|Everton: Lake; Wynne Fox,
Hughes, A Gerrard; Wilson, Seargeant, Barry, Pascucci (61' Hopkins);
Lynch, J Jones (84' Boyle).
Subs not used: Gallagher, Booth Wright. Scorers:
Yellow Cards: Barry (21') Ref: Mr P Barnes.
|Steve Milne: With the first team
in action at Middlesbrough up in
the frozen north, I thought it might be better for me to come and look at
the kids; hopefully it may be a better game (less depressing at
least). So the best bits:
- 5 Joey Jones gets in the box and tries to lob/chip
the advancing keeper, not too far away.
- 19 Half a chance falls to Pascucci; he mis-hits the ball
six yards out, it goes up in the air, keeper grabs it just under his
- 21 Yellow card Anthony Barry getting involved in a
little bit of handbags at 10 paces.
- 43 Best chance of the half falls to captain Anthony
Gerrard, he gets his head to a corner, floats over the bar.
Half time: Coventry City 0 - 0 Everton
- 49 After some good running from the Italian, he loses the
ball on the edge of the box, the ball rolls into the path of Barry;
from 20 yards out his on-target shot is dealt with by Coventrys
- 58 Another half-chance for Pascucci with his back to goal,
ball hit into the box but he was knocked offf the ball, and the chance
- 59 Lake make a good solid save, one on one against the
attacker, uses his body to make the striker shoot early, saves with
his legs, out for a corner.
- 70 Paul Hopkins on the left wing makes a deep run, hits a
ball into the heart of the Coventry box, Lynch with a free header puts
the ball over the bar.
- 73 Anthony Barry hits a free kick though a pile of players,
the keeper clears the ball off his line with his feet.
- 76 Paul Hopkins just inside the area, unmarked, mis-hits a
shot; it goes well wide.
- 82 Another corner hit looking for Anthony Gerrard, again
his effort was off target.
- 83 0-1 Paul McClink Against the run of play, Coventry
steal the lead: ball hit in from the left, ball falls to McClink, he
heads it, it loops its way into the goal past a diving Shaun Lake.
- 84 Patrick Boyle off Joey Jones
Full time: a disappointing 0-1
Match Reports: Everton