Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Arteta and Fernandes

I have heard many people talking about a picture of Arteta and Fernandes getting into Arteta's car in town, does anyone have the link to this picture?
John Murphy, Liverpool     Posted 07/11/2007 at 19:39:11

Comments

Jason Garley
1   Posted 07/11/2007 at 21:45:49

Probably Fernandes tapping Mikel up on behalf of Valencia! Don’t dismiss this idea - it’s more lkely than Manny joining us.
Connor Rohrer
2   Posted 07/11/2007 at 22:11:12

I dont have a link but I’ve seen the picture. I seen it on a mobile phone and its defo him and Arteta,
David Barks
3   Posted 07/11/2007 at 22:14:26

Was this picture from before he went to Valencia, or is this a very rescent one Connor?
Danny Mullally
4   Posted 07/11/2007 at 22:30:14

Fernandes is meant to be undergoing rehabilitation to his knee injury in Portugal according to recent reports. Are you sure it wasn;t Pienaar?
Fernandes is a fucking mercenary and If Ronald Koeman is still in charge at Valencia come the end of the season, Fernandes will be shipped out. I would not want him back here, send him to Turkey or somewhere to enjoy the fruits of his greedy labour.
Allan Hobbs
5   Posted 07/11/2007 at 22:44:35

If Manny is injured, and maybe Arteta and him are mates, perhaps he came to see his mate? Don’t you ever visit/go out with yours?

Maybe aliens have landed in Stanley Park too.
Brian Law
6   Posted 07/11/2007 at 23:35:01

I?ve got a picture of me with both of them. I met them both in he Summer

They?re good mates. End of conspriacy
Lee Heath
7   Posted 07/11/2007 at 23:43:27

I saw him play a few times for Valencia, he's gone utter shite
Jonno Blue
8   Posted 07/11/2007 at 23:57:37

LOL Brilliant Lee!!
Connor Rohrer
9   Posted 08/11/2007 at 00:22:14

It was defiantly Manuel Fernandes and Mikel Arteta and it was taken about a month to three weeks ago.

Danny Mullally, are you being serious? Fernandes played on Tuesday and he is far from a mercenary. Fernandes won the Portuguese cup under Koeman and I remember them having a great run in the Champions league aswell. Koeman rates him highly and the only reason Fernandes will leave in my opinion is if he is unhappy which he is supposed to be. I’d welcome him beck with open arms as would any fans that recognizes quality.

As Bri L said they’re mates and that is it.
Roy coyne
10   Posted 08/11/2007 at 01:38:09

Finally Connor,I agree with every word you say ,also how come every one thinks it was down to Manny hes young and his owner(not agent) makes the decisions
Michael Newton
11   Posted 08/11/2007 at 09:30:37

The Russian Arshavin I think his name is, has been linked to Newcastle for 8m.
This is the guy who destroyed England he would be money better spent than Manny.
Stan Sheppard
12   Posted 08/11/2007 at 09:48:26

The window is still a long way away, DM hasn?t been that partial to doing business at Christmas and this story reminds me of all the mystery which surrounded Riquellemes supposed move in the summer.

I would welcome Fernandes back. Everyone deserves a second chance. No one knows all the facts which took him to Valencia. Its one thing to be disappointed about losing out in getting him but calling him a mercenary is sour grapes
Allan Hobbs
13   Posted 08/11/2007 at 10:04:22

Andrei Arshavin is class, looks like Spurs & Newcastle are after him - I like him cos he said he thinks Paul Robinson is rubbish which he is.....and fat. I added the fat bit.
Paul Coleman
14   Posted 08/11/2007 at 11:46:32

I sent an email to Sharpy to get the scouts onto Arshavin after I saw his performance against England. He reminds me of Kanchelskis, his pace is unreal.
The bad news is he plays for Zenit and is likely to come up against Hibbert....eek
Michael Newton
15   Posted 08/11/2007 at 12:00:35

I think Hibbert is on his way out in Jan, prob either Jags or Neville will be at right back. With the rumours about Hoyte possibly coming is he cuptied as not sure if he played for Arsenal in earlier games.
Also did not Arshavin play down the right, if I recall so its the left backs problem
Allan Hobbs
16   Posted 08/11/2007 at 12:22:48

Arshavin played down both flanks, and sometimes through the middle - he’s a quality player and will probably rip poor old Hibbo to shreds!
Michael Newton
17   Posted 08/11/2007 at 12:53:33

Howard
Hoyte Yobo Lescott Baines

Arshavin Cahill Carsley Arteta

Yakubu Vaughan

Subs: 5 from
Wessels, Gravesen, Neville, Jags, Johnson, Anichebe, Osman, McFadden
Michael Newton
18   Posted 08/11/2007 at 12:57:11

I forgot Pienaar sorry, if Moyes goes 5 in midfield put in on the left.
James Elworthy
19   Posted 08/11/2007 at 13:16:16

Having a squad that large with the quality of players on the bench sounds exciting Michael.
I for one would love to see the Russian Arshavin in a Blue shirt and hopefully after seeing him in the flesh and him sampling the Goodison atmosphere in December will see Moyesy going after him.

I am not sure about Hoyte. Wenger did give him an opportunity to start for a while and replaced him, I am not sure if he would be a big improvement on what we have including Hibbert. A promising right back is Danny Simpson at Utd but with G Neville on his last legs he may not part with him.