Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Carling Cup Draw

Well, now we all know who we will have in the Cup. All we hoped for was a home draw as on our day we can beat any of the teams left. I was hoping for the Hammers at our place but we have to travel to theirs... and we get to play a week earlier than the rest.
Tony Miller, Merseyside     Posted 03/11/2007 at 13:11:50

Comments

Leann George
1   Posted 03/11/2007 at 14:48:33

So we have the cockney wankers in the last eight of the league cup. I don’t want to upset any Evertonians with ties in londons east end, but i cant stand that team as much asI dislike the red shite.

Even as much as the league cup is devalued it would be great to beat those jeelied eels tossers and get through to the semi-final of the competition for the first time in twenty seasons (league cup!)
David Barks
2   Posted 03/11/2007 at 14:48:30

I would have liked to have gotten at least one home draw, but this is a fixture we can win. It won’t be easy, they will be tough to undo at their park, but a 4-5-1 ball controlling formation should do nicely. I want to see us lift a trophy so badly this season.
charlie percival
3   Posted 03/11/2007 at 14:50:57

Watch AJ bang in a hat trick!!!

Show them what they will never have ;)
charlie percival
4   Posted 03/11/2007 at 15:48:32

I think theres a difference between losing to LONDON rather than West ham. We got the easiest draw. West Ham are a bunch of over paid prima donnas.

I prefer away to west ham than home to Arsenal or any other game.

West ham are crap and we’re gonna stuff you. Win in London lol. Its only west ham ffs!
Santosh Benjamin
5   Posted 03/11/2007 at 16:06:34

I would have also liked a home game but West Ham seems to be the best team to play at this stage...
Hope we have AJ back and a full strength midfield coz then im sure we will go to London and run up a tally of goals....COYB
danny smith
6   Posted 03/11/2007 at 16:15:58

i am a evertonion living in southend {50 miles from london} all my family and friends are hammers im well pleased with the draw but would have liked to play them in the final !! this wont be an easy game but with tiny tim back i we seem to be abit more resolute. 2~1 to us coyb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan Parker
7   Posted 03/11/2007 at 17:10:19

West Ham used to be our whipping boys a few years ago, let’s bring those days back and thump ’em 5-0 again.

I remember getting on a tube train in the East-end after playing football in my Everton kit. The tub was completely full of West Ham fans returning from a game the week after we’d hammered them 5-0. To be fair, they were pretty good about it and didn’t give me any shit at all.

A fairly decent draw methinks.
Dave Roberts
8   Posted 03/11/2007 at 18:41:36

Just got home from the game today. We managed to get a good victory from what, at 90 minutes, seemed to be a disappointment. I just have a FEELING that we are going to do SOMETHING this season. With this draw, a lot of top teams are going to be knocking each other out and that?s the sort of luck you need when your name is on a trophy. As I say... I just have a FEELING!!!!