Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

The new away kit :(

Here is what might be the disgusting away kit:

I was horrified. I would much prefer the hot pink breast awareness kit that we had a few years ago. If it is pink may it be hot and not salmon. What are everyone's opinions?
David Moore, Sydney, Australia     Posted 24/05/2010 at 03:42:43

Comments

Paul Maguire
1   Posted 24/05/2010 at 05:56:08

It's great – we all knew it was going to be pink. So what — as long as it ain't red.
David Algie
2   Posted 24/05/2010 at 07:15:48

Bloody Horrific!

I would be gutted if I had to go another year not buying our kit because it is a pink monstrosity!
Martin Clark
3   Posted 24/05/2010 at 07:15:41

There's always the home shirt to wear!

I like last season's away strip and not the home one so much but have both anyway. But can't imagine myself getting this shirt!
Graham Smallwood
4   Posted 24/05/2010 at 08:06:15

Last season's black and pink number wasn't that bad — this is horrendous, have we sent one to Mountinho to get his opinion?
Jason Lam
5   Posted 24/05/2010 at 08:09:02

Why the fuck do we do this to ourselves? No seriously, why?
David Ogden
6   Posted 24/05/2010 at 08:12:32

I think I've actually gone blind.
Paul Maguire
7   Posted 24/05/2010 at 08:17:46

As I say, I don't mind it — vive la difference an' all that.

My main concern is being lumbered with Le Coq. Average at best designs. One more year with Umbro may have seen the classy new tailored kits. Spose it's better than the lot Wolves and Birmingham have gone with. The best kit home or away we had in years was the 02-03 Puma tight fitting home kit.

Elgin Joshua
8   Posted 24/05/2010 at 08:47:58

Looks boring too. I mean how difficult can it be sprucing up the layout and design. It looks shoody work me thinks.
Matthew Mackey
9   Posted 24/05/2010 at 09:17:59

That is fuckin' horrible!
Alex Kociuba
10   Posted 24/05/2010 at 09:15:06

It's ugly and unimaginative; however, there looks to be some pixelation/colour distortion around the Chang logo which makes me think this could possibly be fake.
Alan Mullally
11   Posted 24/05/2010 at 09:28:56

Get rid of Le Coq Sportif!!! How are we ever going to sell shirts if they keep producing this muck? The home jersey was bad enough but this is just scandalous.

Why can't a supposed big club like ours get a contract with Addidas or Nike... at the very least Puma or Umbro?? All I can say is, I hope to fuck this is a fake!!!

David Hallwood
12   Posted 24/05/2010 at 09:40:29

Le French Chic? Non! Merde!
Tamhas Woods
13   Posted 24/05/2010 at 09:51:38

That's horrible! Reminds me of the Wigan away kit last season, the one in which they got all those tonkings.
Shaun Brennan
14   Posted 24/05/2010 at 09:57:11

Doddy loves it.
Eric Myles
15   Posted 24/05/2010 at 10:08:59

Is it supposed to be another retro kit from our 1890-91 season?
Tony Parsons
16   Posted 24/05/2010 at 10:14:33

Terrible kit. Someone from Le Coq is taking the piss out of us.
David McKitt
17   Posted 24/05/2010 at 10:46:17

Have to agree with Paul Maguire #7, I loved the Puma tight fitting home kit... just about still fits me.
Tony J Williams
18   Posted 24/05/2010 at 10:44:54

Looks quite dodgy but as with most tops, it may look better on an in real life.

It may be fake, too; as someone has pointed out, the Chang logo has is distorted around the edges... photoshopped perhaps?
Mike Green
19   Posted 24/05/2010 at 11:35:55

Looks more like a sample / fake to me, the neck's not right surely. This might be pretty close to the real thing when it emerges but I don't think this is it.
Wilson Tan
20   Posted 24/05/2010 at 11:49:26

This is so fugly; I think it may well be real. Seriously, I think we could well win a number of games with this kit. Imagine, the home team rolling on the field in fits of laughter...
Aiden Jones
21   Posted 24/05/2010 at 12:19:19

this picture is lifted off eBay where someone is trying to flog this shirt as the new kit. Hope it is a con.
Brendan O'Doherty
22   Posted 24/05/2010 at 12:28:01

Tell me this is a wind up...
Anthony Hawkins
23   Posted 24/05/2010 at 12:28:51

I absolutely refuse to believe that is a real kit. I was disappointed with this season's offerings and looking forward to getting the 2010-11 home kit so I hope they make it a good one otherwise it will be two seasons without it.

Come on Le Coqué!!

My last two kits were Umbro's and it may be again at this rate.
Michael Lynch
24   Posted 24/05/2010 at 12:43:27

There is no way that can be our new away strip. If it is and Everton have agreed for that to be the design then the marketing department is a complete shambles. Who in the right frame of mind would agree to a design like that? The colour doesnt bother me so much (I'm not saying it's nice) but the styling is hideous.
Dave Lynch
25   Posted 24/05/2010 at 12:53:25

That's a goalie's shirt. All goalie's shirts look different to the rest of the team's.

ps: If I was Tim Howard, I would ask for a transfer if forced to wear that.

Roger Trenwith
26   Posted 24/05/2010 at 12:56:25

It might be cos it's a poor quality pic, but it looks red rather than pink to me. We CANNOT play in red, ffs!

I actually quite lliked the black/pink number from this season — why change so drastically?

Christopher McCullough
27   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:25:44

Fuckin' shite, that one.
James Marshall
28   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:40:12

Looks like a training top to me.

I couldn't care less what colour we play in, in away games. In fact, I really liked the black & pink one last year.
James Marshall
29   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:41:45

Oh and for the record, blue for a boy and pink for a girl is a relaitvely new concept.

Pink was considered the traditional colour for boys and blue for girls in the 19th century.

Part of the reason why blue was seen as the traditional colour for GIRLS is because the Virgin Mary is dressed in blue.

So maybe its US who are the girlies!
Christopher McCullough
30   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:46:37

Interesting, James. I love a bit of trivia.
James Marshall
31   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:49:02

Well in that case, Chris - did you know that the term boy is also pretty new. Back in the 16th century, boys were known as 'knave girls' and girls were known as 'gay girls'

The term 'boy' was used to refer to servants and not to children at all.

The plot thickens........eh boys!
Christopher McCullough
32   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:55:31

I never thought I would discuss the subversion of gender binaries on Toffeeweb.... lol!

Still think that kit looks shite though.
Steven Connor
33   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:55:49

This is clearly a wind up... Someone has bought a cheap woman's blouse from Primark (look at the state of the neck... even Davie Unsworth would have trouble filling that out) and printed the Everton badge, sponsors name etc on the front. and then taken a photo of it in the house.

Unless of course Le Coq Sportif head office resembles the upstairs bedroom of terraced house...

Then again!?
James Marshall
34   Posted 24/05/2010 at 14:02:20

Sorry, I'll shut up now! It's surely not going to be our away kit — it really does look like a training top.

I reckon it's a white training top that someones dyed pink for a wind-up.
Ste Traverse
35   Posted 24/05/2010 at 13:59:52

Yet another crap shirt. That monstrosity is worse than Le Coq Sportif's 'Lineker bib' of 85-86.

Sack this crappy firm.
Christopher McCullough
36   Posted 24/05/2010 at 14:06:15

Cheers, James. I'll use some of those facts to make myself look smart in a conversation some time I'm sure.
Nick Parker
37   Posted 24/05/2010 at 14:11:55

Shocking in so many ways and not sure Cahill and Rodders would have signed so early if they knew they would be mincing around in this next season.
James Marshall
38   Posted 24/05/2010 at 14:17:47

Try calling Stade Francais players, mincers!
Mark Dawson
39   Posted 24/05/2010 at 14:23:52

Looks like a gay dressing gown.
Mike Allison
40   Posted 24/05/2010 at 16:06:56

I like it, I've always had dubious taste. What's wrong with pink? Cos it's a girl's colour? Fucking grow up.

I like the point about Stade Francais as well, also mention Palermo, spiritual home of the Sicilian mafia, their team wears pink.

Technically I still object, because I think our away kit should be amber, which it hasn't been for as long as I can remember, but I don't object because it's a loud or a girl's colour.
Charlie Percival
41   Posted 24/05/2010 at 16:22:17

Dave Lynch (25) is spot on. This is Tim Howards issue more than anybody elses.

Its an obvious Keepers Jersey.

Even if it isnt. If pinks good enough for Barcelona, its good enough for me
Phil Martin
42   Posted 24/05/2010 at 16:53:01

@ Mike Allison - you big girl!

Anyway, think BK has had a hand in these designs? I'm hoping for a plain Royal Blue home shirt..... with brown flecks.
James Stewart
43   Posted 24/05/2010 at 17:08:35

Disgusting. I would not be seen dead in that but then I like to think of myself as quite stylish. Obviously the people behind these kits don't give fuck about design.
Mike Allison
44   Posted 24/05/2010 at 17:55:04

Phil, that's what everyone says when I play in my Palermo shirt...
Andy Griff
45   Posted 24/05/2010 at 18:02:50

"Good luck looking manly in this one, lads..."

Oh, the homophobia. Come on, Gentlemen, this is the 21st century, and salmon pink and navy blue IS a historic combination for the Toffees. Personally, I prefer it to the current 'lucky' black and pink shirt.
Dennis Stevens
46   Posted 24/05/2010 at 18:05:23

I do hope the change kit is salmon pink next season, as a mark of recognition of it being the 120th anniversary of our first Title success, when we played in that colour. However, I do hope that isn't the design — hopefully they'll go for something with a hint of the rugby shirt style that was favoured back in the 19th century.
Ian McDowell
47   Posted 24/05/2010 at 18:59:08

Please god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Mulhall
48   Posted 24/05/2010 at 19:28:09

Are we trying to crack the gay market?
Dave McCarten
49   Posted 24/05/2010 at 19:20:07

The new away kit should be black with the salmon pink diagonal stripe that we wore when we were nicknamed "the Black Watch" — and not that shitty one from last season that was supposed to be a tribute to it.
Simon Thorne
50   Posted 24/05/2010 at 20:34:59

Is that farmed salmon or wild salmon?
Miles Wilson
51   Posted 24/05/2010 at 21:38:47

I think this is a hoax — it looks like one of the training kits dyed pink... at least I hope so 'cos the kit is minging! Both of last season's kits were disappointing so let's hope LCS come up with a decent shirt this year.
Pete Gunby
52   Posted 24/05/2010 at 22:10:49

Probably designed by Hibbert!
Ray Kelly
53   Posted 25/05/2010 at 20:21:01

This is definitely next season's away shirt; this is a leaked picture and suppliers Kitbag are having kittens over it getting out and are terrified of any adverse reaction. I personally think it's fucking awful and must've been designed in the Coq Sportif office in the Paris gay quarter. Also, Everton's players have said they hate it.

What happened to tradition? Someone start a campaign to bring back the Amber and Blue!

Ryan Sloan
54   Posted 25/05/2010 at 20:32:44

This is real. I was in Everton Two the other week and asked one of the staff about the new away kit; he described this kit to a tee. He said it is the same color as David James's Pompey kit.
Jason Lam
55   Posted 26/05/2010 at 06:57:21

Anyone have scoop of the new home kit? If it's just as awful I may as well grab the discounted kit whilst stocks last. The lesser of two evils.