Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

If you don't know your history or even if you do!!

Fellow supporters and lovers of anything royal blue, might be interested to know that Play.com have the new dvd "Everton - the Official History" due out on 3rd December for £14.99. Retail price is £19.99 so a saving of 25% ? helpful with all those Xmas gifts to buy and what a present!! And no, I'm not on commission.
Patty  Beesley, Carmarthen     Posted 15/11/2007 at 12:17:56

Comments

Michael Kenrick
... or buy it full price from the Everton megastore, and support your local football club in the process. Is it any wonder merchandising has taken another dive!
David Marsden
1   Posted 15/11/2007 at 13:24:05

How about the fucking carin? players takin? a fuckin? pay cut to help the club out!! Yer my arse!!
Fucked if I?m spendin? any bloody more to buy this DVD than the market dictates. Everton already take advantage of their price elasticity to over-charge for tickets (fundin? players 4x4 and shagging hookers). I fuckin? love Everton but I ain?t a muppet.
Amanda Huddleston
2   Posted 15/11/2007 at 13:44:58

NO NEED TO PAY!!

I have just joined lovefilm.com and there are 39 EFC titles to be seen including FA Cups, UEFA drama and season reviews.

Pretty good for £4.99! If you click on the link below I also get a free DVD so be nice (its almost christmas!!)

They’ve got every UK DVD available to rent, they deliver direct to your door and there are no late fees. Prices start at £3.99 but you can try it free for a month, no strings attached*, by clicking on the link below.

Peter Francis
3   Posted 15/11/2007 at 14:02:42

Surely buying it from the Everton megastore only benefits JJB, didn?t we outsource that along with virtually everything else!
Allan Hobbs
4   Posted 15/11/2007 at 14:11:28

I would emplore you all to listen to Amanda, she’s clearly a woman who knows what she’s talking to......and I assure you this has nothing to do with the fact that my company owns LoveFilm and the more money we make, the more money I make!

Keep up the good work Amanda! : )
Allan Hobbs
5   Posted 15/11/2007 at 14:13:26

’What she’s talking ABOUT’

Clearly I do not.
John Lloyd
6   Posted 15/11/2007 at 14:41:58

I liked the first response from David Marsden, I was in a similar debate about the kids kits when some smart arse (not you Kenrick) made a comment about no wonder we’re skint if Im paying on the cheap. Cheeky bastards, £5/600 season tickets, away games, transport, kits, everton TV, DVDs all bought and paid for and some idiot gets on to me with comments like that, was fucking fuming.
Michael Kenrick
7   Posted 15/11/2007 at 14:53:12

It just strikes me as perhaps the biggest logical disconnect:

Our love of the game and our loathing of the money in the game.

Our love for having some decent players and our loathing of the amount they have to be paid.

Our love of success and our loathing for the cost of that success in terms of what we as fans have to pay out.

I forgot about the outsourcing, that was a good point, Peter, and makes me feel happier that I continue to refuse to buy the shirt.
Stan Mullin
8   Posted 15/11/2007 at 15:33:25

Why not join the lovefilm.com or any other DVD rental scheme, then download DVD Shrink free from the internet, and copy ?I mean backup? every DVD hat comes in the post until you have all the Everton DVD collection? Then watch them at your leisure.
Its a no-brainer........
Roy coyne
9   Posted 15/11/2007 at 23:09:00

Sorry but from now on apart from my season ticket I am not spending a penny more than I need to,of course I will keep buying the new kits as they come out for my grandson but if I can get them cheaper I will as why should I give Kenwright and bully extra cash I have no faith in either
Franny Porter
10   Posted 16/11/2007 at 10:43:54

Michael,

to suggest people should pay an extra fiver for this dvd to support the club is a bit insulting to be honest.

Not everyone can afford to be forking out over the odds for club merchandise, the tickets are expensive enough as it is.

I would suggest the club should try and suppourt US, the supporters and sell the dvd at a lower price than on other sites. Surely this way their sales would go up and Bully Beef could get a few more scouse pies in for the xmas do!