Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Yakubu

Read an article where Moyes is suggesting that Yakubu is winning over the doubters. I have never doubted Yakubu's credentials, his goal-scoring recored speaks for itself. Even when he looked out of sorts I never once thought he might not be very good. I feel his goals are coming because of the way we are starting to play.

Instead of launching long balls up to him and hoping for the best we are actually trying to use the midfield and create chances for the striker(s). As long as we keep trying to create goal scoring opportunities through the use of midfield he should score goals. On another note: I'm beginning to like the five man midfield although I'd prefer two up front but as long as we are winning why change it?
Trevor  Thompson, Croydon     Posted 07/11/2007 at 15:52:34

Comments

Connor Rohrer
1   Posted 07/11/2007 at 16:58:36

I think Moyes doubted him as much as (some) fans did. The way he dropped him proves my point. I myself have always believed Yak would come good and to be honest he’s a better player than I thought he would be.

People talk about his goals but for me judging by the last 4-5 games his all round game is brilliant if you play to his strengths. His pace, strength and finishing are the most recognized but I’ve bee impressed with his vision, passing, hold up play and bring other into play. Anyone who doesn’t agree with me watch the games over again and you will see for yourself. He is not just a goal poacher as David Prentice said he scores a variety of goals. The way he was linking up with Pienaar against Birmingham was a joy to see.

In terms of natural ability he is miles ahead of Andy Johnson and all in all he is a better play. No he wont run as much but he will score more goals.

4 goals in 8 starts is a great start to his Everton career and lets hope he continues this.
Scott Chester
2   Posted 07/11/2007 at 19:26:13

Totally agree mate , AJ is good at what he does but Yakubu has more quality.
Charlie Percival
3   Posted 07/11/2007 at 19:40:18

Dont say hes better than AJ, they are different players. Is Henry better than Ronaldo? Its hard to answer.

All I know is the poor form coincided with the crap football we were playing - same for AJ!!!

You watch AJ bang them in now were playing FOOTball!

No wonder yakubu looked lazy, hoofball is like a fish out of water to him.

NSNO
Connor Rohrer
4   Posted 07/11/2007 at 19:47:38

Ronaldo and Henry play in different positions so there is no comparison whereas Yakubu and Johnson play in the same position so you can compare. Yes they have different styles but I am talking about quality and Yak is streets ahead of Johnson.

In terms of touch, technique, vision, football brain and finishing theres no competition.
Phil Jones
5   Posted 07/11/2007 at 20:22:42

Perhaps it’s best to acknowledge the truth that the Yak is a more talented player than AJ, but lacks the latters work ethic. If he picks up the ethic that Aj (and really, the whole rest ofthe team) has, he will be unstoppable.
Ray
6   Posted 07/11/2007 at 20:44:15

Van Nistelrooy was a Man United crowd favourite yet apart from scoring penalties and tap ins he would do no running at all.. You could even make a case to say Big Dunc only ever really turned up when he felt like usually against Man Utd or Liverpool..All strikers are different. Some inconsistent. Some have better all round games than others. Some just plain enigmatic ( Big Dunc). You cant compare them really.. Yakubu and AJ are both good at what they do best and for me I am just happy at last that Everton F.C have fantastic options regarding strikers..Its been a long long time since we could last say that.
Phil Jones