Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Nuremburg: Offical trip let down

I booked two packages with Everton Travel and chased them today to find out the flight times. I am a season ticket holder and I was told these were confirmed booking. I was told today Everton only sent 400 tickets to Everton Travel instead on the expected 600 so 200 people including myself will not be going. I am getting the Everton run-around passing the buck from Everton to Everton Travel.

I expect you may hear more of this because all the people who have booked do not know yet. By the way I am now looking for 2 spare tickets, I can be contacted on 07734 008 426.
Tom O'Donnell, Runcorn     Posted 01/11/2007 at 13:25:11

Comments

David Andrew Buck
1   Posted 01/11/2007 at 18:45:40

Tom, Have just found out that the same thing has happened to me. The fucking people who work for this club do not deserve the fans.
Extremelly upset and disappointed!!
Keith Harrison
2   Posted 01/11/2007 at 18:46:38

I too booked with Everton travel, and later added a mate on to my party, which was also ’confirmed’.
My official confirmation came last Saturday, but I have been ringing Everton travel all week about his. They were hopeful, but finally gave up the ghost yesterday afternoon, and said it was now highly unlikely that Everton would forward the balance of the tickets they were expecting.
I then rang EFC and was told that Everton travel had received 350 tickets, and there were no more.
Everton Travel have been brilliant through all this, were apparently promised 600 tickets, but only got the 350 stated.
It is appalling that this is exactly the kind of norm at Everton that anyone who deals with them expects - especially a trading partner.
Messrs Kenwright and Wyness could really improve things by employing the Everton travel staff to sort the Admin nightmare that is Everton.

By the way, has anyone actually received their Evertonia memberships yet ???? It’s only November.

Brewery. Piss Up. Organise.

If I were you mate, book on the BlueKipper Flight, and get your tickets from 1st4 Football Tickets. My mate got his from them this afternoon.

Best of luck.
Sheisblue, Merseyside
3   Posted 01/11/2007 at 18:54:09

Sorry to hear that but it comes as no great surprise, been there done that got the t-shirt so to speak..............Bucharest......at least you didn’t get to spend hours in John Lennon airport nearly get arrested etc etc as I did..............Everton they never learn from their many mistakes.
Lue Glover
4   Posted 01/11/2007 at 21:28:17

Me too, have been treated with great politeness by Everton Travel who incidentally, are not part of EFC but an independant company, luckily for them.
I was told today that the package I had ’booked’ was not available because, guess what, no tickets from EFC.
I accept totally that priorities are set and it’s right that those who forked out for the Ukraine get first chance of the tickets. What intrigues me though is how we now have Nuremberg selling significant numbers of tickets to Blues wih no real problems. Is it not beyond the wit of man for an enterprising commercial travel company to purchase said tickets direct from the ’away’ club and organise similar packages for old duffers like me who can’t quite cope with the rigours of independent travel.
Once again it would appear that EFC have tripped up on the rocky path to supporter heaven. I have spoken a length to a member of staff from Everton Travel and unless she has been in the running for an Oscar, I actually believe her in that EFC have not supplied the tickets they promised.
Well, looks like Channel 5 and a couple of bottles of Chang on Thursday night.
COYB
Dave Roberts
5   Posted 02/11/2007 at 00:01:57

Lue,

Sorry you are going to miss the game mate but....Chang????....yuk! Don’t do it . Life is precious. It’s only a cry for help after all!
Lue Glover
6   Posted 02/11/2007 at 06:44:14

Thanks for the advice Dave, Yes, it’s pretty grim stuff but if I can’t be there I have to show my support in other ways - by making supreme sacrifices and drinking the stuff! I would rather be drinking some of the German version in a square in Nuremberg but what the hell.....
I suppose I can buy a lot of beer with £300.
Need another win on Saturday, hopefully Tiny and Tommy will feature in the game.
Come on lads let’s have some good footy and beat the Brum.
David Buck
7   Posted 02/11/2007 at 16:46:22

Keith, thanks for the advice, have booked on the bluekipper flight, (was told this morning that their were 30 spaces left) and managed to get a ticket from 1st4footballtickets.com. Ticket was a bit overpriced but what the hell, needs must after the Official trip let down!