Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

KEIOC

I may have missed a trick, but I emailed KEIOC after receiving one of their flyers off a beauty (!) at Goodison Park, and seeing the plane wizzing about the sky with its banner.

I agreed totally with their position about the threatened move to Kirkby, and asked for more information about who they were, how they were backed and how an exiled Blue could assist in their cause.

No response, so I sent another email. Still no response.

Is there anybody out there?
Doug Eaton, Sussex     Posted 14/11/2007 at 19:06:46

Comments

Dave Roberts
1   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:33:37

Doug,

While I am sure there are some genuine members or supporters of KEIOC who have equally genuine reasons for opposing the move to Kirkby, the hardcore are not really interested in you. The hardcore are really only interested in keeping the money flowing into their pubs, chippies and burger-bars on matchdays or ensuring that they don’t have to work too hard in getting to the match.
(These latter are the ones who don’t want to go to Kirkby but wouldn’t go to Speke either even though Speke IS in Liverpool) Ergo, Liverpool, the City, has got nothing to do with it. It’s all about, for one reason or another, wanting the Club on THEIR doorstep. You’re not, and that is why you can’t help them! That’s why they have not responded to your offer of assistance.
Wayne McNee
2   Posted 14/11/2007 at 20:47:44

"New Everton"'s Rubbish Dave!!
I dont wanna watch the game at the Fisher Price, Tesco Stadium... its crap & God knows how they think that naff promotional with Stubbsy is gonna sell the idea... I only hope he was forced into it!
Dave Roberts
3   Posted 14/11/2007 at 21:21:08

Wayne

I wasn’t talking about Kirkby I was talking about KEIOC. Not necessarily the same thing. If you want to join the Stadium debate it has just started up again from an article called ’Thanks but no thanks’. It’s quite interesting! (If a bit flogged to death!)
Mark Perry
4   Posted 14/11/2007 at 21:37:26

Wayne see if you can make a sentence out of the following:

Horse, Stop, A, Dead, Flogging.
Roy Coyne
5   Posted 14/11/2007 at 23:32:11

Dave please enlighten me on your super powers it must be great to read peoples minds ,I can only speak for myself as un like you I dont know what other people think unless of course you have asked them all yes a few might want to stay at Goodison If it was viable I would but like a lot of blues (those I have spoken to) I am absolutely against this toytown stadium its a disgrace to the history and yes I want to stay in Liverpool because I think we are making a terrible mistake in leaving would I like Speke I would go any where in our city boundaries but for a stadium that belongs to us we are Everton not some rag arse eleven
John Lloyd
6   Posted 15/11/2007 at 08:30:49

It looks shit.

I dont like it. Tescodome, souless, uninspired, bland, ikea?d....all correct.
Madejski, Pride Park, JJB, Reebok Stadium, Riverside. If you?ve been to any of them stadiums tell me thats what you want for Everton??

It looks shit
I?m not arsed about the politics, I?m gonna fight this tooth and nail. The location, the stadium...its all wrong. No-on, and I mean NO-ONE has come up with a list of proven guranteed positives that outweigh the negatives.

It looks shit.
It was said further up but United, Liverpool, Tottenahm, Arsenal, Newcastle all have excellent stadiums & none of them had to move very far or sell out so bad. We are as big as them so why are we?

It looks shite.
If the people in charge of this club cannot organise or convince this city of our importance & deliver us a stadium ina location we deserve then they should step aside before they are removed, simple as.

It looks shit.
Allan Hobbs
7   Posted 15/11/2007 at 11:14:16

Who do you suppose is going to remove them John? Seriously mate, this is business, you can’t just say you’re going to have people removed because they’re making a business decision you don’t agree with. I don’t mean to get into an argument with anyone over this, but the reality is that they run the club, not us, and if they make a decision which they believe is right theres bugger all we can do about it.

They feel that they’ve done their bit by us, by giving us a vote in the first place, and they will forever feel vindicated for that decision no matter what we say now.

I don’t like the look of it anymore than you do, but i can’t help but feel that its out of our hands. There isn’t any other concrete plan on the table, the KEIOC team are trying their hardest but they don’t actually have any financial backing to they?

The loop idea is a good one in some ways, but again where’s the money coming from?

The clubs hands are somewhat tied to be fair and I still believe they’re doing their best to deliver a viable solution to a problem thats never going to go away.

Bill Kenwright is a good bloke in my opinion, and he has nothing but Everton Football Club’s success in mind at all times.
John Lloyd
8   Posted 15/11/2007 at 11:41:20

Alan I havent got a suitable alternative.......for this apologise but just cos there isnt an alternative ,yet, doesn’t mean we should accept this horseshit being fed to us.
I previously had refrained from any calls to have anyone removed from anywhere, I even posted an article on here prasising Bills intentions after the Luton game, but I’ve had enough mate, when its going great guns he’s on tv/radio/internet all singing & dancing but when it was stadium debate time he hid behind Wyness like the scumbag shithouse he has shown himself to be.

Dont for one minute think that KW deserves your sympathy, for I believe it is him who has pushed, organised, cajoled this whole kirkby affair & the pile of shitestadium which they think will convince us.

Enough is enough, I dont need architects, people with financial nouse or yes voters with the get over it shouts to start responding to what I say because its SHITE, the whole thing fucking stinks. I dont know what my/our plan should be but I am not having it no-more. I was here before Agent Johnson, BK, Fat Wyness, and hundreds of other people & I’ll be here after.
Alan Ryder
9   Posted 15/11/2007 at 13:31:09

This thread has become a bit tangled. Doug wanted info on KEIOC.
Are you sure, Doug, you haven’t written to the other KEIOC. ’Keep Eating In Our Chippy!’ Or is it the same one...I don’t know.......... it’s confusing!! Sometimes I guess you don’t really understand what you are actually listening to, reading and being asked to follow.
Tom Hughes
10   Posted 16/11/2007 at 20:27:22

Doug try the KEOIC forum: http://forum.keioc.net/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=33ab9c258ec01211e5ac58da9f6fc87b

Dave Roberts: Of Runcorn?
None of the members of KEIOC have any businesses dependent on EFC staying in Walton..... be they chippies, pubs or whatever. I think only one even lives in Walton. Another even lives in Kirkby, but the far side so he wouldn’t even be affected by the proposals, except he could walk to the match, but he still doesn’t want it. They also have no interest in relocating to Speke ahead of Kirkby. I challenge you to find anything attributable to them that promotes the idea of Speke..... It does not exist, so how can you spout such slanderous lies? Everything you contribute has no grounding at all hence the endless fabrications. Meanwhile, could local Evertonians assume that given your home address you are merely trying to selfishly ensure that your car-ride to Kirkby along the expressway and M57 isn’t scuppered. By the way I used that expressway almost every working day for 6 years to get to kirkby from South Liverpool. The industrial estate employs only a few thousand people, many of whom are Kirkby residents. Even this small influx caused grid lock most rush hours, so you may be in for a rude awakening there, nevermind the ludicrously small carparking provision for a stadium so overwhelmingly dependent on car use.