Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Nurnberg tickets - cancelled?

Just seen the following - I really hope its a hoax. The recorded message syas that if we bought tickets for the home end directly form Nuremberg we won't be allowed to have them as the game has been designated high risk. Full restitutuion will be made ? which I think means a full refund back onto the credit card.

Has anyone checked to see if they have their money back?

Its too late for us now ? we will still travel anyway. Surely they will allow us all entry as there's going to be thousands descending on the stadium, which will make things even worse for everyone - another fiasco in the offing.

_________________

Bad news folks. If you had the nouse to book your match ticket direct through Nuremberg's own web site or phone service, UEFA have now deemed that you cannot have your match tickets. They have categorised the match as high risk, and have got onto the fact that English based fans have been sourcing their tickets direct from Nuremberg FC, who were quite happy to sell them to Blues fans. Nuremberg even had the intelligence to place them next to the official away block in their Ground, to put all the Blues fans together.

To listen to the recorded message, please ring 0049180 5050326. Nuremberg have stated that a full refund will be given to the unlucky Blues fans who booked their tickets this way.
Steve  Jones, Wavertree     Posted 05/11/2007 at 13:28:10

Comments

Shaun Kingsley
1   Posted 05/11/2007 at 14:47:41

Oh dear, this is a disaster. If the rumours are true that Nuremberg sold on a few thousand seats to Everton fans in the home end, there will be thousands of ticketless fans outside the ground as I’m sure they’ll all be travelling regardless.

UEFA should reverse this decision immediately, as theres far more chance of trouble now because of this.
Steve Davies
2   Posted 05/11/2007 at 14:56:25

Just emailed Nurnberg to see if this is true
this was the reply

? we haven´t heard anything about tickets being cancelled and I can only asure you that you have your tickets for the Game as per offer from last week ?
I am looking forward to welcoming you and your Partner on Thursday ?
Tony Jones
3   Posted 05/11/2007 at 14:57:02

Gutted nothing is straight forward when you support the Blues it comes with the territory. I think this could be a disiaster on Thursday, I hope not but you can just picture it, fans been sold tickets in good faith and under contract then to say no fuck off you cant have them well I am not a violent man but I think that would make me flip.
Peter Simpson
4   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:06:28

Just phoned them up and its a recording to say all tickets have been cancelled and a full refund will happen shortly . I cant fucking get my head around this if they class it as high risk, well it certainly will be now.
John Davis
5   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:12:40

Is this a hoax?
Theres nothing on the official sites, UEFA etc. And that number doesn’t correspond to the ticket line/box office numbers for Nuremburg FC.
Is someone playing silly beggars? Some German Red Sh**e perhaps?
Peter
6   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:20:44

John Davis
00 49 1805050326
This is the number I phoned last week to get my tickets and if you phone now it as a recording to say all tickets have been cancelled and a full refund will come shortly. If it is a hoax it is a fucking good one
Michael Hunt
7   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:20:39

Fear not fellow blue boys, this is probably a lowlife RS wind up. So, don’t take the bait. If there is anything in this, it is UEFA who should get their house in order. They won’t do that if we kick off at the krauts though. Should be tickets from a kraut tout in the worst case so fret not.
Chris McGlynn
8   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:28:57

I’ve had tickets delivered to a German address so I may or may not be ok. But if not (and for all the others who were picking tickets up from the ground) how the hell are fans who are buying tickets off touts going to know whether they’re buying bona fide or cancelled tickets? Sounds like a fu*cking nightmare to me...
Paul
9   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:31:29

I think this is not a hoax. I had booked through their website last week and have have just recieved the following e-mail from shopbetreuung@tixx-hotline.com

the match between the 1.FC Nürnberg vs. Everton FC has been classified in a common arrangement by the order and security authorities of the city of Nuremberg with the UEFA as a risk match!

Due to specific rules and safety regulations of the UEFA, we had to cancel your ticket reservation made either in the Online-Ticket-Shop or Call Centre for this match on 08th November. You may purchase tickets for this match only directly at your home club via the allocated away-contingents.
A full restitution of the full amount posted, inclusive auxiliary costs for the deposit of the tickets, will be done shortly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Your Online-Ticket-Shop-Support
Steve
10   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:34:35

It’s not a hoax, check your online order status it will have a red colour by it, which means

Buchung storniert

Translate it online and it means in English ’Entry cancels’

I travel on Wednesday, I have emailed them but have no reply so far

They haven’t refunded any money yet to my credit card, I’m dreading the fun that will occur at the stadium on Thursday!

I think we can only hope they change there minds
James Thorley
11   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:34:55

It’s no hoax, have received the email informing me that my tickets had been cancelled.
Steve
12   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:39:26

Oh crap, I just had the same email!!!
Its going to be chaos!
Damien Jones
13   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:34:37

This is no hoax. I had a German colleague call up to ask a few questions and it is all true. Sorry. I had tickets sent to a hotel that are now void according to Nurnberg. It now looks like all the tickets bought by Blues have been sold back to anyone with a German address. UEFA have now forced hundreds of tickets back onto the black market which will cause a number of problems on the day. I would hope that fellow Blues will not sell on dud tickets, but all be careful who and where you buy any replacements from as you will not have the gaurentee you will get in the ground if some tickets have been issued and then cancelled. If you have booked tickets over the phone or internet for collection you will not get them. If you have had them delivered to a German address I would call with your booking number to check the tickets are still valid. Instead of having a number of Blues in a controlled enviroment (the ground) UEFA have allowed 4 days before the game to drop this beauty!
Barry Kingham
14   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:42:59

What are UEFA thinking? They’ve turned a nothing situation into a potentially dangerous one. I’m still going to Germany but I’m worried about how fans will react. And who will be sitting in my seat now? It seems rediculous that they are still allowing English fans with a German address!

We should rise up and protest quick over this and see if they reverse thier decision. Someone get the echo and bbc on the case, this is a disgracful turn of events!
Michael Hunt
15   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:44:54

What a shitter, looks like a hoax it aint! If UEFA were gonna do this you’d think they would have done it ages ago i.e. before we purchased the frickin tickets n made the travel arrangements! Looks like I may have to watch the game in a bar now (if it’s on!) and make do with other entertainments e.g. kraut lappy bars and beers for entertainment...then on the lash some more in celebration of a great away win in Europe...COYB!! UEFA should rectify this mess though...and bloody quick smart.
jayharris
16   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:38:36

are we Europeans or not?
If true this is discrimination and needs addressing!
Any ideas apart from our sports minister.
Stefan Tosev,Vienna
17   Posted 05/11/2007 at 15:42:20

I dont know why, maybe because I reside in Vienna, but the ticketI bought directly from Nurenberg is still valid.

I suggest if you have some German fans rang them to buy you tickets or fly on Wednesday and ask some locals to buy you ticket, they are very friendly by the way
Steve Gray
18   Posted 05/11/2007 at 16:36:38

I ordered 2 tickets last monday, everything was fine, I now live in London and went for a bevi last week with a few Cockneys and this one bloke who supported Arsenal said UEFA wont allow it, he was adament they would step in once they get information regarding ticketing from Nurenberg. The funny thing about this bloke he seemed to know this was going to happen, I phoned on of the other lads up 5 minutes ago and he said the bloke worked for the FA in some admin role, I am convinced he notified UEFA, just got his phone number guess what his phone is turned off.
Mike Oliver
19   Posted 05/11/2007 at 17:24:09

Do they really think people will cancel their travel plans becasue of this? Instead there’ll be 1000’s of ticketless blues outside the ground trying to get in. If it wasn’t a high risk match before it is now!! Twats.
p quinn
20   Posted 05/11/2007 at 17:12:33

Comment on official site

Mad Tony
21   Posted 05/11/2007 at 17:53:56

I do not believe it, who do you blame? Nurenberg or UEFA, A great few days are now going to turn into a disaster. I can see the angry mob trying to rush the gates to get in and people who have got tickets ending up not getting in. The club need to protest to UEFA quick because if it does go of they wont take any flak it will be the fans of Everton FC who the media will round on. I brought 4 tickets in good faith and in English law this is called contract law the promise to deliver goods in return for the promise to pay for them. there must be an offer by one of the parties it must be accepted by the other; and the parties must be in agreement on objects of the contract, which is usually expressed consensus ad idem, or ’meeting of minds’ I know it is Germany and UEFA can do this but is it in good faith and the nature of fair play I think not and UEFA have caused potentialy a riot and it wouldnt supprise me if the German Police advise FC Nurenberg to play behind close doors. Come on Everton FC get behind the fans and protest to UEFA and advise them they have created a right mess and left thousands of unhappy and angry fans.
Joey
22   Posted 05/11/2007 at 18:30:00

If you’ve been silly and daft enough to book tickets in the Nuremberg end then surely you deserve to have them cancelled?

The hypocrisy of these people, who are doubtless amongst the first to slag off our red cousins when they pull off similar stunts, astounds me. We have a superb reputation across europe for our travelling support; i fear this could be ruined by the mindless idiots who are ignoring police advice to travel without a ticket or to sit with the Germans.

Save yourself a few bob, get a couple of beers in and watch it on the telly - don’t risk your safety and our reputation. Imagine for a minute if the lower Gwladys is awash with travelling Russians for our next game - there would be chaos and huge personal safety issues.

Paying out a fortune, getting pissed in Germany and then chancing your arm in the home end does not make you a bigger fan than i am - it just makes you an irresponsible idiot.
Andrew Sharp
23   Posted 05/11/2007 at 18:31:02

If there was a game at Goodison which there are tickets freely available days running up to the game, with the away fans selling out their away section - I don’t think many Evertonians would have a problem if Everton allocated a few seats near the away section for the extra away supporters. Afterall, it would be extra revenue for the club. I don’t think this is comparable to the Derby in any way whatsoever. Everton fans have an excellent record of behaviour away from home and your smug tone in your post makes you look very silly. I don’t think calling passionate fellow Evertonians as irresponsible idiots is completly and utterly unfounded. And who called themselves a ’bigger fan’ than you? What on earth is your problem?
Ray Robinson
24   Posted 05/11/2007 at 18:45:22

I am not travelling but if I had bought one of these tickets directly from Nurnberg and if I had then had my ticket cancelled, would Nurnberg be responsible for the travel and hotel costs incurred if I chose not to go?
Mick
25   Posted 05/11/2007 at 18:49:12

Joey, Red cousins I havent got any. Just go and do one. You havent got a clue, Nurenberg was happy to sell the tickets they confirmed this when you phoned up no problem how many tickets do you need so take your fucking cynical point of view and shove it
Sam Myers
26   Posted 05/11/2007 at 19:00:16

There were 3 of us going with Nuremberg tickets but after this blowout by UEFA, my Dad’s decided to give it a miss.

We now have 2 seats in a car going from Frankfurt-Hahn (we arrive on the early morning from Stanstead at about 9.20).

If anyone’s struggling with train strikes or whatever, give me a shout and we could ferry you down there (helps us with petrol costs too!)

sam_myers@hotmail.co.uk
Paul Davis
27   Posted 05/11/2007 at 18:57:17

Joey people like you make me sick a good kick in the bollocks you need. You are not a fan or supporter of Everton Football Club, your not entitled to an opinion, you dont understand therefore you just dont matter now fuck off back to making cakes and the only reason you have made this post is that your wife wouldnt let you go the match Mr Sad bastard
Earl Barrett
28   Posted 05/11/2007 at 18:55:28

Ill be gutted if i dont get a ticket but fuck it ive been to plenty of games and not got in at least i will be there cheap brasses n big buckets o beer cant wait! oh by the way any touts tha are charging over 30/40 buff can fuck off cos i aint payin over the odds!
Joey
29   Posted 05/11/2007 at 19:39:10

Right, in my ignorance i threw that post together without full knowlege of what’s gone on. Nuremberg giving out the tickets freely is another issue altogether - what i don’t like is this "get in the ground at all costs" attitude that you sometimes hear. If i’m truly honest, i’m paranoid about sumfin happening at an EFC game and us gettin a reputation that somehow the red shite have escaped without. It worries me, it makes me nervous and i was amongst the first to slag off he reds when they used scrap pieces of paper as tickets to get into athens - "will they never learn?" etc.

But, i’m wrong - this is an entirely different matter - and fans (of which i am one by the way), have a right to feel hard done by. Consider my bollocks kicked.
Rob Hughes
30   Posted 05/11/2007 at 19:46:37

I too have already sorted my travel and accomodation out a few weeks ago....and have now been let down when i thought i had it all sorted....me and my mates have even sorted a flag out. Well i’m going over anyway and i’ll chance my arm at getting a ticket over there. See you all in the pub.
Up the Toffees
Ray Robinson
31   Posted 05/11/2007 at 19:56:02

The FC Nurnberg site has reported the match as "ausverkauft" (sold out) for the past few days, so I hope that you boys travelling on spec get in ok. But as Joey says, the reputation of the club is at stake. I went to Rotterdam in 85 and the experience was all the more enjoyable because of the brilliant behaviour of the fans.

We are Everton - remember!

Safe journey there and back to all. I’ll have to make do with Channel 5.
david moore
32   Posted 05/11/2007 at 20:20:22

Can somebody judt verify the situation for me. What tickets are being cancelled. I sit just the tickets bought at the home end or is it also the tickets bought in the block next to the official section as well?????
I am confused???? I am coming from Australia and leaving in @ hours so can somebody post quickly
Tommy Maddox
33   Posted 05/11/2007 at 20:59:22

David the tickets cancelled are all tickets brought from FC Nurenberg ticket online outlet & over the phone. Not sure about ones ordered with German addresses
Rob van Dijk
34   Posted 05/11/2007 at 20:57:40

I?m Dutch, live in Holland and still have my tickets cancelled? How?s that possible? Has my Evertonia-membership perhaps anything to do with it?
Andy Shaw
35   Posted 05/11/2007 at 21:02:32

David Moore,

Been listening to Radio Mersyside phone in tonight, the situation is quite straight forward..... any tickets bought via the Nuremberg web site, or on their telephone ticket sale lines with English credit cards, have been cancelled.

If you have managed to aquire tickets via German people buying them, then they will not have been cancelled. Whether you will be thrown out of the ground if we score remains to be seen.........
Robbie Shields
36   Posted 05/11/2007 at 21:02:42

Fellow Blues, I am going to the game in the Nurnberg stands but not behind either of the goals, I’m hoping my tickets will still be valid as I didn’t get them from Nurnberg FC. However I could easily be refused entry.

So, can I please echo the sentiments of Ray here.... We are Everton - remember!

Please get to the ground early, not pissed and don’t go looking for trouble or react to it no matter how pissed off you are. And finally don’t rush the gates or do anything else to harm our reputation or put anyone in danger.

If we don’t get in there be a few thousand of us outside the ground and we can have our own party supporting the blues as only we can.

Best of luck to you all, hopefully it’ll all be OK and common sense will prevail.
Lee Spargo
37   Posted 06/11/2007 at 12:57:46

Good luck to those who’ve had their tickets cancelled. I hope you manage to get in and cheer the boys on.

Just behave please.