The Mail Bag

Best Way!

Comments (3)

Lyndon, on Wednesday you told us to wait until Thursday to see what would be revealed from Bestway, today you are telling us to wait another two weeks. It seems that everyone is willing to give EFC down the banks for mis-truths etc however are too eager to offer their own. The Loop option is bullshit, we all know it. It is not big enough, GP only just about fits into it now!!! It seems that this "two-three week" period is only designed to put doubt into peoples minds and is underhand to say the least. KEIOC have been queit the last couple of days, I wonder whether they realise that they are running out of steam?

If you want to KEIOC then please put a better argument up than "wait and see".
Frank Stipes, Everton     Posted 10/08/2007 at 10:21:26

back Return to the Mail Bag

Comments

Note: the following content is not moderated or vetted by the site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the responsibility of the poster. Disclaimer


Steve Claringbold
1   Posted 10/08/2007 at 14:48:18

I agree, everyone says that BK and KW are liars and everything but where exactly would you place Warren Bradley?

His sudden emergence on the whole issue is a bit fishy to me and reeks of a politician looking to further his own goals and not those of Everton FC.
Lyndon Lloyd
Editorial Team
2   Posted 10/08/2007 at 18:48:16

Frank, I understand the way it looks but I’m only passing on the little that I know to counter this assumption that the "Loop" proposal is "bullshit" and suggest that unless you have your heart set on moving to Kirkby you might want to delay sending in your ballot until you have more information on which to make an informed choice.

I believe that Bestway had pencilled in yesterday (Thursday) as the day to unveil some preliminary detail but want to put their best foot forward and, as such, decided to delay releasing anything rather than rush something incomplete into the public domain. That’s understandable but frustrating for those waiting to see what they are proposing.

But, again, what do you stand to lose by waiting? How disappointed would you feel if you sent your vote off early, only for it to be proved that the loop site was viable and that there was a real alternative with to compare with Kirkby? Surely the decision is important enough to wait a little longer?
John
3   Posted 10/08/2007 at 23:54:26

Lyndon,

Unfortunately, the way you have shared ?the little that you know? could be interpreted as uncritical/unquestioning support of the Loop that you wouldn?t give to anything ?official? in a million years.

I also think that we might be getting two separate points confused. If your true motivation for waiting is choice, I think your approach might be fruitless. First, the Loop proposal is never going to be at the point of ?proven to be viable? before the vote deadline. We are still waiting for Bestway?s preliminary findings! Second, the club has said that a No kills off Kirkby. If I follow your logic, you would vote Yes if the Loop proved unworkable (otherwise stick your No vote in now). However, if you don?t vote Yes (regardless of the Loop) aren?t you killing off the very choice that you are presently advocating? Therefore, stick a Yes vote in the post to maintain your options!

I suspect the real reason for not doing this is that you really think that Kirkby is the wrong choice. If that?s the case, shouldn?t you stop trying to build yourself a fence to sit on and vote No rather than waiting in the hope that Mr Bradley and pals see an inchoate plan through to completion?

© ToffeeWeb