Yakety Yak

I've got a little bit of gossip for you.

I work in film and TV and a mate of mine was just telling me that he interviewed Sven Goran Eriksson yesterday...

During the interview, he mentioned that he was going for dinner with David Moyes afterwards. When they were finished, he said he had to rush as he was off to sign a player.

So either the Yak is off or Sven has put in a bid for Fellaini, Rodwell, Baines and Arteta.

Ste Blundell, London     Posted 10/05/2011 at 23:35:13

Comments

Tony McNulty
1   Posted 11/05/2011 at 07:31:11

I heard that, "I'm having dinner with David Moyes and then I'm off to sign a player", is what he always tells his wives.
Eric Myles
2   Posted 11/05/2011 at 07:35:53

He must have been off to sign a free agent as the transfer window is still shut.
Erik Dols
3   Posted 11/05/2011 at 08:07:30

If I was manager of a football team I would drop hints like this all the time just to have some fun. I can't elaborate much further, I'm off to have dinner with Mourinho.
Jeremy Benson
4   Posted 11/05/2011 at 08:31:13

I really don't see what he'd gain by announcing his plans to a journo.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter either way does it? Yak will be off somewhere in the summer for a random transfer figure that we can't even guess at, and we'd probably let it be next to nowt to get him off the wage bill.
Dave Lynch
5   Posted 11/05/2011 at 08:39:26

Yes that was definitley code for.

"I'm off to shag the waitress in the jigger."
Tony J Williams
6   Posted 11/05/2011 at 09:39:11

David Moyes is his euphemism for Dirty Minge
Ste Blundell
7   Posted 11/05/2011 at 09:39:22

Eric Myles you gay
Tony J Williams
8   Posted 11/05/2011 at 09:48:10

Look out, someone has escaped from the Bluekipper forum.
Eugene Ruane
9   Posted 11/05/2011 at 09:53:17

Tony (8) or he could be one of the wandering wsag forum tribe (btw, your 6 post gave me my only laugh of the morning - not getting many laughs here in Sweden).
Chad Schofield
10   Posted 11/05/2011 at 10:03:55

Was it just some kind of cruel torture on Moyes? Did Sven just eat in front of him making "mmmmm" noises, before finishing off with that remark?
Kunal Desai
11   Posted 11/05/2011 at 10:12:38

I heard Moyes had to rush from his dinner as well as he was concluding a deal for Messi.
Eugene Ruane
12   Posted 11/05/2011 at 10:17:50

Kunai (11), so tomorrow's headline..

"Dinner for two - Sven Yaks, Moyes a messi eater"

Gets coat
Nick Entwistle
13   Posted 11/05/2011 at 11:05:52

Why is it anyone who works 'in media' never tell anyone what they actually do?
Eugene Ruane
14   Posted 11/05/2011 at 11:30:44

Nick (13) - very good question.
Tony J Williams
15   Posted 11/05/2011 at 11:58:54

Does watching telly and reading internet sites constitute working in "the media"? If so, sign me up
James Brand
16   Posted 11/05/2011 at 12:59:19

Dave Lynch #5

That had me in stiches!

You lot crack me up! Definitely improve my days...

Is it possible for anyone to be serious on this site? HAHAH
Kris Boner
17   Posted 11/05/2011 at 14:21:16

@James Brand

The only reason I come on this site is to read Doddy.

If I wanted something serious to read I would try and find Kenwright's business manifesto...
Marc Williams
18   Posted 11/05/2011 at 16:08:44

I heard Sven took a doggy bag with him as Yak wanted a couple of pies & a side order of chips as a signing-on fee!
Mike Coates
19   Posted 11/05/2011 at 16:40:45

I will be sad when the Yak leaves.He is still one of my favourite players. He just got caught in a rut and perhaps just not getting the forward function that he really deserves.

It worked at one stage, then injured and new team formation just didn't suit him.

Sorry to see you go, Yak. :(
Mark Wayman
20   Posted 11/05/2011 at 17:29:10

The last time I saw Yak play (for Leicester) he looked in great shape. Like someone had kept his head and added a new slimmer body ;)

I don't think he will be at Everton much longer. A shame, but numerous circumstances seems to have ended his time with us.

On the bright side, with Yak, Vaughan, Fellaini and Rodwell gone it will be like a new signing for us!

Oh :(
James Flynn
21   Posted 11/05/2011 at 21:38:17

Ste Blunder (7) - You think Eric Myles gay? Can't see how but OK. Find a more clever way to express it though. This is ToffeeWeb.
Kunal Desai
22   Posted 12/05/2011 at 11:34:51

Eugene - 12 - I'm liking mate, i'm liking it!
Ste Blundell
23   Posted 13/05/2011 at 02:22:35

James Flynn you gay.
Ste Blundell
24   Posted 13/05/2011 at 02:30:02

Nick (13) I'm a Production Designer, my mate's a Director of Photography.
Nothing to do with journos. Do you work with the internet in some way?