Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Feeling good

Four wins on the bounce, goals coming, quality of passing football improving, Yakubu starting to look good, AJ on his way back, two games from Wembley, 3 points off fourth place. Will go to bed with a smile on my face tonight!

OK, the opposition hasn't been tough lately and the great Neville debate rolls on but let's enjoy being a blue for a while. Here's hoping for five on the trot for all us lads who'll be in Nuremberg on Thursday! COYB!!
Mike  Thomas, London     Posted 03/11/2007 at 21:00:23

Comments

Erik Dols
1   Posted 03/11/2007 at 21:26:07

Hate to ruin your good mood but it’s three games from Wembley actually - two legged semis in january ;)

But I’m feeling great as well, we’re on the brink of a great season. Let’s hope it doesn’t fade away. COYB!
Michael Newton
2   Posted 03/11/2007 at 21:34:10

I think AJ wont get in the team, I would pick Vaughan ahead of him every time Vaughan is pure class, AJ isnt of the same class as Vaughan
Dave Southword
3   Posted 03/11/2007 at 22:14:23

I think AJ and JV will turn out to be our best strike pairing. All Moyes has to do is find a way to play them and Tim Cahill and we will be flying.
micky norman
4   Posted 03/11/2007 at 22:49:47

If that’s Yakubu starting to look good then there’s no hope for us. Were you at the same game as me? JV made their defenders do more work in the 10 mins he was on than the yak did in 90. Now i don’t expect the man to run his nuts off like AJ, but there were times in the second half when my nan could have outjumped him
Paul Murphy
5   Posted 03/11/2007 at 23:00:16

iIthink Micky you are being rather harsh towards Yakubu. He is never going to work particularly hard for Everton, but for me he had his best game in a blue shirt today and scored a goal which is all i ask of a striker. He could of had a hatrick with a bit more luck
Joe Jennings
6   Posted 03/11/2007 at 22:58:09

Micky Norman,

I was at the game and I thought overall Yakubu had a good game. He held the ball up well, distributed it well, scored, what more do you want, blood?

I think we are to hard to please

End of the day the fella has got 4 goals now, he’s missed a few games and he’s starting to get used to the way we play

I like Vaughan but to say he done more than Yakubu in 90 is a bit extreme IMO
Paul Coleman
7   Posted 04/11/2007 at 00:31:39

I can I just say, I used to be a bit wary of people saying James Vaughan was going to be a superstar but today I think I have made my mind up that this lad is going to be massive. Ill have no one telling me off for comparing with Rooney because although he is a different type of player I think he has shown just as much potential as Wayne did at that age. Vaughan is going to be a goal machine.
Micky Norman
8   Posted 04/11/2007 at 00:27:18

yes maybe i was being a bit harsh in hindsight,especially since my nan died ages ago. But i don’t think we’d have won the game had JV not come on and if he’d been on earlier we’d have finished brum off comfortably. i want yak to be a star as much as anyone else does but he just doesn’t look up to it without one of the young lads in there with him.
Phil Bellis
9   Posted 04/11/2007 at 02:10:34

Micky, I presume you never saw The Latch..the laziest, most static, idle bastard ever! But he had Thomas, King et all to help him out, the uninterested, self-serving no-mark. And , do you know what?....I still love him. ’If you know....’
Mike Thomas
10   Posted 04/11/2007 at 12:31:58

Micky,

Can’t a fella feel a bit optimistic once in a while? True Yakubu’s hardly fitting into the style of work ethic we’ve come to expect from an Everton player but in fairness he’s never been touted as such. He’s got 4 goals in 9 starts now which aint bad considering the whole team’s had a stuttering start to the season.

I made a comment that he was starting to look good and I get back a load of comments on who is the better than him. That wasn’t the point I was trying to make. We’ve got a lot to be cheerful about at the minute. God knows that doesn’t happen very often. Let’s enjoy it while we can instead of trying to find clouds in every silver lining.