Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Scotland vs Italy

International football does not bother me in the slightest, I hate everything about it, the media, the pundits, I could go on. But yesterday, as I was watching 11 Scots giving everything for their country, putting every last bit of energy into every tackle, I found myself screaming at the tele desperatly wanting them to score a winner.

The commitment and heart of captain Barry Ferguson now makes me look back and think, I wish he had of signed for Everton now. The one man that impressed me more than any other player, was Alan Hutton. A great defender but fantastic going forward too. He has everything, pace, dribbling, tacking and crossing. He is someone who I believe would greatly improve our side, and is also a realistic target. Surely Moyes is looking at making an offer for him in January. Maybe we could include Turner as part of the deal.
John  Murphy, Liverpool     Posted 18/11/2007 at 14:00:36

Comments

Ajay Gopalswamy
1   Posted 19/11/2007 at 05:37:46

The BBC is reporting that SAF is already tracking Hutton to bring him to ManU as a "long term replacement for Gary Neville".
Gavin Ramejkis
2   Posted 19/11/2007 at 08:08:32

Watched Hutton play for Rangers in Champions League whilst up in Scotland he is very good and great going forward too
Lee Spargo
3   Posted 19/11/2007 at 13:00:20

Ferguson was simply not good enough - he looked average at best for Blackburn. I’m glad we didn’t sign him, the midfielders that we have now are pretty good you know. I there’s one player that we missed out on, it was Fernandes. But enough has been said about that already.
Neil Styles
4   Posted 19/11/2007 at 15:00:57

I actually thought Boyde was great for the poor oul Scotts. Yeah I would like to have seen Ferguson at our place too. What I find so fascinating about the Scottish national team is that our Faddy is almost Godlike to the fans- he doesnt command half the adulation with Evertonians. Hes like two entirely different players.
glen strachan
5   Posted 19/11/2007 at 16:01:09

A fine wishful post , John but why would Hutton leave Rangers and their Champions league slot at a time when Man U is watching his every move in order to come to Everton ?

Sure it would be wonderful to unload the woeful Turner but why would Rangers want to buy our problem keeper ?

Take another look at our recent balance sheet and ask yourself how we could afford Hutton’s transfer fee or indeed his wages.

Nice try John but sorry - just can’t see it !
Roy coyne
6   Posted 19/11/2007 at 16:15:13

Im not saying hes not good but didnt Naysmith look better than when he played for us and Faddy always looks better in a Scotland shirt