Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Mandate

Although I don't recall the exact wording on the ballot paper, my understanding was that a "yes" allowed the club to continue discussions re. a move to Kirby. It was NOT a rubber stamping of any decision. Will all those who declare that the vote decided we are to move to Kirby please bear this in mind when posting. Yes and No voters alike need to remember this and urge the custodians of our Club to remain open-minded.

This should not be the end of the process but the start of doing what is best for Everton FC. This will the biggest decision this club has ever made. The vote happened we made our choices. We should not however close our minds to reviewing our decisions.

Please keep our minds open to the evolving situation and let's not be afraid to lift our heads above our entrenched positions. The vote is over the hard work should now begin.
Peter Jones, Wirral     Posted 15/11/2007 at 18:14:10

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Fine words, Peter (and I mean that sincerely) but unless they are paralleled bythe key decsiosn-makers at the club, it is merely pissing in the wind. The Club has one plan and one plan olnly and has no interest in alternatives. That surely is the message, clear as day.
Mick Mac
1   Posted 15/11/2007 at 18:44:30

I have been reading all the posts with reference to Everton?s Tesco dome or whatever you want to call it. I have to admire people?s loyalty to whichever side of the fence they are on.

There is still a lot of bad feeling following the vote and I have to say if I was leading the project I would be asking myself what damage that would do to the club and the supporters. I do hear a lot of criticism about what Blue Bill and Bully have done and how they are traitors to the Everton cause. Well they are leading it and so they are up there to be fired at. But I have to say, they have found a way for us to get a new stadium at a cost we can afford and after the vote all the name calling in the world isn?t going to get them to change their mind.

As for the shops being outside, wont matter diddly squat when you're inside watching the match, will it??

I do think that, if we could build a stadium where the Loop is (or anywhere else in Liverpool for that matter), it would be preferable. But what I don?t see is hard facts and figures and proposals or really any other alternative to that proposal. Bill and Bully have been able to push that argument to one side with relative ease because of its lack of facts and genuine offers of assistance from either a conglomerate or the Liverpool City Council.

I for one do not believe anything that the Liverpool politicians say any more than you believe Bill and Bully. But one fact remains. Their proposals are concrete and they are proving it. KEIOC and LCC are still singing the same song and the words are about as convincing as shangalang. So step up you sons of the brotherhood and show some Nil Satis Nisi Optimum and show a better way.

If someone came up with an opportunity which is so good for Everton to stay in the city ? a proposal which even the mighty terry Leahey would drop his jaw at ? then we might be in with a chance of staying in Liverpool. But that is just a distant dream of a far away place. It ain't gonna happen.

Varun Rajwade
2   Posted 15/11/2007 at 20:18:51

Micheal, the club gave us 2 alternatives and WE chose this one.. So do not spout this shit about no alternatives from the club.
Mick Mac
3   Posted 15/11/2007 at 20:48:35

Great link this for the vote against. Some great clips backed by a good song from a manchester band.

Eric Holland
4   Posted 15/11/2007 at 21:15:32

blah! blah! blah! same old vote no rubbish.Give it a rest, we are getting much needed financial backing and a stadium.

And the big players are Evertoinian’s.

COYB
Gerard Madden
5   Posted 15/11/2007 at 21:39:50

Peter Jones - just to refresh your memory on the what the question on the ballot paper was -

’Are you in favour of Everton Football Club relocating to Kirkby?’

Hope that clears it up for you!
Roy coyne
6   Posted 15/11/2007 at 22:54:33

Eric are you winding people up or are you really that stupid I can accept people voting yes but find it incredible after seeing the proposals that any one can still think tesco want to help us heres a clue for you how many of tesco shareholders are blues,do you think for one minute Terry(I cant call some one I dont trust sir)would put his job on the line we are the new Coventry or Bolton
Barry Bragg
7   Posted 15/11/2007 at 23:19:04

Peter the ballot Question is reproduced below. I think its pretty straightforward as was the result.

"Based on the foregoing information, the Board is inclined to pursue the building of a new stadium in Kirkby.
The Board promised to ballot Evertonians to ascertain their views on this move.

The question is ? are you in favour of relocating Everton Football Club to Kirkby?

If the answer is "No", no further negotiations on the current, proposed scheme will take place. If the answer is "yes", we will continue negotiations with our two project partners."
David Barks
8   Posted 15/11/2007 at 23:28:18

Barry,

Now look what you did. You went ahead and put the conspiracy to bed by showing the actual truth. How dare you. They much prefer to believe all who run Everton must be greedy, evil people who’s only goal is to destroy it. Oh wait, that was the previous owner.
Eric Holland
9   Posted 15/11/2007 at 23:23:38

Roy. Go on then how many Tesco shareholders are blues?

If we stay at fort Goodison we wont be anywhere near Bolton or Coventry in five years.
Tesco need Everton like a hole in the head
Everton need Tesco or we’ll be dead.
These people are businessmen they don’t throw away money unless they see some projected gain
coming their way.
So what do you think we should do Roy?
Same answer as to my first question.
Neil McKinney
10   Posted 16/11/2007 at 13:30:51

Peter - You speak a lot of sense. If people have issues about the current Kirkby proposals (whether you voted Yes or No) then people should continue to voice their concerns and lobby the board.

Some of the other posts on here are just antagonistic and pointless. It’s like kids bickering. How many Tesco shareholders are blues? What the fuck has that got todo with anything? Of course Tesco aren’t in it for nothing, what investor ever is? Doesn’t mean we’ll get screwed over.

Noticed somebody slagging of the "quality" of the new stadium design the other day on here, just after I’d read a piece about our finances being totally crap and asking how we were going to find the funding for Kirkby. Right, so we’re too skint to afford the tin pot Tescodome? How are we going to afford the wonder stadium that many fans are calling for? Many keep referring to our history warranting a top quality stadium. I agree, if only we could cash in a bit of history for some capital to build this wonder stadium.

In fact I can’t be arsed getting into an argument about it, I’m off. Enjoy your name calling
Tony Marsh
11   Posted 16/11/2007 at 16:01:13

Say what you like about the ballot for the Kirkby move but one things for sure the whole process was fucked up.Even now people talk of not recieving thier ballot papers untill it was to late,others recieving ballot papers who were not entitled to them.Thousands of papaers just going missing and some families not recieving the correct quota.How the fuck can any one say that the club had a mandate to proceed after the balls up that was made.I think BK and KW learnt a trick or 2 from the Republicans and George Bush in Miami at the last General Election state side.Bent as a 9 bob note>if you ask me.I can still smell the stench 6 months later.