Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Christmas Shopping?

Just a quick question. Out of interest, when the team goes down to London for the 2 games against West Ham, will they stay down there? I was just wondering what the thinking would be on this by DM? Or what usually happens in these cirumstances.

Playing on Wednesday night, returning to Liverpool and then back down to London again for the Saturday game would seem like a lot of travel and wasted energy, time, training, tactics etc. to be lost.

If the squad do stay down would they be able to arrange and find a place to practise, train, phsio' etc. in the way they might before an FA cup final or away Euro match?

If they do stay down I suppose it could in some ways be used as a mini team bonding / working holiday when perhaps even some WAGS could get down for Christmas shopping?

As I say I am just interested to know what might happen in this particular circumstance.
Steve  Woods, Scotland     Posted 02/12/2007 at 17:07:26

Comments

John Coyne
1   Posted 03/12/2007 at 12:03:51

Steve,

Having been an ex professional I would imagine that the team would stay in London for the days following the midweek match. They would be travel down on the Friday before a Saturday match anyway.

The usual etiquette is to use either the facilities provided at the Hotel or use facilities provided by another club. For instance, my ex gaffer was very close to Mark McGhee at Millwall so before we played in London on a Saturday, we would travel down on the Friday morning and train at Millwall’s training ground on the Friday afternoon.

Not sure about the WAG’s - that’s not really DM’s mentality I wouldn’t have thought.

Steve Woods
2   Posted 03/12/2007 at 12:13:39

John, thanks for your comments as an ex pro’. I was pleased to hear that the likelihood is that they will spend a few days down there as it would seem to be the best option all round. I agree with your thoughts about the WAG,s too!

Fingers crossed then for a win in the QF game and nothing less than a point from the league match on the Saturday. COYB give us all a good Christmas.
Paul Clays
3   Posted 03/12/2007 at 12:27:07

Ex-pro, my arse!!!
Ex prostitute you mean John.
Sean McNally
4   Posted 03/12/2007 at 16:39:55

Who did you play for John Coyne???
Mike Kennedy
5   Posted 03/12/2007 at 20:13:59

Didn?t BK once say that the team flew to away matches over a certain distance I believe to be the equivalent of Birmingham. An hour flight to the City of London airport is not be too arduous.
James Elworthy
6   Posted 04/12/2007 at 12:55:38

WAGS & Shopping, leading up to some important games!! Your having a laugh.