Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Pienaar

I see he is getting to the level we S'Effricans know he is capable of. I did mention in a previous post to give the lad time, and it seems to be paying off. Just as an aside, doesn't he remind you a tad of Arteta when he just got to GP? Had the talent, had the engine, but just had to adjust to the physicality of the PL.
Damascene Taylor, SA     Posted 09/11/2007 at 15:01:17

Comments

Brian Law
1   Posted 09/11/2007 at 19:40:55

he?s getting better game by game. He is a little lightweight but could be a good addition if he continues to improve and if we sign him permenantly,

He doesn?t remind of Arteta. Arteta has a lot more skill, pace and doesn?t mind the physical stuff, which he had experienced already up in Scotland before so didn?t really need to adjust much.

He reminds me more of Osman but with a little bit more skill.
Keith Glazzard
2   Posted 09/11/2007 at 19:41:01

Couldn’t agree more - I thought Moyes was playing a Premier L team, and a Euro team, and Steve Pienaar would suit the EUFA games. But he’s come on so quickly that he is now good for both.

People who say San Mikel is losing it don’t realise that he’s now just another superbly skillful player in our midfield, and I love to see him and Pienaar bringing out the skills and confidence in Leon and Lee. Tommy must be sitting and wondering what is going on. But what a luxury - a player like him on your bench.
Lue Glover
3   Posted 09/11/2007 at 19:52:25

Pienaar is a great talent and is certainly not afraid of getting stuck into tackles. Apart from his one moment of madness last night I think his performances have been excellent. He has provided incisive passes to feet (yes, those lumpy things at the end of the legs, not the lumpy thing on top of the shoulders) which have resulted in, well, several goals...no doubt someone will have counted.
He’s a good addition to the squad and I can’t imagine he’s anything other than a permanent fixture for the team. He may be small in stature but he’s a great player. Sign him up DM.
Dave Roberts
4   Posted 09/11/2007 at 19:59:58

Get him signed up NOW!!!
Dave Roberts
5   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:06:13

NOW!!!
Dave Roberts
6   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:07:16

His pass to Anichebe for the second goal was pure one-touch, visionary class but so easy to miss in the excitement. NOW Moyes, NOW!
Dave Roberts
7   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:11:26

NOW! Please?
Dave Roberts
8   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:13:02

He’s not a bad player that Pienaar!
David Barks
9   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:19:38

Dave,

I’m confused, what do you think we should do about Pienaar?
Dave Roberts
10   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:23:53

Sign him up! Do you think?
David Barks
11   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:31:06

He’s a classy player and by all accounts a descent bloke as well. I’m sure we’ll sign him, hopefully in January.
James Elworthy
12   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:32:10

Hasnt a fee been agreed if we decide to sign him which is a good idea as I am sure they would want more now.
Dave Roberts
13   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:32:44

David

I know we will and that is why I firmly believe our philosophy has changed. We are no longer a selling club and that, ergo, we are going places!
Dave Roberts
14   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:36:03

James,

I believe we have an option to sign him for £2.5m. But as ever, it depends on whether the player wants to sign. By all accounts Pienaar wants to stay. So away we go!
David Barks
15   Posted 09/11/2007 at 20:40:29

I share you optimism Dave, but at the same time keep my feet on the floor. We’re getting closer and closer, I like our squad options, but it is still very early in the season and this game against an in form Chelsea at the Bridge is going to be tough, especially coming off of a tough game on Thursday. I think we can get something from it, a bit worried about Arteta picking up a slight injury and Cahill is probably going to be a bit tired, but we can battle with any team. One thing that is in our favor for this game is Petr Cech being out and Terry out. We should challenge Cech with as many shots around the box as possible and let Cahill and Victor attack the rebounds. A draw to keep our unbeaten record going would be fantastic, but sneaking a win, if that happens then I think the sky is the limit for us.
tom morris
16   Posted 09/11/2007 at 21:28:43

Get him signed.

That’s all, really.
Blue Swede
17   Posted 09/11/2007 at 21:30:18

Has he sighned yet?
He better had do.
Carnt bear to loose another skillful one.
Could we not loose Nev.instead?
Stig Meacham
18   Posted 09/11/2007 at 21:38:25

Sign him instantly. We must not get Fernandes’d again. He’s ace and only improving.
Lee Heath
19   Posted 09/11/2007 at 21:40:15

Yeah, swap deal with Neville and Hibbert. C’mon Dortmund you’ll be getting an established England international here!!! Hehe.
Rob Hollis
20   Posted 09/11/2007 at 22:24:01

I think he sees an opening quicker than any other player we have and his passing is excellent. Want him signed as soon as possible.

If he looks good now imagine him getting the ball to feet more than 15% of the time.
Seamus Murphy
21   Posted 10/11/2007 at 00:27:09

Sign him now!!!!
Ricardo Humphries
22   Posted 10/11/2007 at 05:54:51

I don’t know if you guys know, but he was rated the best ball passer in Holland while playing for Ajax. I’ll agree with most of you guys, Moyes must sign him.
Sam Myers
23   Posted 10/11/2007 at 09:58:36

Pier Pier Pienaar, Pienaar, Pienaar Pier Pier Pienaar, Pier Pier-naar!!!