertonians out there who love Kenwright? What a terrible thought that is.

We need to get a grip of ourselves and stop buryng our heads in the sand. Just because you have a go and lash out at the bad things going on doesn't make you less of a supporter. In my book it makes you a better one So stop telling us how much you love the club while watching it go down the pan.

It's only the fans that care now the board the manager and the rest of the cronnies running the Gaff don't give a fuck. Ah well... only 3 days to go before the window gets slammed on our fingers once again without an International whiz-kid in sight.... I wonder what treats Blue Bill has in store for us this week now that Gazza's out of rehab again.....

Reader Comments

John Doe
1   Posted 27/08/2008 at 04:02:53

Was ’Shambles Revisited’ your title about Everton or Toffeeweb’s title about your article?

I can’t make sense of it.

You were right last year that we were papering over the cracks and now Bill has screwed us, although you don’t really know whether it’s actually Moyes’ fault and if we have any money at all.

For what it’s worth I don’t think you’re a bad supporter for lashing out nor do I think it makes you a better supporter (as you seem to believe). I just think you need to pick your toys up off the floor and grow up.
Michael Kenrick
2   Posted 27/08/2008 at 04:22:58

I?m sorry, Tony, but you keep coming out with this shite and I?m starting to side with those who think you really ought to be silenced.

Re the Hawthorns game: "I didn?t really give a fuck" Yes you did, you liar. Or why write all this shite about the club you love/hate [delete as appropriate].

"I can?t get up for it anymore after all the lies and broken promises." But you do, don?t you. You keep coming back with these prophecies of doom, while the club has only gone from strength to strength on the field.

"Any fool could see where we have been headed for years now but some of just wouldn?t have it." It seems that where we have been headed is becoming the Best of the Rest. Remember, the League Table does not lie, Tony.

"Never in my life have I seen a set of supporters at any club treated so badly as Evertonians are by this club." Oh give it a rest. The fans have always been taken for granted and they still are. There?s nothing different there. It?s only babies like you who expect to be molly-coddled and wrapped in cotton wool who have a problem with it. The rest of us are grown-up enough to know the way it shakes down, and to either accept or reject it: That is our choice as grown-ups.

" I would sooner be near the bottom fighting relegation every season than this bullshit." Don?t be so fucking stupid!

"I can?t take any more embarrassment or shame." What melodramatic nonsense... if only it were true, but I just know you?ll stick with it and be back with yet more of this rubbish.

"There is no chance whatsoever that the squad we have now can compete to the same standard as last season. It?s common sense and only a blind fool would disagree." The truth is neither you nor anyone else has any fucking idea where we will finish. That?s why they have a league and they play a game every week. Only at the end of it do you know. So, for the love of god, please jack it in with these asinine prophecies of yours. I?ve defended your right to spout this shite but now even I have had enough of it.
Bluey Hills
3   Posted 27/08/2008 at 04:45:16

Michael, Wrong to silence anyone. Tony’s comments are similar to the lunatic’s 3 rows behind who hurls abuse every game. But him being there is a part of that game.
You have to take the whole thing; pissing down rain, crap match, mouthy fans etc.

You are free to criticise anyone you want on any topic, and as editor you will claim that right.

So do you now set out parameters for discussions? No, of course not. And you dont want to.

For many quirky reasons many football fans are just like Tony. Long may they have their voice at the ground and in the modern day via the likes of TW
Gavin Harris
4   Posted 27/08/2008 at 04:59:18

"Believe it or not, it hasn?t happened... has it?"

Actually mate I think it has. Both the Mourinho and M?bia have stated a desire to come to the club this season and I bet you they wouldn?t have last year. Don?t forget Mou is the captain of Sporting lisbon and a regular for the national team and M?bia plays for the french champions and a regular for the national team.

"Lars what?s ?is name has come on a freebie and has been given a one-year contract. What the fuck is all that about? A one-year contract is almost unheard of unless you are a 35-year-old has-been near the end of your career. Talk about confidence in your new player, Davey"

If you look at the player?s history you will see a list of previous injuries so one year is a good move in case we have another VDM on our hands. Also mate, he has played at CL, International level and is not too old. Free is a good deal.

"As for Saturday?s game at the Hawthornes, I suppose you could say I didn?t really give a fuck and it?s hard for me to admit that."

What sort of supporter you are? No evertonian I know would say, "I don?t give a fuck" about a result.

"Imagine the board at Anfield getting away with this shit. There would be a riot every home game."

Actually mate, the mess over the park is serious. The owners hate each other and sources say it?s seriously damaging the club internally and will on the pitch. Can?t hear any red shites complaining though!

"I would sooner be near the bottom fighting relegation every season than this bullshit. At least then we would know where we stand."

What bullshit. There could be nothing more damaging to our club than to fight relegation. Not only would we lose our best players but Moyes would go and our targets would be sub-standard at best. Would be a disaster.

?It?s only the fans that care now the board the manager and the rest of the cronnies running the Gaff don?t give a fuck?

More classic bullshit? do your really think Moyes and the others do not give a fuck? It?s tripe. Do you really think Moyes would stay at the club if he thought the others didn?t give a fuck? Of course he wouldn?t. I want investment or a takeover as much as anyone but I wouldn?t start this pathetic name calling without knowing the inside line and a risk of libel hanging over my head. Because what you and others forget is that one day Mr Kenwright and co will come on here see what people are saying and consider libel cases. Don?t forget thousands visit the site daily and you wouldn?t stand in front of a same crowd in Liverpool or London spouting such language would you?
James Byrne
5   Posted 27/08/2008 at 05:23:42

Tony, I support almost all of what you say and share your passion as a blue; I also feel as frustrated when I see no quality signings, especially after paying for two season tickets in the Park End again.

But please, in order to maintain some integrity do not compare us as fans with the murdering shower of cunts over the park; they would cause a riot but only as they expect to win the league and the CL every season. We are a unique set of supporters, the best in the league? I think so. But it doesn’t matter what you shout in the stands, how much you write in forums like these, there is only one way to deal with your frustration of EFC. Don’t go the game; don’t pay for the match ticket; don’t renew or but a season ticket!

At the end of this season I will not renew my season ticket(s) unless there is evidence of financial stability, players being signed in January etc (hopefully in a few days).

The only way to get your message across to any organisation is to not part with your money; this is the only way these people who run EFC will be able to identify a problem.

Just to summarize; if your not happy with what is going on at EFC - don’t go the game. Simple as.
Tom Hughes
6   Posted 27/08/2008 at 06:45:35

James,

"But it doesn?t matter what you shout in the stands, how much you write in forums like these, "

I agree, that does hit them where it really hurts, but at some point shouts from the stands and forums like this do eventually register. The groundswell has been growing for some time now...... hence things like the EGM
Peter Bourke
7   Posted 27/08/2008 at 06:36:35

Tony, as most of your statements have been dealt with by the posters above, the only one i felt strongly about that hasn?t been mentioned is your comment about "It's only the fans that care now, the board the manager and the rest of the cronnies dont give a f.......etc,etc."
If there's one thing I can 100% guarantee you, it is that our manager DM does care, and the people he has around him are in the same boat.
You would have to have your eyes wide shut not to realise that. You may as well say Tim Cahill plays with no passion.
Ed Fitzgerald
8   Posted 27/08/2008 at 06:50:16

James

I am with Tom on this one. The Internet and its many forums on EFC exert a steady but considerable pressure on the board at Everton. It gives people access to government officials, the media and each other to construct campaigns of protest. I actually agree with much of what Tony says even if his approach is a little vitriolic. The lack of transparency and double talk peddled by the clubs leadership over recent times warrants his splenetic response. I see Andy Burnham is supporting the reds ?Share Liverpool? let?s hope he is as active in supporting democratic reforms at his beloved Everton FC.
Ray Roche
9   Posted 27/08/2008 at 07:01:40

Another Tony Marsh rant, with no substance,as usual. Just misery Marsh in full flow.In a thread some weeks ago I invited Marsh to give us HIS idea as to what should be happening at Everton.Instead of just criticising tell us all what HE would do,what team He would pick,what formation we’d play and who we would sell,and who HE would buy.Oh,and where he’d get the money.
I even used the old saying about "Those that can,do,those that can’t,teach" ,hoping that ,because he "can’t do" ,because I don’t remember Marsh gracing the pitch at Goodison,maybe he could at least teach us thickos some of the finer points of running a football team/club.You’ve guessed it, no response from Marsh.He just disappeared down his rat hole with the other cowards who can only snipe from distance and reappear when the coast is clear. Are you going to the Villa match with the rest of your Koppite mates on Sunday,Tony?
Like everyone else, I’m pissed off with no signings and the obvious lack of money, but Marsh would be offering this sort of garbage if we won the Champions League.
JulieNaybour
10   Posted 27/08/2008 at 07:13:47

I am so glad to see so many disagree with the uttetrly depressing negative, and typical article and finally people do seem to standing up against this.
Tony - I know you’ve really cared, maybe you do or don’t any longer. I know you’re frustrated and hurt. I understand that but I’m not sure I agree with you in who’s fault it is. I would love to know what you really believe has gone on behind the scenes, how it is their fault and what you think should have happened and should now be happening. Do you not think this has anything to do with the growing sickness in the business side of the game. Do you not think that management are tearing their hair out just as much as the fans and are being let down left right and centre. You keep pointing the finger. Can you detail in facts what’s gone on because no-one else seems to know and that I’m afraid is typical in business and the nature of the beast. They cannot keep the whole fanbase privvy to what’s going on all the time. But I would love to hear your answers as to what shoulod be done???
John Cottee
11   Posted 27/08/2008 at 07:40:25

Cant somebody in charge of ToffeeWeb do something to shut this moron up? I?m an Everton fan and don't want to hear some fucking idiot bash my beloved club.
Steve Flanagan
12   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:09:46

Tony

" I would sooner be near the bottom fighting relegation every season than this bullshit. At least then we would know where we stand.

Keep our expectations low and our spirits cant be crushed. If hanging on in there is all that matters, that will do for me."

You’re not Walter Smith in disguise are you?
Rich Jones
13   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:04:37

I think all Tony was trying to say is he's disappointed that so many people still believe Kenwright's bullshit, that we as fans and even the ones that are anti Kenwright inexplicably are not vociferous enough about what's going on. I still feel though Tony that you give Moyes are hard time considering you are bang on the nail with the shit he's having to put up with.
Dutch Schaffaer
14   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:12:50

I love how he thinks finishing in the Top 6 twice on the trot is just papering over the cracks. Thats some fucking paper. We even finished in the Top 4 once but I guess that was an accident.

I still say Everton are exactly the same team that finished 5th last season minus Carsley (who was on his last legs anyway and Rodwell looks like he could be a replacement) and Johnson (who was never good enough to start with and if Vaughan can stay fit we have a replacement there).

Sure you can argue that the team needs some new faces to add numbers (probably what Jacobsen is) and yes I’ll agree most team around us have strengthen so this season will be more difficult but I refuse to believe that a team that finished BEST OF THE REST last season has suddenly become as bad as the moronic Tony Marsh claims.
Ton Hyland
15   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:21:55

Gavin, O think you’ve got your facts wrong as M’bia is from Cameroon and plays for Rennes as you rightly said, not Lyon who have been French champions seven years in a row.
Dutch Schaffaer
16   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:22:14

"If Bill Kenwright is allowed to run this great club much longer we will be finished."

Absolutely Tony your spot on there. Its awful finishing in the Top 6 every year, getting regular Euro football, I hated the way we spent £20 million last summer, it pisses me off how all the press continue to praise Everton for being one of the best run clubs in the league.

Lets get a big money grabbing foreign investor to buy Everton, someone who is only interested in making a profit, someone who will sell Moyes best players from under him and then when he quits can appoint 3 different manangers in as many years.

I say screw the stability and success we have enjoyed over the last 6 years, lets get a Thaksin Shinawatra in charge.
Robert Taylor
17   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:31:19

I actually agree with Tony on this one.

And Michael while you point out that he’s lying about not caring any more, I think (forgive me if I’m wrong) what Tony’s conveying is how futile and irrational it is continuing to support an institution that appears to be chronically and structurally disposed to delivering failure this season.
rich jones
18   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:38:10

£20 million hmm let me see what did we get back in for Mcfadden 6.5 million if my memory is correct we also got rid of Davies and Kilbane without replacement, I think our net spend was a lot less than £20 million Dutch. Have you met Doddy you 2 should go for pint sometime. Let me know when it happens we’ll make a sky pay per view event.
Dave Ush
19   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:19:49

Tony for what it’s worth here is my opinion. Go to the game and support the team. If you can bear it cheer when we score and occasionally get excited by silky skills of Arteta and Peanuts and sometimes Ossie. (remamber recently Gemil, pembridge, Gazza and Ginola)

Get excited by tackles from the back 4 three of which recently played for their countries. (try to ignore Hibbert if fit but remember Unsworth’s lump up the pitch to the head of anyone and some of the recent years piss poor defenders.)

Then Tony cheer when Cahill (if fit) and the Yak combine to score another cracker. (remember Beattie’s poor finishing and the likes of Joe max moore and others who recently graced our strikers slots.)

If you don’t enjoy the quality of football on show from the players on the books now i’m suprised you didn’t just explode over the shit we’ve had to put up with for some of the past 20 years. We are dangerously short at the moment but we should be enjoying the RELATIVE success of last year but I get the impression that Tony really does enjoy it when there is an apparent crisis going on somewhere. This must be the most miserable time of his life so we should all have simpathy for him and send him videos of such classics as everton v wimbledon or v coventry. Maybe if someone has a copy of us getting knocked out of the FA cup last year that will cheer him up and he can revel in the heady evening of moaning to his mates about how shit we were.
Dave Lynch
20   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:31:49

John Cottee.
What are we supposed to do mate!
Bury our head in the sand?
Whilst i don?t allude to a lot of what Tony is saying, i can sure understand the emotion behind it.
As for your comment. "Some idiot bashing my beloved club."
Grow up mate! We are in a terrible state both on and off the pitch. People like you who think we should just carry on loving? Regardless.
Deserve all they get, which is usually a healthy dose of reality in the end.
The reality is there for all to see. Open your eyes buddy. We are in a terrible mess.
Remember.
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.
Colin Grierson
21   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:49:59

I don’t agree with all of your comments Tony but I do agree that your voice should be heard.

I want the team to do well no matter who is on the field but it doesnt mean that I’m happy about who IS on the field.

I do agree with a fair bit of what you say about the running of the club but as I say I still support the team regardless.
In my opinion Tony its at times like these that we need to get behind the team even more. We are in our hour of need.
Criticise the board cos they deserve it demand answers (EGM), we deserve them, but NEVER stop supporting the team.

To those of you who say don’t go to the game! I live in Thailand and watch every game live on the telly. I would love to be in the stands. If everyone had the same attitude and stopped going to the game then there would be no EFC and where would that leave us? I could never support anyone else.
So put the dummy back in, pick up the teddy and get to Goodison and make some noise!
Michael Tracey
22   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:23:22

Poor old Jacobsen hasn?t even kicked a ball for us and he is being slated! I hope that he doesn?t read this site as I wouldn?t blame him for wanting to cancel the loan.

Even if we do sign no one before the deadline (still opitimistic we can) maybe Neville as the only defensive midfielder wouldn?t be that bad!

When we get Cahill back then we could well maybe have this

Howard

Jacobsen
Yobo
Jags
Baines

Osman
Arteta
Neville
Cahill
Pinear

Yak

or even have Lescott LB and we could Baines in Midfield and leave out Osman.

Just a thought! We could even now have a 4 man midfield of Osman Neville Baines & Arteta with Vaughan and the Big Yak upfront! Just a thought
Ian Ankers
23   Posted 27/08/2008 at 09:13:08

Absolute nonsense in my opinion. The whole article!
I’m not even going to argue with this sort of rubbish!

I will say one thing Tony, it seems your greatest pleasure in football is putting down the club you support? Oh well, whatever floats your boat....
James Byrne
24   Posted 27/08/2008 at 08:42:24

Tom , Ed.

Thanks for the feedback; I wasn’t attempting to discount the power and importantance of forums or the shout from the crowd at games etc; forgive me if that was how it was read.

I think we can all agree that these are unique times for us as fans and as a club; we have made some significant progress over the past few seasons especially recently in Europe.

My main point is on the running of the club itself; let me be frank! The board in their world of EFC don’t think like me or you or like the vast majority of supporters who go the game; they don’t give a fuck! As long as they see the usual sales of season tickets and almost full home games every season thats all that registers with these people. They don’t care what you shout at the game coz they are not listening. They are finacial people driven by accounts and forecasts etc. They are not fans!!

But what these people do understand and register to is a loss in finance and income; I will not renew my season tickets again until (1) I see some form of "substantial" outside investment come to the club (we are a sleeping giant FFS!) (2) Quality players being bought so we can build on previous successes (Europe!).

I am self employed like I guess so many other EFC supporters; I take on board feedback in many ways, but if people stopped paying me money I would be doomed; I would need to seriously look at why and what was wrong! Again thats my point and I will exercise that right if 1 & 2 are not fullfilled.

Another point about the running of the club; I work internationally, mainly Middle East & Asia and it drives me insane when local people have never heard of Everton FC; Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Tom Abdy
25   Posted 27/08/2008 at 09:14:03

Oh Tony, you do make me smile :o)
Christopher Masters
26   Posted 27/08/2008 at 09:26:46

Tony, if you really don?t "give a fuck ..." and "can?t get up for it anymore" then why don?t you get yourself over to Anfield and support the other lot ...

Then we wouldn?t have to hear you bleating on and on with your usual drivel which quite frankly has now become boring to the point where I and probably many others "don?t give a fuck ..."
Dutch Schaffaer
27   Posted 27/08/2008 at 09:30:43

Dave Lynch, are we really in a terrible state both on and off the pitch?

On-Pitch
Just finished 5th, qualified for Europe (again), now have a 20-goal a season striker, youngsters bursting through, the likes of Jagielka and Lescott getiing International recognition, one of the higher goalscoring teams in the Premier League last season but I guess none of that counts for anything because we didn?t play too well in the last two games (even though we did win one of those).

Off-Pitch
Comparatively low debt, a manager who understands the importance of balancing the books, we have money to spend, we never have to see pictures of our players (or their wags) falling out of nightclubs, no bickering between the manager and the owners, the reputation of being a well-run sensible club.

Its crazy how some fans have gotten this impression that there?s a crises at Everton, we finished 5th just two games ago.

Got that first win under our belts, the likes of Rodwell are gaining experience and improving every match and by all accounts there?s money to spend when Moyes finds the player he wants.

There?s no crisis as far as I can see. It's frustrating that the top players Moyes is targeting don't appear to want to join but it's not panic stations yet.

I remember not so long ago losing at half-time to Wimbledon and facing certain relegation. Now that's what you call panic stations.
Mark Lightfoot
28   Posted 27/08/2008 at 09:55:34

Tony have you been on the gin? This is a uniquely dismal and one sided view of the situation. Surely with only a modicum of consideration you would see that there is another side to every view you have espoused. A one year contract for Lars is a good thing. We couldn’t take him on loan because he’s out of contract, and as previously said, why saddle ourselves with a long term contract for someone with a chequered injury record?

There isn’t much money at this club & that’s unlikely to change until the stadium issue is resolved, or new investors come in, or both. You accuse Bill Kenwright of spin, smoke & mirrors. Would you like him more if he said ’That’s is boys, the game’s up, the wheel?s fallen off, we’ve had it.’ Bill, & all the others at the club, talk it up and occasionally play their cards close to their chest, because they have to, it’s their job. Imagine how many players we’d attract if the management moped around despondently under a cloud of gloom.

Sure there’s been a distinct lack of signings so far this summer. Some players may have been put off signing by doomsters such as yourself. But this summer’s transfer saga is little different to any other. Remember Kroldrup and Van Der Meyde? There was the summer 2005 fiasco when we had to go back cap in hand to Pistone who we?d only just let go at the end of the season. Just look at last summer:

Tim Howard (already with us on loan)
Phil Jagielka (relegated £4m)
Lukas Jutkiewicz (one for the future)
Leighton Baines (Injury prone)
Stefan Wessels (?)
Yakubu (Middlesbrough, 11.25m)
Thomas Gravesen (good for one match)

It’s only Yakubu & Jagielka who have proved their worth. In spite of that we still finished 5th and had a great run in Europe. I enjoyed last season and will look back on that team with fond memories. It was the best we’ve seen since the 80s.

I admit there are problems though. The stadium issue is a big one. I fancied the Kirkby solution only because it gave us the funding to build a stadium we could not otherwise afford. In my heart though, I’d love to see Goodison turned into a 60,000 seater world class stadium. We can dream can’t we? The other difficulty is actually attracting players to the club. We’re not a glamour club & haven’t been for many years. We’ve put in some good offers this summer & the money has been there. An offer has been accepted for Riera but he wants to go elsewhere (god help him). I fear we need more success to attract the bigger names but that may not come if we can’t attract them in. It’s a chicken and egg thing.
Andy Ellams
29   Posted 27/08/2008 at 09:48:51

Well I think most of you are critical of this article pure;y because of who wrote it. We are in a mess, pure and simple. Yes we finished 5th last year etc. etc. but in the space of 3 months since we have taken a huge step backwards and don’t look like doing anything about this. We have til Monday to make changes and if this doesn’t happen January will be too late to save the season and if we don’t qualify for Europe then we won’t get the right players in next year either.

So fingers crossed for the next few days, but prepare for frustration too.
Art Greeth
30   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:01:52

Other than saying he is starting to side with those who think Tony should be silenced (totally disagree with that sentiment - all views should have the right to be aired), I think Michael pretty much nails this article in his editorial reply. Well done!!!

Nice new look to the site BTW TW team...
Art Greeth
31   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:05:51

No, Andy Ellams... people are NOT critical of the article only because of its author. As many have very eloquently demonstrated, they are critical of it for its content.
Dave Wilson
32   Posted 27/08/2008 at 09:07:57

The guy pays his money, he?s been paying it for years, that entitles him to his opinion.

The overiding message in his article is he?s sick of being taken for a mug.

Rather than resorting to calling TM childish names ? I love how brave some people get on their PCs.
How about trying to prove him wrong? If TM?s wrong and our board only tell us the truth why not challenge him to prove what he says ?

As for the calls to get TM silenced, what utter bollocks, I dont agree with a lot of what he says myself, but his articles always draw plenty of debate.
Try submitting an interesting article yourselves, only lay off the gloss, no one wants to be told everythings rosey in the garden, when its blindingly obvious to everyone that it isn't.
Richard Dodd
33   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:03:34

Editor: I don?t think I have ever agreed with a single thing written by Tony Marsh. Our approaches to supporting Everton are diametrically opposed but hell, does the man care? He cares with a passion and to talk about banning him does you or your readership no favours whatsoever ? so please desist!
Tony, keep true to what you believe ? it may be bollocks but you are entitled to believe it!
Ray Roche
34   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:20:10

Dave Wilson
Dave, I, too, believe everyone has a right to their opinion which is why Tony Marsh gets such a response from other fans when he comes out with a diatribe like this article. People HAVE challenged him to either prove his point or offer a viable, constructive alternative to what is happening at our club, but he just hides away. What?s wrong with him? Is he just attention seeking? Or being mischevious?
Ray Burn
35   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:23:17

That’s the problem with opinions...they’ll let any old idiot have one.
Ray Roche
36   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:32:45

Dave, I too believe everyone has the right to an opinion which is why Tony Marsg gets so much response when he comes out with a diatribe such as thisarticle.People have challenged him to either prove his ponit or provide a viable ,constructive alternative to what is happening at our club, but he just hides away. What?s wrong with him? Is he just attention seeking? Or being mischevious?
Paul Atress

Rodwell
Osman
Arteta
Cahill
Vaughn
Yakubu

Which team is stronger? Personally I think we have a stronger team this season and that's only going to improve this week as Moyes makes further signings.
Nelly Blythe
38   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:10:29

Moutinho & M’Bia both WANT to come to the club do they ???

WELL WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY THEN !!!!!!

Some of you are so easily conned by the shite that you read in the rags it’s unbelieveable.

Tony you’ve got lots of points mate !!!...I too dont accept mediocrity as success and after this week I agree that Moyes isn’t totally blameless.<

What I find incredible and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE is the fact that we alledgedly had a bid of £12mil...yes folks that’s £12mil.... accepted for a player that’s now going to the RED SHITE for £8mil yet we are finding it difficult to find £9mil for Wright-Philips - y’know a player with the type of PROVEN QUALITY which Moyes says he wants to bring into the club.

£12 mil for Reira - who failed miserably in his last sojurn to the Premiership or £9mil for Shaun Wright-Philips...seems pretty simple maths to me.

Moyes had my sympathy until this week...a full-back we’ve never heard of (who by his own admission is nowhere near fit to play) and phantom £12mil bids for a player that only really costs £8mil has put paid to all of that... Fucking joke and he’s taking the piss just like everyone else at the club.

Whilst I’m on one...Has anyone else noticed that the proposed signing of M’Bia has gone distinctly quiet since he said he actually WANTED to join us !!

Fucking liars at Everton...every fucking one of them !!
Nick Entwistle
39   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:46:03

Paul, love the way you’ve already made Lars a better player than Neville!

You could be wrong or right but Pip deserves Lars having his chance at misplacing passes and hoofing before you say this :)
John Lloyd
40   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:51:05

"I did try to touch on the plight of the club last season but my comments were met with howls of derision and.... "Just look at our league position. We are in the Carling Cup semi-final and 5th in the league and all you can do is moan." ? that was a favourite of mine. "

Tony the only time that response was put to your articles was when you were scathing the team & performances of the players & managers. Don?t try and twist things to make yourself look like the all seeing eye mate, you have a knack of talking shite & you're at it again.

Anthony Millington
41   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:42:27

If we were willing to stump up 12 million for Riera, why did we not go back in for Moutinho and pay a few million extra on top of that 12 million with the money we recieved for Johnson? Moutinho is probably a much better player than some former Man City flop and he showed a willingness to move to us after we made our interest known. Or Manny Fernandes would also in my eyes be a better option than Riera for value for money, Valencia are in serious debt and may let him go for a good price, but it looks like we may have left that too late and Everton don’t appear to be interested anymore. Moyes talked about Fernandes as though we can’t sign him, because he’s owned by a third party! What about Liverpool and Man United with Mascherano and Tevez, is it just Everton who can’t work out third party deals coz the board can’t be bothered doing their job and dealing with the complications of these sorts of deals? I really can’t understand why we haven’t signed M’Bia either he’s been saying for months that Moyes wants him and he wants to join us, he’s now back from the Olympics, the season has started and we haven’t bothered to make an offer. I wrote an article earlier in the summer called Struggling to Compete and it turns out that it couldn’t some up our summer any better.
Lee Hind
42   Posted 27/08/2008 at 10:48:32

What I find incredible and TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE is the fact that we alledgedly had a bid of £12mil...yes folks that?s £12mil.... accepted for a player that?s now going to the RED SHITE

Problem is, he always wanted to go to the shite and held out for a move. His club were forced to accept the lower bid - player power rules - also evidenced by the fact that Everton and Juve agreed a loan deal for Tiago and the HE decided he didnt fancy it. Fuck all Moyes can do about that in all honesty.

As for SWP - now thats something I don’t understand, however I’m led to believe (by scouring evertonnews.com) that a loan deal may appeal to SWP as he really wants to play for Chelsea - he knows he needs to go elsewhere to get regular games. Silly loan offer or clever idea? Remember this is the manager who bought us Cahill, Arteta AND Lescott for £10m ish. The man knows what he’s doing.

Oh, and to the original poster who said DM doesn’t care - you’re off your head mate :)
Thom Coleman
43   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:08:54

I think a lot of you are incorrect in jumping on his back over this one. I like many others got sick of the dross he wrote about the team last season, but this time he has a very valid point.

No doubt the brain dead Kenwright believers and backers will still continue to do so, and even worst try to justify it!

Mr Marsh is correct in his sentiment.

As for the suckers believing every lie and ridiculous bid put in for players, think of Shearer, think of Alan Smith, think of Kirkby, think of the Kings Dock, think of the mis-management of shirt sales, think of the Rooney deal.... lie after lie, and also complete inept mismanagement, which has only been masked by what Moyes has managed to get out of the players on the pitch.

I despair of Evertonians who still argue the case. But they do say ignorance is bliss!
Ray Roche
44   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:28:17

Anthony Millington

Apparently, Everton had worked their way through the perils of "third party ownership" last year before Manny jumped ship.
Sean Thompson
45   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:39:50

Tony, i can?t add anything else to that other than to say well said. Every word of that is true.
Harvey Smith
46   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:28:33

To tell you the truth, I don?t mind TM predicting the end of the world. The regular readers know his angle and aren?t overly influenced by his blood and guts holier-than-thou speeches. However, what I did find interesting were two separate statements made above:

"As far as I am concerned all the 3 points at West Brom did was to loosen the rope around Kenwright?s neck for another week. Gives the bastard some breathing space to think up more scams."

How can you not be bothered by a game that your patched-up team needs to win? Even worse, that second statement almost reads as if you are disappointed that the Blues won!

Tony, give it a rest, you?re letting the football politics ruin the game. Enjoy the game for what it is, the glory days of players in touch with their locals etc. are long gone.

This might come as a bit of a shock to you but you don?t even figure on Kenwright?s radar. You could rally all your mates and organise a Kenwright Out campaign, but the man is not going to budge because of you... so just get back to what you do best: support the Blues and writing shitty articles about how Davie Moyes has too many diddy men in midfield, just spare us the martyr nonsense.
Anthony Millington
47   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:43:37

Well why did we not do it this year then, he wanted to come and fits into the system we play and is a top class talent who wouldn’t have cost as much as someone like Moutinho? Everton obviously preferred to miss out on a big step forward and instead go into the season with Rodwell and Jagielka in midfield. Woooo! It’s just a big shame that we’ve lost out on one of the players who can make us tick in midfield, because there is now an obvious lack of creativity in the middle of our midfield at the moment and we have no-one that can pass the ball about and help us keep possession as was apparent in the West Brom game.
James Marshall
48   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:53:22

What a bizzarre rant - it seems to me that Tony is a wee bit confuzzled as to what he actually thinks; various contradictions point to a ship with no sail (Tony or the club?) careering along, caring greatly but not quite managing to put his finger on what it is he thinks, or indeed wants to say.

Tony clearly cares about Everton, despite him trying to make us think otherwise at the beginning of this piece, but what is his point? I don?t think he really has one, other than to say he hates Bill Kenwright and isnt sure about Moyes in the transfer market.

To say ther club is going down the pan seems somewhat reactionary to me - I?ve been a supporter for almost 30 years, and in that time we?ve gone from being the best team in the top flight, to one of the worst and now back up to being one of the ?better? teams again and that for me means progress, a club on the up, even if we have had a tough time this summer.

The days of being perennial relegation fodder are well behind us, and if Tony prefers to support a club that is fighting at the bottom then fine, but to say thats better than supporting a team at the top is just him being his usual churlish self - he doesn't really mean that, and doesn't really mean a lot of what he says. I firmly believe that Tony is a fine supporter of EFC, he?s just a bloke who gets a bit lost in all his own bluster.

Everton ARE a team doing well, a club that could be better run, but then we ARE in a much better position than we have been for many many years and for me thats enough right now.

If we can progress further then great, if it takes a season of consolidation, then I?ll take it.

Whats our name.......?
Ian Macdonald
49   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:46:10

Tony,
I?ve always said for the name Evertonian read the name ?FRUSTRATION?! The ?the custodians? have worn us down to the point of trepidation for the new season instead of excitement. It's a sad story how Everton off the field protray themselves, I honestly believe no more spin records will work anymore. But I must say that our travelling support in the second half at rip off WBA was magniicent.

Tony, Everton will shorten your lifespan mate, chill a bit; they don?t care about us.
ps: I hope WBA go down... £40 for a ticket ? Stoke are charging £25.

Dave Lynch
50   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:13:00

Dutch me old mate. Welcome.
If you think all is rosy in the garden.
I will have to bow down to your superior knowledge and intellect.
Now take your head outa your arse and smell the coffee.
Ray Roche
51   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:39:45

Anthony Millington

I agree. We should have made more effort to buy Manny.
David Foster
52   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:32:58

I applaued your article Tony finally someone has the balls to come out and say what they are are really feeling about our great club and how much of a useless tosser Bill Kenwright is i tell you what if we as a club do not sign at least 5 players of quality between now and 12 midnight Septemper 1st Moyes and Kenwright should walk away.
Richard Dodd
53   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:45:32

Lay off Dutch! he?s just doing what i refused to do ? putting his name to Ian Ross postings.
Dan Brierley
54   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:34:50

Whilst I do agree that Kenwright’s tenure could have been better, he certainly hasnt done a bad job as chairman. In fact, I dont know how he has managed to get the funds he has, to sign most of this squad!

If we look at our core nucleus of players now, this is a damn good team. With the injection of one or two wold class players, then who knows what that can bring us? But as has been pointed out here many times, the calibre of players we are going for a the moment really do seem out of our league. So I am not suprised we havent been able to land them so easily.

I dont condemn anybody for giving up, these really are tough times as we have not kicked on from last season. However I hope those pouring scorrn all over this club, feel guilty should our Manager and Board manager to steer us through this troubled time, and help us step up to the next level.

When they took over, this club was really in the shit. You dont need me to run the squad to explain just how dire it was. So when I compare that to now, it baffles me as to how so much hatred is channeled towards our current regime. If it was the other way around, only then could I share so much anger.
Phil A Martin
55   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:54:12

I quite agree with some of Tony's comments...
Our supposed push for Top 4 status and challenge for silverware has taken a massive hit. All before the third week of the season. How can we build on last year when we are down in numbers and quality this year? All along BK has been feeding us "Watch this Space" and failed to deliver!

Perhaps by Xmas when we are midtable, out of the Carling cup and Uefa Cup. People will understand that we are fucked. We need ambitious investment in the club! Not more sentimental cliches and "I love Everton" Bullshit that is meaningless!
Bobby Richmond
56   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:46:30

I agree almost entirely except most of the blame should be directed at DITHERING Davey. We are told by all including ?Mr. Cant make me mind up? that the money is there. It's the Ginger clown who can't make a decision who to go for and only then offers ridiculously low money, i.e £13m for Moutinho when they want £18m, loan for SWP when City offer £9m to buy. Then offers £12m for Reira when he knows there's no chance as he's going to LFC for £8m. These together with previous crap deal for ?Coughdrop and Van der Sicknote? is typical of the clown.

For christ's sake this freebee right-back... he has had his eye on him for 18 months and only goes for him now out of desperation. Then only gives him a year's contract ? very confident I don't think. This guy is too tight and too slow and it is he who is bringing us to our knees. Look at the type of football: lump it into the corners for Jonno to chase ? no wonder he wanted out; one striker at home; always plays for a point; the same corners by Arteta which rarely beat the 1st man and Moyes never changes it. The same with Arteta?s freekick 1 out of 40 on target yet Moyes doesn't change it. Even the same pathetic throw-ins which never reach the intended target as they are marked by 2 men.

The same old shite, the same old negativity. We scrapped home last year more by luck than owt else and he's had 3 months to get men in. PATHETIC! MOYES IS BORING AND PATHETIC. Thank god he can't even make his mind up about signing his contract. "There's a contract there and when I get round to it theres one to be signed." What the fuck's that mumbo jumbo all about? The man is an inept, indecisive CLOWN.

Malcolm Murphy
57   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:58:31

I am worn out with these constant ?possible signings?!!! Please EFC just come clean... are we skint? Supporters would prefer to know the truth rather than this constant nonsense coming out of the club. Harry Catterick should be turning in his grave, yes we had a lot more money in those days but nobody (not even the press) got a sniff of who he was about to sign before the player was presented at a press conference
EJ Ruane
58   Posted 27/08/2008 at 12:00:57

Apart from a couple of things, I generally agree with and understand Tony Marsh (this piece and others).

His pieces make MUCH more sense to me than all the ’let’s be positive’ bollocks one reads on TW.

Presumably, the words ’positive’ and ’negative’ exist, so we have ways of expressing our feelings in different circumstances (yes - and so we know where to put a battery)

eg: If things are going shite - we can say we’re feeling very negative and generally react negatively

If things are going well - same, only positive.

THIS - IS - NORMAL.

The rules of human nature are not suspended because it’s Everton

Yet this place is full of pot-herbs who, even though NOT ONE Evertonian thinks things are going well, are continually telling us ’be positive’.

Do these people tell others to stop crying at funerals and/or tell Lottery winners to stop smiling?

I’m guessing the answer is yes.

When circumstances annoy and/or frustrate a human being, venting that frustration is ENTIRELY within reason.

Suggesting people react positively to (constant) bad news news is just fucking....odd.

By the way, Michael Kenrick, in my opinion, the only people who should EVER be ’silenced’, are people who express a desire to silence others.

But..that’s just me.

Oh and to those who think my point of view is total shite and you disagree with every word, try to be positive - I KNOW you can.

Ron Walker
59   Posted 27/08/2008 at 13:09:17

I have to say i blame Moyes. He just cannot make a desision and is holding us back. He can't even decide which sub to use and when so what chance. We fluked WBA and the football is so shite it hurts your eyes. Much as I like Arteta, he is too in and out of games to be relied on as the main playmaker. Look at how he plays against the best teams ? always anonymous.
In Moyes we definately don't trust.
Andrew Fearns
60   Posted 27/08/2008 at 13:08:29

PATHETIC! MOYES IS BORING AND PATHETIC.

i think someone needs a nap.

I love the way everyone who doesn?t hate Kenwright is brain dead, and everyone who does are clearly geniuses.

If only these geniuses had used their genius to earn squillions of pounds and they could have bought Kenwrong out and we?d be champions of the world now.

I seriously think that all the people who hate Kenwright congregate on this site - and it may well be 200 to 300 out of the maybe 500 regular posters to the mailbag. But in the wider population of Evertonians the number is not swelled in proportion. So as seen at the poor turnout for protests about Kirkby, the apathy towards the vote over the move and the lack of a protest to oust Kenwright my feeling is the majority of Evertonians don?t give that much of a shit about the off field stuff and care more about going on the holy grail and the team.

And I think the editors are right in questioning whether to continue post Marshes "work". Marshes posts are nothing more than illogical rantings written to start arguements.
Thom Coleman
61   Posted 27/08/2008 at 13:30:17

Andrew Fearns, where does it say that anybody hates Kenwright? Get a grip and take the personal issues out.

Many people are just sick of his lies and mis-management, but there is no hate involved.

Is he answerable to anything? Did you not see the pathetic interview he gave on SKy? "Watch this space" with a big smug grin on his grid!. He sets himself up to be knocked down the way he behaves.

He even went on to tell us all how meticulous Mr Moyes is in the transfer market, and will not settle for anything less than top drawer. Cue an apparent bid for Alan Smith! However, the only signing to date is a 28 year old full back who can hardly be classed in the category thus far!

I am afraid this latest embarassing interview was possibly one too far, as it appears up to now to be the one that has made him a laughing stock.
Tony Williams
62   Posted 27/08/2008 at 13:11:41

"Then offers 12m for Reina when he knows theres no chance as hes going to the shite for 8m"

That had me in stitches, how daft is Moyes hey? Imagine offering 50% more for a player and expecting the club to take you seriously, I mean come on now? Sisoko anyone? Agreed deal, hand on the Shite now have him or should I say had him.

Tony, I had a reverse Jerry Maguire moment with your post, you had me until "I would sooner be near the bottom fighting relegation every season than this bullshit" classic
Dutch Schaffaer
63   Posted 27/08/2008 at 14:18:03

At the end of the day Tony?s main points were he didn?t give a fuck about Saterday?s game, he was disappointed when we won because it went against his personal vendetta against Moyes/Kenwright and he would rather see Everton losing and fighting relegation.

Don?t Give a Fuck.
Disappointed By The Win.
Would Rather Fight Relegation.

That about sums up the man. Not the sort of supporter I would want at Goodison.

Personally I care about the games too much, I get nervous and excited before each match , I physically will the team to win and my weekend will either be great (if we win) or shit (if we lose) and I absolutely love finishing 5th and qualifying for Europe... fuck relegation.
Anthony Hughes
64   Posted 27/08/2008 at 14:11:22

Dutch Schaffaer, can you please tell all us without our heads up our arses where we can obtain those fucking rose-coloured spectacles you lovingly look through??
Jay Harris
65   Posted 27/08/2008 at 14:05:10

Tony
as always extremely delivered but factually correct.

All you optomists that point to a 5th place finish need to realise it could have been 4th and our form for the last third of the season was bottom 5 not top 5.

Every year the squad gets smaller and smaller despite the statements emanating from the club that we need to increase squad numbers and quality.

As an aside yes it is good to get youth progressing through the ranks but not the whole fucking youth team at once!!

Also the game has changed dramatically now and the quality in the premiership is light years away from the era of "The Busby Babes" some 50 years ago.

The only chance now for A,yes A not a few,Youth player to go straight into the prem is if he’s exceptional for his age like, and I hate to say it, Rooney or Ronaldo.

Tony is absolutely spot on ...... EFC has been atrociously managed from the boardroom since Kenwright took over.

The theme has been consistent:-

Fantasy,bullshit and lies

No long/medium term planning

Not developing the operational side of the business

Spending money we havent got

Selling off/mortgaging all of our assets

Not spending sufficient time managing problems/opportunities

Unlike Tony I really feel sorry for Moyes(and the team) who has the potential to make us great again but is managing a wobbly jelly handed down to him by Kenwright and then finds himself right in the firing line when things go pearshaped.

Until the last couple of weeks it was not Moyes job to buy players and he,like us, was led to believe there was substantial funds available for "Big" signings and the recent quote of "I have seen the Dvd’s of players DM wants to buy and I go Wow" which together with the now infamous "watch this space" echoed the naive view of Doddy and his cohorts who lap up everything "Blue Bill" has to say.

Well it’s about time for all Evertonians to stand up and tell this man that incompetence, fantasy, bullshit and lies have no place in Everton’s boardroom and if we all took Tony’s aggressive stance we wouldnt be sat here wondering how we can go from challenging for 4th to the laughing stock of the prem.

Ciarán McGlone
66   Posted 27/08/2008 at 11:51:19

"Cant somebody in charge of Toffeeweb do something to shut this moron up? I?m an Everton fan and dont want to hear some fucking idiot bash my beloved club"

This is the polemic to Mr Marsh.... Accept the bullshít and the spin...eyes pointed at the ground, hands in the pockets... kicking at the gravel.

I?d have a hundred Tony Marsh?s over your type any day mate.
Neil Scott
67   Posted 27/08/2008 at 14:16:28

Tony - much of what you say may be true.

I, like you, did wonder if last season may have been as close as we would come. After all, we have no divine right to keep ’kicking on’...

However, at least i had the good sense to enjoy it while it lasted.

Imagine if that was ’it’ and you spent your whole season moaning??!!

You should be bloody gutted man!!

Oh sorry i forgot, you are.
Jim Burns
68   Posted 27/08/2008 at 14:42:21

This is the first time I?ve ever responded on here... prompted by the genuine pain and passion that is clear to see whichever side of the fence you happen to sit ? Tony?s or his critics. I suspect the truth of the matter is that at various times throughout the game at West Brom (particularly for the twenty minutes before we scored our first goal) those of us that were there, may have shared some of his frustration... though not all would have voiced it.

Truth is also that the depths of frustration and anger felt in previous years ? for example, the European ban immediately post-Heysel ? make this current spate of unease a minor trauma. For those of us who may have forgotten what real long term damage to a club means, think back and remember who the real culprits are.... yes, they are still there ? not very far away at all! The link in our current situation and that sordid day are clear to those who are willing to look and remember.

So let's remember the real villains and stop ripping ourselves apart. I doubt if there is a single fan or official who does not care about this club, whatever the individual motivation; to think otherwise is childish.

Open debate is great but there is a danger that it spills over into pointless negativity. Tony, I?ll take this current situation anytime, over any other place we have been since Post Heysel...... not a bad place to be eh?

Keep the faith.
Maurice Hardman
69   Posted 27/08/2008 at 15:13:34

At the PSV game, Kenwright categorically told my sister and her little lad to expect signings in the next week and left her with the comment ’You may be surprised!’
I’ve tried to take this up with the Press Office as it was clearly a deliberate confuscation, only to be told that they are positive the Chairman didn’t say it!
Having to choose between my sister’s veracity and that gobshite really is the ultimate ’no brainer’!
What a dishonorable outfit my Everton has become!
Michael Kenrick
70   Posted 27/08/2008 at 15:27:17

Tony appears periodically to vent his frustrations and point up the inadequacies of our custodians. I have no problem with that.

But in this piece he has crossed a line I don?t recall him crossing before. Writing crap that he clearly does not believe, but pretending he does, presumably to add to the effect of his diatribe. (There?s no doubt a name for this literary instrument, used in the right hands...)

I can respect what Tony writes when I think it?s genuine; in the numerous statements pointed out above, it was clear to me he is no longer being genuine, and that is the point at which I hesitate to grant him an audience with the wider Evertonian fanbase.

Maintaining this website as a focus for all Evertonians who want to express their genuine feelings and thoughts about the club with a reasonable level of intelligence has always been a challenge, and you may have noticed that Lyndon has included in his latest stylistic revamp of the website a Membership Login facility that we will be implementing in the near future. More on that in due course...

(Or should I say... "Watch this space...!!!)
Steve Lyth
71   Posted 27/08/2008 at 15:37:43

Ray Roche, " Would Marsh be saying this if we won the champions league"?
Fuckin laughable, I didn't know you were treading the boards again mate..
Andrew Fearns
72   Posted 27/08/2008 at 16:06:23

Thom Coleman

There was nothing personal just an observation that to the people who "hate Kenwright, those that don?t are brain dead." Not my words but the words of one the posters above, not to mention one of the respondees to a letter in the mailbag suggested that Kenwright should do us a favour and drop down dead. A remark I am ashamed to say (at the time of reading) received no rebuke from either the editors or any other posters (I read it a couple of days later).

If thats not hate I don?t know what is.
David Banner
73   Posted 27/08/2008 at 16:19:05

Message removed. We will not tolerate anyone throwing around this "you're a kopite" shite. Pack it in!
David Edwards
74   Posted 27/08/2008 at 15:50:18

I’m pleasantly surprised by the editorial team’s change of heart regarding Tony Marsh’s views (actually it blows up the theory that TM was a TW ficticious ’agent provocateur’ designed to perk up the forum from time to time)!

Interestingly enough, I had more anger towards his posts during last season where his negativity flew so clearly in the face of the progress we were making on the pitch. I actually felt some of those posts crossed the line, although the editorial board’s cry of ’free speech’ was understandable.

However, whilst obviously not agreeing with the vast majority of what he’s said in this post (as true Evertonian’s you have to care about our club whatever the circumstances, otherwise we’d have all jacked it in during the Johnson years!) - for once I could at least feel the depression and sadness in his soul and almost (but not quite) sympathise with him.

If this summer’s events have turned a naturally optimistic supporter like myself into someone increasingly depressed about our future prospects, you can imagine how it’s affected someone like TM who started from a much lower morale base!

Let’s see what the next few days bring, although I fear September 2nd is going to have some strong views by many fans on the forums.
Denis Richardson
75   Posted 27/08/2008 at 16:50:48

Although not many, there are till 4 days of the transfer window left. Until it is shut tight I won’t wast my time trying to answer such a negative post. Fingers crossed we will get another couple of players in of quality and take it from there. Jacobson has played CL and is a Danish international which must surely (hopefully) be an improvement on Hibbo at least.
John M Hughes
76   Posted 27/08/2008 at 16:50:30

Tony - you wonder why Evertonians put up with it? Just look at the response you have engendered! I can?t beleive some people think we?re in a "good place". Bloody Nora!Sometimes we are our own worst enemy; Kenwright & Co must be laughing their preverbials off. I guess you?re as blue as they come Tony, just a bit too long in the tooth like me. Keep the Faith, son but we don?t have to be happy about it, that?s for sure.
Michael Kenrick
77   Posted 27/08/2008 at 17:36:27

Andrew Fearns

If you have an issue wth something somebody posts, and think the Editors should at least take a look at it, please use the Report Abuse link ? that’s what it’s there for.
Jim Burns
78   Posted 27/08/2008 at 18:42:21

Ron Walker

I think you’ve gone onto the wrong site by mistake.

James Williams
79   Posted 27/08/2008 at 19:13:02

Thats it I have had enough. I have simply had enough. I have had enough of bogus transfer speculation. I have had enough of whining and bleating about lack of money and questions about the clubs direction. I am sick of the "Transferman’s" of their world with their ridiculous lies and I am sick of the RS taunting me.

I say bring the deadline forward. Lets forget all this trash. I have been a season ticket holder for many years and quite frankly I have never felt so unfocused on the actual football. I am exhausted scouring the internet for the slightest scrap of information on whether we will buy somebody or we wont. I am now completely past caring. I think it would certainly be better for everyones mental health if this week was already over.

I am frustrated and disgusted with the fuss that has thus far tainted the season for me and I am guessing I am not the only one. I hope that once more David Moyes and his boys in blue pull it off without the need to sign all these players and I am going to scream my lungs out every saturday until next May. Am I disappointed in the board and our manager? Truth be told I really dont think I am. I find myself more appalled at some Everton fans amongst us whose one-eyed views on where our stadium should be located may well have set EFC back a good few years. Those ringleaders of KEIOC (Keep Everton in Our Coinpurses) all stand something to gain from the club remaining where it is. MONEY. The same pound-signs they say the Everton board are only interested in.

Results speak louder than words.. What has Billy Kenwright done since he took the chair? 4th 5th and 6th in the league? Our pride back... Brought in David Moyes (Bless you davey) Stabilised our club and worked hard to broker a deal to have our club move in the right direction with the new home ground it deserves..

As for KEIOC... Well I am almost tempted to blame you alone for the insanely awful summer we are all suffering from.. Who the hell are you to decide Everton’s fate? Take your oar out of our club business and if you want a vote.. Buy a bloody season ticket and VOTE like the rest of us did. I do believe the vote was in favour of a move and Billy Kenwright acted upon it.

Enough ranting anyways. I am going to try my hardest to concentrate once again on our football. Come that deadline date if we still havent signed anyone else at least the hellish waiting will be over and we can once again begin to appreciate our beautiful game again.

From the heart, come on you blue boys!

In Moyes I trust.

Ray Roche
80   Posted 27/08/2008 at 19:16:51

Steve Lyth

Ahhh...Steve Lyth.....I wondered when you’d be sober enough to respond. The "Champions League" comment contains the word "if"....and referred to Marsh’ constant, whinging attitude, which wouldn’t be improved if we were ever to win anything,never mind the CL.
Get Scott to read it to you properly....
Tobias Brown
81   Posted 27/08/2008 at 19:53:52

Probably not a good idea censoring David Banner’s comment. He might get angry, and we wouldn’t like him when he’s angry...
Neil scott
82   Posted 27/08/2008 at 20:13:18

Tobias i told that one on here yesterday fella. Get with it.

And Dutch if its true that you are "the voice of the club" on here then please pass it on from me that finishing fifth is not what we aspire to at all.

It gains us not one jot more credibility with players or agents. It is worth next to nothing financially and it sure as hell isn’t attracting any investors or buyers.

So if you do report to them then please ask why we didnt buy anyone in January when we had a shrinking squad and a real chance of finishing in a place that means something.
Tom Hughes
83   Posted 27/08/2008 at 20:32:20

James Williams,

In Moyes I also trust. As I do KEIOC. No members of whom have anything to gain financially from EFC remaining in Walton. If you ventured to state similar about EFC or our recently departed CEO (the one you held so much faith in) you may have had a law suit to contest. So, I challenge you to find any single member of aforementioned group..... all EFC season ticket holders and some Shareholders and all "home and awayers" who have any financial interest in keeping EFC in Walton. Otherwise I’d suggest you keep your slander to yourself and/or try to counter their actual stance which has been thoroughly vindicated by the exposure of the littany of lies that supported the vote that they warned everyone about last year, and the collapse into farce of the white elephant that was objected to by every surrounding local council, and that has failed to live up to its billing at every turn. Of course you wont...... because you can’t!!!!
Ian Lloyd
84   Posted 27/08/2008 at 20:58:33

Segundo Castillo. Evertons second signing - OFS - Ecuador international
Steve Lyth
85   Posted 27/08/2008 at 20:56:59

Ray, tell you what mate you aren,t half a terrier on here mate, its a bit like being in the car with you going the game again, happy days indeed.
Leave Marshy alone ya bully
Steve Lyth
86   Posted 27/08/2008 at 21:02:22

Oh and Ray by the way, in my original reply to you I did quote the word IF. Your remarks at the end of your rant are fuckin laughable and I dont need our Scott to re read it , its pretty plain for all to see.
Your obviously missing the reasoned intelligence me and Ellis used to provide you with, when we were sober of course.
Take care my friend
Ed Fitzgerald
87   Posted 27/08/2008 at 20:55:17

James

Your article shows a complete lack of understanding of the motivations of KEIOC as Tom states there is no financial gain to be made by any members of this group, so please disabuse yourself of this notion. Their motivation is intimated by their name i.e. to keep the club in the City it belongs. Names are fairly important hence Everton are named after the district they originated from so I think it?s fairly important for both business and cultural reasons they stay close to this area.
Your trust in the board crumbles under any type of rational analysis, if they had been able to deliver their promises of a world class stadium with appropriate infrastructure even I (as an ardent anti DK person) would have conceded that at least they had delivered the project. But let?s reflect shall we, we are on the verge of an EGM, have thus far purchased one new player as we approach a UEFA cup campaign, our marketing is laughable, our CEO has walked (maybe in light of waving his Kirkby bonus by bye??) and we have a chairman who admits to fans he really hasn?t got too much of clue what?s going on. This is of course combined with a landslide of broken promises and sickening sermons about how much he loves Everton and searches for investment 24/7. I think Tony?s bile towards BK is warranted. Being 4th 5th and 6th is progress from what has gone before, but being 5th was once enough to get the sack.
I?m off to watch the second half of Everton Athletic (a name they wanted but were refused! they also wanted to play in blue and white) hopefully fuck up against Liege and join us the UEFA cup, well I can dream
What?s our Name - Everton
Up the Blues
Alan Ross
88   Posted 27/08/2008 at 20:56:07

If Everton where a puplic listed company with Bill the venerable owning a minority share, would he still be chairman ? Answer honestly now. For those who said yes don’t forget to pick up your white cane on the way out.
larry bird
89   Posted 27/08/2008 at 21:49:50

Any chace Liege are going to grab a late winner??
Harvey Smith
90   Posted 27/08/2008 at 22:19:29

Seriously, I know we’ve got problems but they are up shit creek at the moment. Having said that Arbeloa almost scored with a flukey shot.

I’d love it, just love it, if Gerrard scored an own goal in the last minute....I’d even run naked through the street if that happened!
Harvey Smith
91   Posted 27/08/2008 at 22:31:07

Unbelievable, the 666 has rescued his team yet again...Kuyt with fabulous control (NOT) from his knee.

I’m still looking for that last minute OG from Stevie Me.
Cyril Walne
92   Posted 28/08/2008 at 00:25:04

If everyone stopped reading the media we could focus on the team and not on the lies (told by agents, players, reporters, hangers on). Moyes hasn?t lied, neither has Kenwright as far as I know. You can?t guarantee signings - you can only try and get what is best for the club. If they fail, they fail - you move on.
Spack Nigelman
93   Posted 28/08/2008 at 00:12:50

Angry people. I have no doubt that Moyes and Kenwright have been busting a gut to sign BIG names during the transfer window. The fact is we aren’t an attractive proposition. Players and their agents hold all the power now. Players want the maximum exposure afforded by Champions League games. They want the huge weekly salary so they can put petrol in their Baby Bentley and buy their glory-hunting missus a diamond and prawn sandwich. Yum.
Everton are fortunate that they have a core of talented and devoted players who are proud to pull on the shirt for meagre reward. Listen to yourselves.
David Cornmell
94   Posted 28/08/2008 at 00:14:59

I’m sorry Tony. I’ve read your shi... I mean stuff for years, without complaint. But this...?
Utter shit, and it sounds like the rantings of a precocious five year old. You constantly tell us we’ve reached a new nadir, that if things get any worse you’ll withdraw your support, that truly, this time, the barbarians are at the gates...
Without bothering to reply to your article point by point - because many others here have done that already - may I just draw your attention to one line. "So stop telling us how much you love the club while watching it go down the pan."

Practice what your preach and take up gardening or something. Mean what you say, and say what you mean. Next time you promise to stop caring enough to write, please do just that and fuck off.
Cyril Walne
95   Posted 28/08/2008 at 01:33:04

David - right on... but one thing - what?s precocious about it? It's just a normal 5 year old..
Henry Yeung
96   Posted 28/08/2008 at 02:21:40

Just hope that all these silly loan deals are paving the way for the arrival of Mountinho. Then most Evertonian will forgive BK & DM.
Choe Lee
97   Posted 28/08/2008 at 06:54:38

This is getting quite funny. Who said that we have no money? Who said that we offered 12million for Rivera (what’s his name)?

Why all these building up of frustration over information that has no real integrity as far as the source is concerned? Aren’t they all papertalk?

If any of all these "sources" know what they are talking about, why didn’t anyone throw up the name of our latest signing during the whole transfer window until the official site reported it?

Moyes has stated that the money is there. Common sense tells us that there is money because firstly, we haven’t signed anyone that cost a big amount. Secondly, we have sold some players for quite a sum. Third, we released many players so our wage bill is very small.

Relax a bit, have a laugh and be thankful for the squad we already have.
Dave Wilson
98   Posted 28/08/2008 at 06:34:30

The bile directed at TM is pathetic.
I can't believe this is still going on? You're like sheep in steel toe caps, one takes a kick you all feel compelled to take the same kick.

I seem to remember this guy, being first to come on, hold his hands up and give credit were it was due on the few occasions we actually played some football last season. All that demonstrates to me is the guy is desperate for a glimmer of hope.

His article was emotional, in parts inaccurate, but I prefer a fella with Tony?s passion all day to the bland sheep who?ve got nothing to say themselves.

I spoke to dozens of people at WBA on Saturday who had regreted buying their ticket, ok it turned out to be a good result, but when TM says he didn't feel the same about last Saturday's match, FFS dont try to portray him as the only one.

The way things are going off the pitch has got any blue with half a brain worried.
When did having the honesty to pour out your concerns in an article become such a crime?

BAAAAHHH
Chris Sweeney
99   Posted 28/08/2008 at 07:55:00

*Yawn*
Paul Atress
100   Posted 28/08/2008 at 08:21:57

Dave Wilson the problem is Tony openly admits that he didn?t give a fuck about the game, was disappointed when we won and wants Everton to lose regulary and fight relegation.

How can we forgive that?
Blair Johnson
101   Posted 28/08/2008 at 08:42:22

Spack Nigelman is right... we’re not an attractive destination - due to financial mismanagement. We can’t offer huge wages or transfer fees.... greedy players would rather play for the Newcastle reserves on more money.
M’Bia and Moutinho can piss off... they might spout rubbish about wanting to join us - but their clubs offer them some more wedge and they go quiet.
Moyes knows this - which is why he said we may have to ’settle’ for lesser known signings ... ie. Jacobsen and Castillo - not about to set the world on fire but will bolster the squad.
M’Bia didn’t look that flash at the Olympics - a poor mans Sissoko really.
When Pienaar and Cahill return we’ll be in much better shape... hard to see us fighting on more than two fronts - the Premiership and UEFA Cup will be priorities.... expect early exits due to squad fatigue in the FA and League Cups.
NSNO
Tony Williams
102   Posted 28/08/2008 at 08:43:22

Come on now Dave, are you seriously defending a poster who said he would prefer us fighting relegation than where we are now?

He is a publicity hound and lets be honest he has a winning formula, he rants and moans and tries to cram in as many contraversial statements as he possibly can to get a response and then sits back and laughs at all the responses he gets without replying to a single one of them.

His MO is not a debate but a rant with no replies to anyone.

You say he held his hands up and give credit where it’s due...did you read the article fully?, as he still managed to have a few digs at Moyes.

I have always said I like his posts, they make me chuckle, some truths are there but mostly it is like a petulant child stamping his feet with his mantra, "Moyes is a coward" and if he screams it enough times he believes others will come around to his way of thinking.

Yes he is entertaining rading but inevitably every post is the same doom ridden story of how anything is going to the dogs and how Moyes is so poor etc

As was pointed out many times last season, he was mysteriously absent whn we went through our purple patch. Balance is evrything on here, people no doubt see me as sarcastic and perhaps too optimistic but I can moan with the best of them. Tony just does moaning so it is no surprise that when he posts something, people will automatically think, "Here we go again", I am guilty of that sometimes but usually Tony doesn’t disappoint.

This is a bad time for all Evertonians and I feel low, I will be missing the Pompey game due to a wedding and I find myself not too bothered. I will have missed the first two games now and that is more than I have missed in 5 years but I will never say I prefer to near the bottom fighting relegation or say I couldn’t give a fuck about the club. Fans just don’t do that.
Phil Chappell
103   Posted 28/08/2008 at 08:58:39

Tony....What a manic depressive you are!! Moyes WILL sign a new contract, Bill will step down & fresh investment will come, we will definitely get another bargain tranfer IMWT & a 1 or 2 quality signings. The reds have had to sell to buy. Their new stadium will be shelved {Due to credit crunch} & ours will get passed (I would have preffered the Kings Dock, but not to be)!!! Have a little faith... OBG
EJ Ruane
104   Posted 28/08/2008 at 09:41:58

James Williams, you say..

"Those ringleaders of KEIOC (Keep Everton in Our Coinpurses) all stand something to gain from the club remaining where it is. MONEY. The same pound-signs they say the Everton board are only interested in"

Are you just going to leave that hanging there without explanation (making yourself look a total TWAT!) or are you going to explain to us all how KEIOC is actually a money-making operation?
Jason Lam
105   Posted 28/08/2008 at 10:35:18

David Edwards wrote: "I?m pleasantly surprised by the editorial team?s change of heart regarding Tony Marsh?s views (actually it blows up the theory that TM was a TW ficticious ?agent provocateur? designed to perk up the forum from time to time)!"

I always thought Tony Marsh and John Campbell were ficticious too... in this case tying in with the new-look TW launch.
Paul Atress
106   Posted 28/08/2008 at 11:20:43

Tony Marsh has forever lost all credibility after claiming:-

1. He didn?t give a fuck about the second game of Everton?s new season.

2. He took no joy out of the win because it only served to loosen the noose around Kenwright.

3. He admitted that he longs for the days when Everton were awful and fought relegation.

Anybody who claims they dont give a fuck, want Everton to lose and fight relegation is has no credibility in my book.
David Cornmell
107   Posted 28/08/2008 at 13:23:24

Tony Marsh a provocateur? Funniest thing I?ve heard all day. Why the hell would Lyndon, Michael and co want to spend more of their already limited time creating a character to "stir up debate"?

I assume Dave Wilsons on a piss take - have you read any of Marshys stuff? Pour out his concerns? What, did you think he?d been bottling them up??? {Let it out Tony, let it all out}

My problem isn?t with what Marshy's saying.... well not my main problem, anyway. My problem is with the constant threats, and melodrama in everything he writes. "If things don?t improve, then I, and several thousand others, will be off and we won?t be back." That'd be fine if it was true or even possibly true. In Marshy's case it?s the emptiest of empty threats. Akin to being threatened with a turkey slap by your missus.

I mean, the guy will go to St Petersburg to watch the blues, but wants us to think he won?t be going to Kirkby? Whatever Tony! If they were playing at the bottom of the Atlantic you?d probably be there.

I don?t bother reading Richard Dodd's shite because I?m wasting my time. I know what it?ll say before I read it. And I am now thinking that Tony Marsh is exactly the same...

Jem Bir
108   Posted 28/08/2008 at 14:23:26

Err... hang so is Mr Marsh now going to be banned/censored for having a rant?

Get a grip, he winds me up and get?s me deeply irritated and i shout at the monitor when I read his crap; BUT he does occasionally come up with something insightful (although I?m fucked if I can think of an example off hand).

So don?t ban him - I missed him last time you did.
Bill Goodall
109   Posted 28/08/2008 at 14:22:36

Tony,

I get the impression that you will keep saying the same things over and over again and if on the off chance Everton go down the gurgler and cease to exist you can come out and say you told us so. Well how bout save us all the dribble and just sit back and wait for the (in your opinion) inevitable down fall of one of the oldest clubs in the country. Then, when it does happen, say something old ? like you have been doing for ages.
Dave Wilson
110   Posted 28/08/2008 at 13:54:51

David

it would seem the only person issuing empty threats is your missus, count yourself lucky, I call my missus Pearl Harbour - no fucken warning

You're obviously not taking any notice of national trends, supporters have just about had it with beeing treated as mugs. If things continue the way they are at Everton, "thousands turning away" won't be an "empty threat" ? it?ll be a forgone conclusion.
EJ Ruane
111   Posted 28/08/2008 at 14:47:43

I’ve read a lot of TM’s pieces.

Look forward to them.

Generally find myself agreeing (though I DO have a lot of time for David Moyes).

Seems to me 95% of those here, whining about Tony Marsh, are/were already familiar with his general view on all things Everton.

Given this, here’s a very logical question.

Why did you bleedin’ read his piece?

I can HONESTLY only think of two reasons

1) Because you’re really, REALLY stupid and thought maybe THIS time his message will be "C’MON GUYS! - GET BEHIND BILL AND DAVY!".

2) Because (like a big soft tart) you really REALLY enjoy showing everybody how outraged you can get.

I have a mental picture of people reading Tony’s pieces and pulling the same expression Kenneth Williams used to pull, when accused of having ’a bit of a nibble’ with Matron (Hattie Jacques)

What amuses me is that I just KNOW that many posters here, would have looked at TV’s clean-up campaigner, Mary Whithouse, as a mad old twat who should "switch the telly off if she doesn’t fucking like it".

Exactly!

Chris Oliver
112   Posted 28/08/2008 at 15:42:49

I agree that this club has been and is still being run quite shabbily (if that’s even a word) - but this has been the case since my whole existence (23 years of it)!!! I don’t like to criticise BK, as I believe him to be a true Evertonian, but I cannot accept, and don’t believe BK, in that investors have preferred to take over lesser clubs like Portsmouth, Villa and Man City instead of attempting a take-over of Everton.

I think as Evertonians, we do not know the half of certain situations (i.e. Kirkby, Moyes’ contract, lack of signings etc.) It seems we are the only supporters that only get told this kind of information in an EGM, and even some of that information is shrouded in doubt. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t like to have stories about our club printed in the front of newspapers in England every day regarding boardroom turmoil like the other lot, but there has to be some REAL and TRUE information given to us instead of keeping us in the dark!!!

But then again, who the fuck am I? Maybe keeping us in the dark, and keeping our club out of the reach of the press scum, is the right thing to do - and we should do what us Evertonians are good at, ’suck it and see’.

As for the signings, we have to give them a chance. It’s understandable that they look like desperate attempts to get numbers in as Jacobsen played less games than Tommy Gravesen last season and this Castillo lad is unheard of - but to write them off before they have kicked a ball is wrong (we are not them lot).

As for the quality of the squad, it’s no worse than last seasons. If we are being truthful, Carsley was the only big loss in the Summer and even he is at the end of his career and we had definately outgrown AJ. The only disapointment is how late we have got (and are still to get, in some positions) replacements!!! Maybe Moyes thought we could cope in our opening games before making additions? Maybe he thought Pienaar, Cahill and Vaughan would be in the team by then? (With or without these players, I still fancied our chances against Blackburn, and if it weren’t for our ’unusually poor’ performance in defence, we would have got a result - whether deserved or not!!!)

As for that quote about preffering to battle against relegation - I think inhaling too much ’wacky baccy’ in the winslow before home games has affected your senses. There’s no way anyone would go back to that. We ARE a very stable club than what we were as recent as 5-6 years ago and I would still fancy us to get in the top 6 this season above the likes of Spurs and Pompey. As for our 5th position last season - the old cliche, "the league table tells a tale", could not have been more true last season - we were better than the rest and in my opinion, still are!!!

The only thing we need now to take that next BIG step, is Investment. That is completely down to BK and the board and no-one else!!! Slightly worrying, but let’s have faith - it could be worse, we could have Beevis and Butt-Head in charge like that Norwegian Club!!!
David Cornmell
113   Posted 29/08/2008 at 03:47:17

Dave Wilson - Read some of my other stuff on here mate. Google it. I stopped going years ago, wouldn’t give Kenwright the shit off my shoe.
I had enough, and stopped going until Kenwright was removed. Mean what you say and say what you mean. Marshy has threatened to leave about a thousand times, but never ever does. As a threat, it has zero value.

Paul Joy
114   Posted 29/08/2008 at 09:53:31

Tony
Of course like any blue you are entitled to your opinion and continue to express it on Toffeeweb.
My opinion and clearly the opinion of many is this :-

1] Your views are just the same as last year and you actually contribute zero.

More importantly
2] You talk shite

I have nodded off thinking where to begin in replying to your crap but I realise I would be repeating myself too so I won?t bother.
If you are such an anti blue do what any football fan can do - don?t go. Then you can stop boring us all with the same shite year on year.