FAN ARTICLES

Five More Years FFS

By Tony Marsh :  15/10/2008 :  Comments (47) :
I cant 'belive it if its true, David Moyes ? the man who couldnt win a raffle if he bought all the tickets ? gets another five years at the club. Not only a five-year deal but a massive, ridiculous contract that we can't afford. What the fuck is going on in the pea-sized brain of Bungalow Bill? One 4th place finish buys you a lot these days doesn't it?

Whatever anyone's opinion of David Moyes is, there is no escaping the fact that Moyes is a serial loser. Moyes does not possess the killer instinct that all great mangers have and I doubt he ever will possess it... DM is still making the same basic mistakes now that he was making four years ago and Dithering is still high on the list of the bad habits that Moyes retains.

Many of you no doubt will churn out the same old rubbish defending Darling Dave, ie top 6 finishes and a Carling Cup semi-final. I would counter that by saying this is nowhere near good enough for this club. In real terms, David Moyes has been given more funding for players than any Everton manger since the 1960s and the days of Harry Catterick and John Moores, but he hasn't come anywhere near utilising this money properly.

Howard Kendall Mk 1 didn't get the financial backing Moyes has had and niether did Joe Royle, who won our last trophy. Walter Smith was reduced to signing a washed-up woman beater Geordie alcoholic and a Frenchman more suited to Wash and Go adverts... and yet some of our lot consider Moyes a saviour.

This pre-season's pathetic activity (or lack of) in the transfer market was the final straw for me. The absolute shite football is bad enough to contend with but watching our manger act like a muppet all summer was embarrassing and an insult to all the fans who pay this clown's wages.

I watched the Sporting Lisbon v Basel game a few weeks ago due to a finacial interest I had in it and I couldn't belive how shit Mouthinio was. This is the player Moyes tried so hard to bring to the club all summer. WHY ? I will never know.

This kid Mouthinio is about 5ft-2in wearing stack heels, 6 stone wringing wet, smaller than Pienaar and slower and weaker than Osman. In fact, Mouthinio makes Osman look like Alan Ball. He's a typical Moyes player, though, isn't he: small, slow, and weak. If this was DM's number one priority this summer then bring back Simon Davies is all I can say.

We should all be thankfull that this deal in Portugal fucked up otherwise we would've ended up with a midfield consiting of Pienaar, Osman, Mouthinio and Arteta. How pathetic would that of looked lining up against Chelsea, Portsmouth, Villa etc. A sad reflection of what Moyes is all about.

So what does the future hold for the club and its diehard fans in the next five years? Well, if the past five are anything to go by, then it's more heartbreak and failures and shit football, I am afraid to say.

A leopard can't change its spots and a miserable dinosuaur like Moyes can't change his personality. If all you want from your manager and his team is a negative safety-first approach to the game with plenty of hoofball then this new deal is right up your street. On the other hand, if you are like me and many others out there who want more than this utter garbage then we are fucked. Another 5 years without a win at Anfield? I will take that bet right now.

If there was a buyer out there waiting to to snap up Everton then his bill for buying the club has just shot up £16 million quid because that's what it will cost to get shot of Moyes. No buisness man on the planet would let DM run his football team the way Moyes runs Everton unless of course his name was Bill Kenwright. Now there's a sound buisness brain alright.

As for all you blind mugs out there who think we can do no better than DM and we are lucky to have him, where are all the other clubs waiting to pounce for Dynamo Dave's services?I haven't heard of a single one who wants him apart from us soft twats.

The reason Moyes has now signed on the dotted line is that no-one else is daft enough to touch him. There is nowhere else for him to go so we get lumbered with Hoofball for another billion years. God it makes me sick to the stomach the direction this club is headed.

Nil Satis is dead and buried. All that's left now is for Kirkby to get the nod and we are well and truely down the shitter. A 55,000-seater stadium ? don't make me fucking laugh. The way things are going we couldn't fill a phone box.

See you at Arsenal? I don't think so, it's now the beginning of the end for me and my kind. I can't take any more and I won't be sponking any more dough watching David Moyes and his bulging eye balls. Leave that to the Dodds of this world...

Reader Comments

Enzo Montagnino
1   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:13:01

You are living in a dream world mate. Its not the mid-80’s anymore and its not just us v liverpool. We fell a long way under the managers you mentioned and Moyes is bringing us back.
You really need to be more realistic. Man Utd spent over £60 million on squad players last summer we simply dont have the money to do that!

Get off his back!
Graham Holliday
2   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:21:23

I really don’t approve of the hoofball that has typified periods of Moyes’ reign. As such, I can’t say I’m ecstatic about this piece of news.

However, your berating of Moyes for wanting to sign Moutinho is absolute madness.

Moutinho is a fantastic footballer and a midfield consisting of him, Pienaar and Arteta is mouth-watering.

Pull yourself together man.
John Boden
3   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:29:45

Tony could not agree more with your sentiments, the ?football? is shite at best and this clown only reacts to adversity. I.M.O. he is clueless and inept in every department and I cannot believe the support this knobhead gets. I can only assume the Moyes supporters are somewhat younger than me and never witnessed the 60s and 80s teams cos if they are happy with the ?shite? this prick dishes up then heaven help us.

My only saving grace is that I?m exiled and after each game I can ?get ot of town? so to speak and I don't have to speak to the RS gobshites (contradicting myself as live in London and full of RS and Utd!).

Andy Macrae
4   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:28:37

You really are a bitter person.

I find it hard to believe that people slag Moyes off so much, when they have no knowledge of football (you have just demonstrated your lack by slagging off Moutinho - its not his size, its his ability that makes him a good footballer ).

I hate the hoofball. But i like the progress we have made over the last few seasons. We continually get praised for our slow & steady approach when teams like Newcastle demand instant results & continually fail. Please dont try to say that we havent made progress!!!

Surely you cant argue with the quality of the squad now, compared to the one he inherited! Apart from the couple who have came through the ranks, Moyes has bought them all. Sure there have been a couple of duds - but show me a manager who hasnt made a bad signing...

Sean Kearns
5   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:35:07

Is it possible that Tony Marsh is actually David Moyes, and he just comes on here and writes this nonsense so that we’ll all jump to his defence and he can have a nice ego boost? No real person could be this unrealistically, unrelentingly negative?
Davie Moyes
6   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:43:27

Just read your article tony and i would just like to say thanks for your continued support!
Ciarán McGlone
7   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:39:41

What we have paid 17mill for, is a manager who can’t tell (after 3 years of observation) that Phil Neville is a shít footballer and cannot be considered, by any stretch of the imagination - a midfielder!

Here’s another angle - people suggest this 17mill is far too expensive an option for the club...but I would suggest that this in fact represents the cheapest option for Kenwright and Co.

Imagine the money we will save on transfers - Kenwright knows that Moyes placates his every dasdardly move - and will continue to do so even if he repeats this summers farce of making absolutely no money available (bar the money from sales) for transfers...

So, is it an expensive option?

I’d say it’s pretty cheap for Kenwright and co!

CHEAP AS CHIPS!

look at the bigger picture and all that bóllocks.
Ralph Wetzels
8   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:39:59

I have to agree with Tony, Graham. A midfield containing Arteta, Pienaar, Osman and Moutinho would be too lightweight. Fellaini hasn’t impressed me so far, but he’s still only 20 years of age. He commits an awful lot of stupid fouls and collects silly yellow cards. He will improve though, at least I hope so.
But another five years of Moyes and his brand of football is just unbareable.
Dave Lynch
9   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:00:26

Have to agree Tony.
See my mailbag posting under. Gutted. For back up.
Brian Waring
10   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:08:49

5 more years of winning zilch, yesterday for me, was a bad day to be an Evertonian.
David Mathieson
11   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:53:15

I can stand the Everton fans who love Moyes, he must reflect them, moaning about being a loser while blaming everyone else for it, instead of doing something about their own failings, they choose to ignore them, come on you know the type? Tony Marsh, I have a lot of respect for you, people like you try to keep us from Kirkby and Moyes.

How can a manger dither all summer spend £15 million on one player, get us out of Europe and the League Cup with no home wins to boot, yet he gets a contract on £3 million a year.

If any Moyes lovers want to argue with me how great he is, I have no interest in discussion of this matter! I believe Moyes is a defensive long-ball merchant who has no bottle and is inept in buying midfielders the most important postion on the pitch. If he was really great, as a Everton fan I would love him and I do not, I am not alone either.

David London
12   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:02:37

The trouble is, Tony, you just rant; no real answers from you. The "old good days" where (according to you) we were dominant are long gone. I too want more from DM and the team, but realise it is tough to do so.

We have no money compared to the big 4 and many others. This is due to 15 years of bad managment of EFC. Many are ahead of us and will be for a long time unless a billionare buys us. When that happens, I think you will be on ToffeeWeb complaining about other problems.

John McFarlane [Senior]
13   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:19:47

Tony Marsh, you state "it?s now the beginning of the end for me, and my kind". If only this was true. I fear that this site will continue to accept and publish your vitriolic opinions, and your personal attacks on anyone who has an opposing view, which is made worse by the gutter language that you use, purely for the controversial nature of your comments.

I have always respected an individual's right to express an opinion on any subject, but that right I believe, has to be expressed in an acceptable manner. I suspect that there are many visitors to this site [if you like, "me and my kind"] who find your contributions offensive.

In all my years of supporting Everton I have never encountered a "Supporter " with such a negative and hateful attitude. There have been Managers, players, and club officials over the years, who have been disliked for a variety of reasons, but I can?t recall any of them being subjected to the abuse that "you and your kind" level at the current regime.

You undoubtedly possess a passion, but it can hardly be described as a love for Everton FC.

In closing I would ask, what gives you most pleasure these days, an Everton victory or an Everton defeat?

True Blue
14   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:14:39

Speaking of pea sized brains, have you no memory of what it was like before Moyes. The man has worked wonders with far less money than some clubs who consistently finish below us.
David London
15   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:17:59

From the guardian last week.
Everton’s need is pressing. The board was forced to guarantee debts on a 12-month trading deficit of up to £10m after the club overspent by more than £13m last year. In the past 12 months they have mortgaged yet more of their future with two loans from the boutique Edinburgh bank Adam & Company. But Kenwright admits that the foul financial winds buffeting the markets have hit his club’s credit lines. "We know what’s going on at the moment in the world, the banks are tighter than they’ve ever been," he said.
Richard Harris
16   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:03:47

To be honest, I’m dreading Saturday at the Emirates. I’ll enjoy the meeting with old and new friends and being there to see the team (it’s a lifelong habit !) but the quality on offer is hardly inspiring. Will another 5 years of David Moyes herald a new dawn ? (there have been many false dawns over the years !) At least, as a football purist, I can enjoy Arsenal’s style of play. If only, we could play more like them.....
Vinny Garstrokes
17   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:21:55

I have had mixed feelings over DM these past few months, but I can honestly say I punched the air yesterday evening when I heard the news on 5 live. Maybe that says more about me !!!
Ron Hill
18   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:28:53

I can see where you’re coming from Tony but I’m not having that Wally Smith had no money, I seem to remember a couple of £20 million summer splurges. The fact that he signed dross reflects more on his lack of ability as a football manager than any idea of financial constraint, which he liked to foster. Dare I say that Moyes has taken a leaf out of his book this season!
David Holroyd
19   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:14:36

Tony Marsh is right, bad day for Everton. Before people write in, think back to the last two years how many good games have we seen you can count them on two hands. How many times has he messed up substitutions? Last season, 70% of goals were let in in the second half... How many times have we sighed when we see the players pass to the other side. YOU'VE got to ask what does Moyes do at training? He has bought all the players now and what do we see for our money? Five good games a year.
Ciarán McGlone
20   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:32:31

John McFarlane,

Accepting peoples right to express an opinion is an absolute...either you do or you don’t - your wishy washy caveat about the form of that opinion only concludes that you do not accept other people’s right to an opinion.

EJ Ruane
21   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:47:49

More or less agree with everything there Tony.

For years, the ?running? of Everton Football Club has been a case of Stevie Wonder leading Ray Charles.

The only leeway I would give those who think Moyes IS ?the future?, is that many of them (nb: I?m guessing!) are 35 and under and the only Everton they have known (seen) have been at best, really average.

And at worst totally shite.

And if you?ve only known really average/shite, anything ever-so-sightly better probably has huge appeal.

It?s understandable, but IS born out of ignorance.

I heard some old wool comic on Radio 7 saying "Well we never knew we wuz poor coz everyone were laahk that".

Understandable....but born of an ignorance of something better.

Fact, I don?t know anyone of my age-group (ie: very close to 50) who raves about Moyes and most think we could do better if (BIG IF!!) we had someone in charge who was not....well, not Kenwright.

I supported Moyes the first three years or so, more or less without reservation.

Argued a lot with one particular mate, who I believed was not giving him enough time.

After the Spurs home game last year, my support for DM just seem to ebb away by the week.

As for the Bobby Robson story - WTF!!??
Si Kirwan
22   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:34:17

Thank fuck not everyone is as deluded as Tony Marsh. As soon as we pull ourselves together, you'll be licking Moyes's arse again. Pathetic. Withdraw your much needed support when the going gets tough. So sad.
Ajay Timothy
23   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:40:58

Tony - Glad to hear that you will not be posting anymore. It has been entertaining listening to your drivel especially when you offer no other possible solutions. See ya. Everton has no time for bit part, support you only when you are doing well, supporters like yourself anyway. Last note - stop bringing up the Catterick years. Football has moved on considerably since then and so should you.
Ger McNally
24   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:44:35

john boden - how can you call Moyes a clown!?!?!?

Do you know how far we come under him while spending a fraction of those clubs around us.

Ask yourself why the likes of Newcastle, villa, spurs and city all outspend us yet under moyes we consistently finish above them. It’s not just luck because we don’t get any of that, it’s down to moyes, the players he brings in and the tactics he uses.

"he is clueless and inept in every department and i cannot believe the support this knobhead gets" what is that about???? Moyes got us to finish 5th last year, what do you expect him to do? win the league???? why should we finish ahead of liverpool who are paying out 100’s of millions more than us in wages and transfer fees, not to mention the teams below us that we did finish above.

"Knobhead" ????? God knows what you would call him if the worst ever did happen and he got us relegated (relax, that will never happen)
EJ Ruane
25   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:51:42

Ajay, can you explain ’moved on’.

I always thought it meant kind of ’got better’ rather than ’become loads shittier’.

I was obviously way off.
Bill Hawker
26   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:58:31

Saw the title and that?s exactly what I thought...

...about having to put up with Tony?s incessant complaining about one David Moyes.

Chris Lawlor
27   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:45:12

The style of football can be quite good at times. We play fast flowing attacking moves and all is well. Then we have those off days where its like watching the under 11?s in the local park. Moyes has brought good times (of sorts) back to Everton.

For those of you (EJ Ruane) who belittle those of us (I?m 31) who are too young to remember the 50?s., 60?s etc, I would ask you to live more in the current climate. Who at present is a better choice than Moyes, where will we suddenly get the millions to compete at the top and finally how in gods name do we move forward as a club when so many of our supporters such as yourselves are rooted with distant memories of better days.

David Moyes is here for another 5 seasons, he is not the best manager in the world but by no means the worst. I am confident we will have a more solid future with him in charge and his signings maturing into a solid coherant outfit. See you on Saturday Blues.

Mark Hill
28   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:43:44

So he has finally signed his contract, and what do we hear? Moans and groans, about time, or am gutted.... don't want him.... great.... I could go on...

Work back 5 or 6 years, who would have got then, what would they have done differently, and perhaps more importantly, would they still be here at the club?

For good or bad DM has done a pretty good job, not great, but good, he has made mistakes, and has his critics in terms of style of play and tactics against the better teams in our division. But the team he inhereted to the team we have now, couldn't be farther apart. That's in terms of quality and ability, never mind the age difference! If we had kept on with Wally my personel oppinion is that Everton would have gone into meltdown, with relegation and disaster looming.

Now I am not saying DM is our saviour or he's a messiah or anything like that. He is a manager with, still, potential, and has moulded a team within the limits of what he has had available. Yes I know there are other managers out there who have bought better and cheaper. Let's use Arsenal as an example, some of their boys are a joy to watch, I bet there are envious eyes the world over, but their position when Arsene took over to ours were miles different. We were a mess when DM took over, Arsenal were not, they had foundations to build and an experienced manager with which to do it. I am not saying everything DM does is right, far from it, but he makes more right decisions than wrong.

Essentially what I am saying is, given time, we might just be onto something here. We could be in a lot worse position than we are. I am chuffed we can call ourselves a top eight team, which isn't something we could say 6 years ago. So please let's support the guys on the pitch and off it. So come on, DM is the man to take us forward.....

Richard Dodd
29   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:46:26

One of the happiest days in my life! Of course,I always knew that Davey would sign on again and told everybody as often as I could.But still there were doubters.Now they all know that the man’s heart and soul is in Everton FC-just like that of his Chairman. Together they make a truly formidable team and few of us have any doubts that together they will restore Everton to the very top of the pile. If,unfortunately,that means Bill welcoming a new, more wealthy owner,I am sure he will ensure that the foundations he has laid so well are faithfully maintained.
I know Marshy likes to get us all going but I am sure that underneath all that bile is a grudging admiration for two men who have stuck to their guns and have always done their very best for the cause.We are indeed blessed.
Graham Brandwood
30   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:01:16

Tony I really think you have lost the plot. Just who do you think could have done a better job over the last 6 years. Come on give us your list of names so that we can all laugh at you a little longer.
Tony Marsh
31   Posted 15/10/2008 at 16:57:59

Agay Timothy I never said I wasn't posting again ? I said I wasn't sponking anymore dough following Moyes around the country. Big difference there, don't you think? Like all Moyes lovers, you twist the truth to suit yourselves. Grow a spine, lad and be a man. Accept what hits you in the face before it is too late. We can all hide under the blankets and pretend it will all go away but it won't. Moyes will still be our manager now even if he takes us down this season.How can that be right?

Offensive material removed: Don't insult other Evertonians on this forum please. ? The Editor

Ben Jones
32   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:03:18

Lol, I think his articles are quite entertaining. Makes me laugh every time I read them... because I dont think I have ever seen an Everton fan (so he says) be so, so, so negative.

Lol hilarious, carry on Tony, carry on writing negative articles. I can't wait for the next one!
Nelly Blythe
33   Posted 15/10/2008 at 15:59:58

Andy MacCrae.... to suggest anyone who slags of Moyes knows nothing about football is an absolute insult to many of the contributors on this site and shows how small-minded and devoid of knowledge you are yourself my friend....

I have played the game at a pretty high level in my younger days. I actually played for our beloved Blues for six years in the late 70s/ early 80s, playing alongside many of the heros who where responsible for those glory days (before injury cruelly robbed me of a professional career). During my time as a player I was pretty successful and I have the TROPHIES and MEDALS to prove it.

I now coach a very successful junior team who also win trophies and the majority of their games. Our tactics are based on the passing and move & keep the ball type of game.... y?now, the kind of game that gets you in behind defences and has the opposition under pressure in their own half etc... y?know where I?m coming from.

All this entitles me to think I know a little about the game because all of my teams as both a player and a coach are WINNERS!!

I fully agree with Tony?s sentiments about Moyes so according to you I must be clueless!! At no time have I ever been subject to or instructed my players to play HOOFBALL !!... unlike your beloved Moyes... D?ya know why??? Because it doesn?t fuckin work that?s why...!!

All of you Moyes hero-worshippers are so easily pleased... 4th, 5th, 6th in the league, cup semi-final, last 16 in Uefa.. How many medals do you get for that...??

In my book that constituutes FAILURE and nothing else !!.. .except if you accept mediocrity as success as many of you Moyes lovers must obviously do!!

Above all else the type of football advocated by Moyes is absolutely atrocious... hoof it as high and as hard as you can to nobody in particular and HOPE you get a flick on which MIGHT lead to a chance on goal... FFS when will you people wake up!!

He has bottled and subsequently lost every big game he?s ever been involved with as a Manager and that includes his time at Preston... Yes he got them to the play-offs on more than one occasion but he never fuckin won one did he...!!

Many years ago I was told little phrase that has stayed with me over the years and is something I now pass on to the players I coach...

"Second place is the FIRST loser..." so god knows what 4th, 5th, 6th etc are... all of you would do well to remember that.

Apparently he wants to create a dynasty like Ferguson... If that happens I?ll show my arse in the middle of Goodison or wherever it is we happen to be playing at that time!!

5 more years of HOOFBALL. OH MY GOD!!

Brian Waring
34   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:14:49

Yeah Doddy, his heart and soul are in the club, along with a wedge of £17m+ wages. I wonder if we will ever find out the reason why it took him so long to sign? Was it down to BK, or was Moyes just being your typical greedy bastard?
Charlie Dixon
35   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:09:01

John McFarlane is bang on! Marsh, your a divvy. Being only 23, i?ve only truly witnessed the ugly times supporting this great club (bar the cup final). Thanks to Moyes (not Kenwright), I have visited the blues in Europe and watched us challenge and once beat the shite in the league standings. This may not be the highest standards or ambitions for such a big club, but for fans like myself it?s a relief to not have to count on Graham Stuart or Gareth Farrelly to save us from the shit.

I hope you hold to your word and will now shut it and let us real supporters get behind this team in the hope that under Moyes, the club will become great once again.

Mike Iddon
36   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:11:54

Boring, boring same old..... I think Mr Marsh is secretly delighted as it gives him the opportunity for 5 years more worth of rants & his name on the web on a regular basis. Get over it man, do you really think yours or my views count for anything?
Brian Waring
37   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:19:58

Ben Jones, I don?t know whether you go to the game? Because if you find Tony?s negativity hilarious, you must be in stitches watching Moyes...
EJ Ruane
38   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:24:35

Chris Lawler, I did not ’belittle’ anyone.

I (VERY) simply explained why younger Evertonians might be more receptive to DM than older blues.

I can’t figure out if you can’t follow a simple argument, you just enjoy the role of martyr.

Either way, you belittle yourself.

PS: Can people please stop talking about ’moving on’ and/or ’moving foward’. It is Sky-speak and means precisely nothing.
Tony Marsh
39   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:23:59

Charlie Dixon, don't talk to me about "real fans". I was hitch hiking around the country watching Everton when I was 13 years of age without enough money in my pocket to buy a cup of tea. I begged stole and borrowed to get to the game in those days. You would've shit yourself going to places like the old Millwall ground, The Den ? Cold Blow Lane in the 80s lad. Elland Road, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge where all like battle gorunds in those days and we had to fight for our lives just to get home in one piece.

I have watched Everton in person lose 3 cup finals and 2 FA Cup semis to the RS and it broke my heart. I have travelled all over the world watching the Blues and have been there done it and done it again. So call me what you want but dont make a fool of yourself lad. You will never get close to me when it comes to the Everton experience.
Michael Dawson
40   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:16:13

Tony, I imagine you’ve been sitting at home for a good few weeks now, just waiting for your chance to submit this article.

I can’t get my head around why you’re slating Moyes by highlighting the deficiencies of a player we ended up not signing.

I’m one of those who was delighted with fifth place last year. Do you honestly believe we could have done better under any other manager? It’s been a shit summer and a nightmare start to the season but that’s no reason for a knee-jerk reaction. Moyes is still the best man for the job.

With his last post I think Richard Dodd has finally confirmed my suspicions that he’s always been on the wind-up. Either that or he is truly the most pathetic of sycophants...
Dean Adams
41   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:29:23

Nelly Blythe

Hoofball gets you nowhere!!
So does your blatent attempt to put our club down. If indeed the accusation is true, which is not the subject of too much debate, it was better than 15 other clubs in the Premier League last year and obviously 14 when we finished 6th etc.

You may well be a pure wonder at grass roots but you trashed your own arguement with your purile Tony Marsh arse licking. David Moyes has been building a team which he is trying to turn into a squad. This will continue and we all hope that it will bring better style and greater results. This takes time and in many cases lots of money, you are also working against moving targets as other clubs spend massive amounts each year.

Michael Kenrick
42   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:45:07

Okay, that’s quite enough stupid dick-waving, Tony. If you can’t defend your position without this childish nonsense about being a better Evertonian, I’m terminating the thread. Discuss the issues, not how big your Blue Balls are, please.
John McFarlane Snr
43   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:39:04

Ciaran McGlone, I must take issue with you on your assumption that I do not respect the opinions of others, I certainly do. What I find offensive is the language used to express such opinions.
I am mindful of the fact that this site is visited by people of both sexes and all ages, and therefore I am careful in the manner in which I submit any material. The post with no content at all, bearing my name, was submitted in error.
I trust you will accept the sincerity of this missive.
Steve Guy
44   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:37:54

Come on Tony, you must surely be delighted DM signed up as you can now rant and rage for the foreseeable future! I presume that, being consistent, you are equally anti the team and the manager when you spend your dosh travelling the country to watch the Blues? In which case, your promise not to spend anymore in this way will come as great news to those who have previously had to sit next to you and listen to this one-sided drivel as they try and support the team; something you clearly don?t do based on what you write. You wear Everton?s colours like an Albatross round your neck, almost like a necessary evil, rather than something to enjoy. Your refusal to accept other views as having validity does you no credit. Unfortunately, your latest "contribution" is all too predictable.
Karl Masters
45   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:38:57

I am still pro-Moyes, but like a lot of Evertonians I have been appalled by the ridiculous goings on in the Summer, which have led to a far from ideal start.

I don’t always like the style of play, but on the other hand it’s often good to watch when the players’ confidence is up and nobody can say we did not score some fantastic goals last season.

My suspicicion of Moyes is that he’s primarily a cautious coach. Of course, there is a time for caution and a time for throwing it to the wind. Davey needs to learn to exercise better judgement on this, that’s all.

Only a fool would say we have made no progress in 6 years. On that basis, Tony Marsh’s rant is utter shite - one extreme end of the spectrum of opinion. The other end of it is the Richard Dodd angle. Again, utter rose tinted shite in my opinion.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, but for now Everton need some wins and the good football will then return. I believe that around 70% of Evertonians feel the same with roughly 30% sharing either the wildly pessimistic or optimistic views of Marsh or Dodd.
Dermot Dinan
46   Posted 15/10/2008 at 17:04:10

A casual visitor to this site could be forgiven for thinking that Tony Marsh is a lone voice railing against a tsunami of support for Moyes. Clearly this is not the case as there are are plenty of us who can see that how the players perform on the pitch is the sole responsibility of the manager.

There is a delicious irony to the ?realists? who accuse Marshy of relentless negativity when, by general consensus throughout this site, this is the brand of football so favoured by Moyes who now, it seems, has been given free reign to foist on us for another 5 years.

How realistic, in the current economic climate may I ask, is it to pay £17+ million to a man who has consistently failed to deliver at the bottom line?

"Football has moved on," I hear it said, well someone better tell Davey boy because he?s been repeating the same errors (transfers, tactics, substitutions, big game bottle by-pass etc.) for 6½ years now.

The most vocal of TM denigrators repeat the same mantra, ie, "Who else are you gonna get then ? ... Go on who? who? .. there?s no-one else who could do a better job!"

Really? Well I would just point out that as a supporter, it is not my fucking job to scour the rest of Europe or the world for that matter to come up with alternatives to our management team!

What concerns me most is the fact that rather like the transfer non-events this year, the board seems to have given up on even considering a replacement for Moyes.

Why? Is his record so great that the way we play is not now a factor? Do EFC consider comparative safety in the PL enough? How strategically do we plan to ever win another trophy or is that too much to ask these days? Is that "unrealistic" ?

Oh ! and to Ger McNally ? relegation? "relax that will never happen" ....

Well, here?s a newsflash.... Everton are currently 15/1 on Betfair for relegation this season having been 130/1 before a ball was kicked. I?d like to think it goes without saying but this is not something I want to even consider, nevertheless, I thought it appropriate Ger, to mention how others see us right now.

Which brings us neatly to ?The season hasn?t started yet ... Give him a chance? brigade. It has ,he has been and we are leaking goals against inferior opposition. There was a time, not that long ago and under David Moyes, when Everton were feared as a team that wouldn?t give up, fought right to the end etc. That?s a distant memory now I?m afraid.

So, while I envy you all your optimism and calls for support, I cannot deny what I see with my own eyes.

It?s a shame that this must be interpreted as negativity but have it your own way. The glass has not only been less than half-empty since Fiorentina, it is down to the dregs and the ?Last Chance Saloon? has had a 5-year extension instead of calling time on Davey boy.

Trouble is, some of us are broke, pissed and tired of the same old same old.

Ged Simpson
47   Posted 17/10/2008 at 07:56:54

Apologies for this but I need to place this somewhere on our site.

Moyes has signed. Tony Marsh has been sectioned.

I am so made up !

Sorry..... I won?t place inappropriate and childish comments again.