Another disappointing season

I?ve just seen the latest Premier League table on Ceefax and it looks like we?ve had another disappointing season.

Looking at the ?goals against? column ? with no goals conceded for the entire season, we?ve clearly tightened up the defence. But, yet again, Moyes?s tendency to send out teams with a defensive, negative attitude is reflected in the fact that we scored NO goals at all!!! When is he going to realise that you will never win anything by drawing every game 0-0??? Yet again, the failure to sign a 20-goal-a-season striker has come back to bite us... Will he never learn?

I know some of you out there will point out that we finished above Liverpool and both Manchester clubs but look at the teams who finished above us ? Bolton and Blackburn FFS ? surely we?re better than that. Remember our motto.

Out of interest, I?m sure those Villa fans mouthing off against the appointment of Alex McLeish will be looking a little shame-faced now that he?s got them up to 2nd place and a Champion league slot. And is it just a co-incidence that the three teams beginning with W are occupying the relegation places ? just like the teams last season?

Anyway here?s looking forward to season 2012-13... and some bloody goals!

Rob Williamson, Sheffield     Posted 26/06/2011 at 16:53:47

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Editorial Team
1   Posted 26/06/2011 at 17:16:40

Mildly amusing, Rob... shows how little worthwhile there is to talk about so far this close-season. Perhaps we really should have all taken a month off!!!
Guy Hastings
2   Posted 26/06/2011 at 17:49:53

One place better off than the previous season, finished about the RS and good to see City and United duking it out for the mid-table abscurity honours. Sorry to see Wigan drop down and it goes to show that, whatever the pundits may have said at the time, 'arry wasn't to do anything with Spurs banged up inside Pentonville.
Dennis Stevens
3   Posted 26/06/2011 at 19:54:28

Surely all teams would end up equal top - and bottom!
I wonder if the league have any provision in place for such a situation.
Gerry Quinn
4   Posted 26/06/2011 at 20:10:45

Ha - nice one Rob. At least we're not getting all those draws.......
Michael Evans
5   Posted 26/06/2011 at 20:37:44

Sigh ... yet more gallows humour

Close season really does suck if you're an Everton fan.

Displaying all the clinical signs of OCD you check all the "Usual Suspects" : Toffeeweb, News Now et al in the vain hope of some signing or at least some merest hope of a signing.

Perhaps aversion therapy can brake this habit ... anyone for red hot pokers up the ...

Dick Fearon
6   Posted 26/06/2011 at 21:03:03

I know I could be lining myself up but this antipodian has to ask, what the hell is Ceefax!?
Paul Moorhouse
7   Posted 26/06/2011 at 21:11:38

Nice one Rob.
As an exile living in the south I've spent all day on the ale at a bbq and for a minute, you had me there.
David Hallwood
8   Posted 26/06/2011 at 22:03:03

Dick Ceefax is a teletext information service, gives news and sport lottery results weather etc
Gerry Quinn
9   Posted 26/06/2011 at 23:03:26

Dick #6 - bloody brilliant.......had me in absolute stitches and made my day., nee month!

I know that you are down under, but didn't realise you would not have had Ceefax or Teletext. I'm sure you must have an equivalent - like WallabyTV ot Dingotext.

Gerry Quinn
10   Posted 26/06/2011 at 23:11:26

Actually, the last time I used teletext, we were 2-0 down to Wimbledon ? vowed never to go on it again!

Don't miss it here in the US with all this computerology.
Mark Stone
11   Posted 26/06/2011 at 23:25:40

Does Ceefax still exist?????!!!!!
Charlie Percival
12   Posted 27/06/2011 at 03:10:24

Mark (11). Didn't you know, they have Ceefax at Goodison in the players' lounge, part of Bill's cost-cutting.
Michael Brien
13   Posted 27/06/2011 at 07:29:04

The Close Season ? brilliant ? we are equal on points with Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and that team with the very fetching 3rd Kit. And Saturdays between 3pm and 5pm - no stress!! (Okay that's a generalisation as matches are played on other days and at some many other times ? but I am sure that you get the drift!)
Erik Dols
14   Posted 27/06/2011 at 09:08:45

Nice one :)
Tommy Coleman
15   Posted 27/06/2011 at 10:22:18

I've spent many an afternoon watching Ceefax waiting for the goal updates, thank God for the internet and Sky Sports (one good thing they did).
Michael Brien
16   Posted 27/06/2011 at 13:15:51

We could also be the running in the Fair Play League - as so far we have had no bookings or sendings off.

The Close Season - also brilliant as it is the most consistent part of the year for Refereeing decisions. Mind you I am sure that there some Premier League Referees that have texted/E Mailed Linesmen/Assistants just to be sure that they haven't had any decisions to make.
Steve Pugh
17   Posted 27/06/2011 at 13:33:32

Saturday afternoons as a kid watching the updates on teletext at the bottom of the screen.

Dreading Everton appearing cos it usually meant they had conceded. Some things never change.
Paul Foster
18   Posted 27/06/2011 at 15:11:37

What do you mean we have nothing to talk about? Did nobody see THIS?
Mike Green
19   Posted 27/06/2011 at 16:18:46

Bloody hell Paul, not sure how I missed that one! Thanks for the nod, I wonder if there are still tickets knocking around....? I think I could get there for tomorrow....

Having said that - branch previously closed after "a small fire and other matters kept it shut for the last four years"......

Hhmmm... whats the betting Seamus comes back and has a word in Bills ear?

"Mr Kenwright, I was talking to a gentleman on Tuesday night and he said, in regard to our financial predicament....."
Mike Allison
20   Posted 27/06/2011 at 18:26:07

Why has no-one written a mailbag article slagging off Coleman for this? Toffeeweb is going soft.
Erik Dols
21   Posted 28/06/2011 at 09:11:57

So that blabbermouth Coleman has been at it again. If I was in charge of this club, he would be out. We don't need mercenaries like him. I suggest we play Heitinga as right winger, he is a model professional who would never let the club down!