Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Thank you, God!

I've waited years for my two young sons to "both" be of an age where they could sit through a full game and actually follow it and enjoy what their dad has enjoyed for more years than I'm going to admit to! They're ten and seven. The game I chose as their first ever? Todays against Sunderland!

I couldn't believe it. My life for those 90 minutes was just about as good as it gets... watching the two "little people" who mean most to me in the world jumping up and down in each others arms with genuine and absolute joy as the team who mean almost as much to me as my sons, played some mouth-watering sublime football.

On the radio driving back from the game the announcer said tonight's Lottery's a "seven" million-pound rollover....I wonder !!!!!!
Brian Williams, Wirral     Posted 24/11/2007 at 17:57:21

Comments

Dave Annal
1   Posted 24/11/2007 at 18:50:15

Brian

I know exactly how you feel - my daughter’s first game was the 5-0 defeat of West Ham five years ago (?). She’s been 100% committed to the cause ever since - today she was texting me the scores at work!

Does it get any better?
Ollie Michael
2   Posted 24/11/2007 at 18:52:21

Great story Brian. Its the stuff that life-time memories are made of!!!
Scott Eaton
3   Posted 24/11/2007 at 18:58:29

My son was the Carling Cup game v Luton the other week. He loved it being amongst fellow blues for the first time in his life, brings me tears just thinking about it! I know exactly how you felt.
Colin Southern
4   Posted 24/11/2007 at 19:13:22

My wife gave birth to a little Evertonian today ? weight 7.1lb... coincidence or what? I can?t wait until both my kids are old enough to go the game.
Tazzer
Dutch Schaffaer
5   Posted 24/11/2007 at 19:16:35

So this is like the 3rd time in 30 years that Everton have scored 7 goals in a single game?

Wow thats impressive. Well done Moyes and the boys.
Dave Wilson
6   Posted 24/11/2007 at 19:11:23

Nice one brian mate, your lads couldnt have had a better introduction
Dan Parker
7   Posted 24/11/2007 at 19:40:53

Just what football is all about!
Dave OBrien
8   Posted 24/11/2007 at 19:38:13

I must be getting soft - I can barely listen to an Everton song/tune without my eyes filling with tears. I don’t even come from Liverpool and none of my family does. When I was young I had no idea where Everton was geographically - yet I absolutely hated the RS from when I was tiny. I think it must be true - me a Southend wide boy? Maybe but I was born to be a blue - I was chosen and I thank the Lord for that. Days like these are so special - seven fucking one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to get completely hammered!!!!!!!!!
Phil Bellis
9   Posted 24/11/2007 at 19:41:17

Welcome to the ’family’ master/miss Southern; and Dutch...we’ve scored 7 more often than that - don’t forget the 8 - 0 games!!
Peter Pickles
10   Posted 24/11/2007 at 20:13:08

I took my nephew to the match whenever I was at home, his Dad had turned to golf as a weekend activity, and from the age of 6 till he was 11 he never saw us win. It never broke his spirit though. He’s 23 now and a diehard blue. And a shithot golfer. I go to the match with his Dad now. He goes with his mates, apparently I’m a jinx!!
Joe Jennings
11   Posted 24/11/2007 at 20:26:44

Link for ALL 7 GOALS

Be warned: It does buffer but worth it for those who are out of the country etc

Enjoy, folks

Paul Conatzer
12   Posted 24/11/2007 at 20:41:18

Thanks for the link for the goals, Joe. Brian, what a wonderful story. My grandfather took me to Goodison the first time when I was five.
Adrian Senior
13   Posted 24/11/2007 at 21:55:53

Talking about taking kids to the game...

I bought my sons first season ticket when he was 12, how come I’m still paying and he is 25 now?
Jimmy Jazz
14   Posted 24/11/2007 at 22:32:56

i smiled throughout that post mate. times like that remind you why following the blues can be the best of times.
John Lloyd
15   Posted 25/11/2007 at 09:45:18

Made up for your lads Brian, that is what its all about mate.

Let us know how you got on with the lottery too, I’ll have the champers on standby!! ha ha
Alex Naylor
16   Posted 25/11/2007 at 10:07:29

Can you take them every week please???
Joe Menlow
17   Posted 25/11/2007 at 21:35:53

I went the derby last year wen we kicked the red shits arse 3-0 and saturday was close to being as good as that the atmosphere was estatic the fans played a great part well done evryone that was there the mighty blues were unbelivable something else i would like to say is sunderland werent bad we were great COYBB lets win something this season we have got the team do and finally well done AJ