Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Past Player Query

Looking through your past players, I was looking for a Chris Green who I think played a few matches as an apprentice between 1960-1962. However I cannot find the name, can you help?
Chris Green, cheshire     Posted 14/11/2007 at 08:45:16

Comments

Michael Kenrick
There are many past players who never reached the first team. Sorry, but we have no record of them. As far as the statoes are concerned, they don't rate, I'm afraid. And it looks like the new Everton Stats section of the Official Website is not going to be of much help, for the same reason.

We have been compiling here on ToffeeWeb details of who has played for reserves and senior academy teams for the last 10 years, but I don't think that is going to help you.

The only recourse would be (a) matchday programmes of the era, or (b) newspaper articles that may list him having played for Reserves, A or B teams. Good luck in your quest.

Phil Bellis
1   Posted 14/11/2007 at 13:20:43

There was a COLIN Green around that time; although a reserve player, he was, I think, a full Welsh international so unlikely to be your man.
David Hall
2   Posted 14/11/2007 at 14:00:30

I think you are probably referring to Colin Green ,a left -back who played 15 league games for Everton during the period you mention. He was transferred to Birmingham City in 1962 and became a stalwart of their team throughout the 60s and beyond.He was also a regular in the Wales international team.
Steve Lynch
3   Posted 14/11/2007 at 14:13:47

Have you tried Soccer base? Not sure if it goes back that far though.
Lachlan Ross
4   Posted 14/11/2007 at 16:04:00

Born 1942.
Everton Youth 1957 - 59
Everton 1959-1962 App 15 Goals 1
Birmingham City 62/71 Apps 183 Goals 1
15 Caps Wales 1964-69
Chris Green
5   Posted 23/11/2007 at 14:40:04

I have now found him, he played in the reserves between 1961-1962, he also played for Northwich Victoria.
I have an old programme which also features Colin Green of the same period.
If anyone has any old programmes from that period I woud be interested!!!