Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

You're the Wanker, Faddy!

I just have to make a comment about McFadden's actions last night. I wast sat in the Lower Gwladys and after Faddy had made a complete hash of an easy square ball to the middle for a definite goal after seconds earlier messing up when he was clear through on goal, a fan in front of me shouted out to him asking him what he was doing and remonstrating to him that it just wasn't good enough (which it wasn't!).

Faddy told the lad to "fuck off" and gave the wanker sign to him. I thought this was absolutley unforgivable. I can understand Faddy getting frustrated with fans getting on his back but to be fair he deserved it last night because he was shite and us fans pay hard earned money to pay that little prick's wages and we should be able to vent our frustrations however we see fit.

He continually did the hard work by beating people but then failed to make a simple 5-yard pass to a blue shirt or he ran down blind alleys when an obvious pass was on to someone in a better position than him. Not only that but when he was substituted he acted like a spoilt little child and slowly strolled off (despite us still being at 0-0) obviously upset at being taken off, which he had no right to do.

Not only was he the worst player on the pitch in a blue shirt he has become a liabilty to our attacking play and continually breaks up any decent attacks we make. Hopefully Moyes seen both incidents last night and will sell him in January to one of the big 2 in Scotland.
Paul Clays, London     Posted 06/12/2007 at 12:36:28

Comments

Nick Entwistle
1   Posted 06/12/2007 at 13:44:53

I’ve got no problem with that. From his point of view that’s the last thing he needs to hear... not that I’m against it either.
We’re allowed to give it, and if he thinks its right, he can give it back... don’t be precious.
Joel Grates
2   Posted 06/12/2007 at 13:46:39

Leaving only AJ and Vaughan (if we are lucky enough to have them both fit?!) up front for possibly 6 weeks...great idea that.

But then I suppose we could use the money to get Ronaldinho for £10mil
Rob Hollis
3   Posted 06/12/2007 at 13:50:54

In that particular incident Andy Johnson ran in too quickly and did not give McFadden the option of passing it back towards the penalty spot from where a goal would have been easy (as long as it was not an actual penalty.)

McFadden and Johnson are both good players but were an awful combination. They spent the first half hour not knowing where the other one was and the rest tripping each other up. If McFadden was not pissed off with the way things went then I would be concerned, not the other way around.
Declan O'Shaughnessy
4   Posted 06/12/2007 at 13:51:36

Personally, I?m amazed that McFadden gets so little stick from fans, especially on this site. For me, he?s consistently poor. His vision, control, finishing, pace and intelligence are all below that of what I?d expect from a much-hyped player.

Having said that, perhaps he suffers in my mind in terms of my expectations for him. For instance, I have no problem with a lack of work-rate from Yakubu, or a lack of control from Johnson, because I don?t think it?s their strong points, and I think they will both consistently score goals. But McFadden is not an out and out goal scorer, so I expect him to compensate in other areas.

If we did get an offer in the region of £5m for him in January, then I think we should take it. I don?t think it would leave us that light up front, but we could always reinvest the money in another centre-forward, or on a loan deal.

It?s nothing personal against McFadden; it?s just that I?ve never seen him do anything to suggest that he?s good enough for Everton.
Paul Lenehan
5   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:02:01

I thought faddy did ok last night. As regards the square ball to AJ that was messed up, if you look at AJ?s run he didn t do Faddy and favours and made it more difficult than it should have. I thought he held the ball up well and wasn?t as wasteful as previous performances I have seen from him.

Fans are entitled to voice there opinions, but I agree with Nick players are entitled to voice theirs. In the heat of battle things are said and done so what. Leave on the pitch and move on.
Nick Flack
6   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:14:59

I don?t think anyone played well last night, Neville and Lescott aside. We played at too high a tempo, nothing stuck, balls constantly either over hit or being over-ran. The skill is there, we just needed to take the foot off the pedal a little.

As the old advert said, Power is nothing without control.

As for the initial comment, if you give it out, it?s gonna come back. Remember Cantona! The lad in the Gwladys got off lucky by the sounds of it. ;-)
Rob Sawye
7   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:18:57

Faddy plays better for Scotland because the fans seem 100% behind him and he buzzes off that.
At Goodison there is an edge to the fans re. McFadden and there are many itching to have a go as soon as something doesn’t come off (admittedly too often).
I susepct he will only truly blossom at a Club where he feels the fans are "with him" as with the national team.
Faddy can be infuriating (though he has matured in the past 18 months) but we should acknowledge our own influence on his form.
Stan Sheppard
8   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:26:17

I thought that both he and Johnston were poor last night as was the idea to pair them together. We just don?t seem as strong when we go 4-4-2.

There are times when I think that Faddy would need to take the Tin mans place on the yellow brick road, go see the wizard of Oz and get some heart. He rarely passes at the right time, tries to beat one man to many, can?t run, gives up to easilly and lacks consistency.

Then there are the flashes of brillance which I only wish we?d see more often. Perhaps his lashing out last night was one of frustration as he realised that with competition for places being so strong he has once again failed to impress.
Dave Bennett
9   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:18:37

Surely everyone sticking up for faddy has to be Scottish? He has been consistently pants since arriving at Everon!
Fair enough, he has scored a couple of good goals, but so have others in the team from postions further back in the field and it doesnt make them good strikers.
I would definately prefer to see the Yak, AJ, Vaughan, Ancichebe, Cayhill and even Lukas Jutkiewicz before him!

If we got offered 4 or 5 million for him in January, we should snap it up
Chris Mylde
10   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:34:13

I thought Faddy looked way sharper than AJ last night and was surprised when Faddy was taken off rather than AJ. You have got to admire AJ’s work-rate, but at the moment he is just running around like a headless chicken and yes - he did spoil Faddy’s opportunity with his ill-timed run early in the second half.

I think the fans need to get behind Faddy, who has proven what an impact player he can be. He scores important goals and he is now leveraging his technical ability way better than he used to when on the wing. His play has definitely matured over the last year.

I say keep all our five strikers - there are enough games to go around - get behind them and they will keep making us proud.
Ed Casey
11   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:31:19

I think its about time for him to go for the sake of his own career if not for the good of EFC! He hasn’t broken in to the team in four years of trying and now there are some good youngsters coming through that will push him further down the pecking order. I think he is a half decent striker and will undoubtedly do well at a different club much in the same way as Beattie has since leaving. He had a good qualifying campaign with Scotland and I think its time we cashed in whilst thats still fresh in the memory!
My money says that Faddy will be playing for Birmingham come the end of January - and if they haven’t picked up many points by then and are up to their necks in a relegation battle then they’ll most likely pay top dollar - which will be about 4mil!
Chris Mylde
12   Posted 06/12/2007 at 14:59:59

David Barks
13   Posted 06/12/2007 at 15:06:59

These players get called every name in the book by their own supporters when they make a mistake so I have no problem with McFadden telling that person Fuck off. That’s a great way to motivate our own players. McFadden had a poor game yesterday but the last thing he needs is his own supporters turning on him. And I’m sure that fan was just remonstrating that is just wasn’t good enough, not swearing at him or anything like that. Give me a break.
Nick Wall
14   Posted 06/12/2007 at 15:00:54

I thought Faddy played well last night - a busy performance, several nice touches and quick passes. The square ball to Johnson was not a bad idea - Johnson just didn’t make himself sufficiently available. He’s a really good squad player, Moyes obviously doesn’t want to sell him, maybe he will go if we’re offered enough money, but I’ll be sorry to see him leave.
Andy Ellams
15   Posted 06/12/2007 at 15:13:21

Not good enough, never will be. Sell him and buy a youngster. We have four other strikers (including Johnson who I also believe is out of his depth) and as we tend to play 1 up front, surely that is plenty. As for cover during ANC, I’m sure we can pick up somebody else in January, even if it’s just on loan til May.

Other priority has to be a centre half, with Yobo and Stubbs out we look dangerously short in that area.
Alan Codd
16   Posted 06/12/2007 at 15:40:00

McFadden is constistantly inconsistant and hopefully Mcleish will come in and take him off us.
What's frustrating is that you know he can do it but eventually he ends up being shite all the time.
Ive no problem with him telling some arsehole to fuck off , what's good for the goose is good for the gander in my books.
And why fans think they can treat someone like a piece of shit just because they have paid to get in is beyond me.
Sam Morrison
17   Posted 06/12/2007 at 16:12:45

Have to agree with those who stick up for Faddy - in terms of giving him verbals anyway. He?s paid to play, it doesn?t say in his contract he has to take abuse. Give him stick if you must but don?t start crying if he gives it back.

Playing wise I do rate him but it?s true he?s inconsistent and sometimes frustrating. He needs to be the big fish in the pond for it to work for him and doesn?t suit rotation/resting.
Stuey Brandwood
18   Posted 06/12/2007 at 16:45:40

Good for Faddy for standing up for himself. Don?t give it out if you can?t take it back. Fans criticism seldom improves a player. McFadden was guilty of trying too hard to make something happen...that?s all. He didn?t have a good game but I?m sure he didn?t need the Gwladys St to tell him that.
Mark Griffiths
19   Posted 06/12/2007 at 16:58:46

Is it just me or is AJ really starting to dissapoint more and more?

Ok, he was not fully match fit last night, but can you remember him really putting a great run of fine performances together and banging in at least 15 goals??

I guess i am saying, if the West Hams etc are really sniffing around him and would pay silly money (12m+) then should we take it??

I have this feeling that we have already seen the best of him if you know what i mean??

As for Faddy, well, he is that luxury player who can win games but alot of the time is average at best. If we were offered 4m and moyes has an idea of better forwards for around that money then i would sell.
Jay Campbell
20   Posted 06/12/2007 at 17:32:16

Sell him to any mob in Scotland tha want’s him. What are we gonna do sit around and wait for this clown to come good?? We’ll be waiting 4ever.

4 million ta-ra!!!
Barry Cass
21   Posted 06/12/2007 at 17:28:55

Personally, January can’t come quick enough as he gets more frustrating every time I watch him play ! Can’t believe he started ahead of Yak or Anichebe or for that matter Osman. He is not good enough as he cant keep the ball.

I’ve no problem with him swearing back at a fan but think he needs to be a player first before developing an attitude like he has got. He shook his head when his number was put up then walked slowly off the pitch.

Mr McLeish’s number anybody ?
Stew Marsland
22   Posted 06/12/2007 at 17:44:37

I thought the fan sitting in front of us last night having a go at Mcfadden was well out of order,after all it was his goal that got us in the group stages dont forget that,he tries hard and us fans should get behind him.What is the point in moaning at one of our players like that is it really contributing anything worthwhile?
Jon Sellick
23   Posted 06/12/2007 at 18:19:36

Jimmy McFuckup was a disgrace last night. No coincdence that the great run we’re on has come without him in the side. His attitude and general demeanour has never been good enough for a club like ours. Last night’s outburst was unforgiveable in my eyes - you don’t insult fans who pay your wags (it’s a cliche but it’s the truth). Asthe side get gradually better and the football gets more fluent, he looks ever more out of place. he’s not on the same wavelength as our better footballers. You’re the wanker Faddy - apologise and improve or piss off to McCliesh at birmingham - they’ll love your one wonder goal every six months.
Anthony Newell
24   Posted 06/12/2007 at 18:26:30

Thank goodness there is somebody on my wavelength. He was truly fucking abysmal last night and I can’t understand why he keeps getting a chance, get rid FFS whilst there are clubs who will pay an over inflated price. From his body language and the way he swaggers/lopes about the pitch he obviously thinks he is something really special. He is not, he is fucking useless and I found myself screaming at his woeful performance last night. Anch or Vaughan any time of the week. Send him on his way!!!!
Danny Goodier
25   Posted 06/12/2007 at 18:25:49

Regardless of whether hes been shit or not, how the fuckin hell are you going to motivate the lad when your telling him hes shit constantly.

If that was me, it would motivate me to take the piss even further, no, im not saying he is.

Its obvious the lads talented, but hes in and out the team every week - no extended run, no confidence, no confidence, NO GOALS!!!!!!!!!

If a lad who tries hard, bangs in the odd goal and lays a bad pass every now and then is the worst thats happening to us, then im happy with that.

I remember the days of shite like Madar, Bakayoko Etc who could find their own fuckin head let alone the net.
Chris Masey
26   Posted 06/12/2007 at 18:54:01

He’s shit, I too was in the Gwaldys Street and till he went off it was ten against ten. He’s slow, weak, can’t pass, but now and gain pops up with a great goal. Anichebe and Vaughan must have been furious they weren’t picked ahead of him! Get rid, his attitude stinks too.
Jani Kukkohovi
27   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:01:03

Personally I feel that its disgrace to have "supporters" like that. Maybe we have different way of thinking towards our own team in here than you, but I just dont get it. Obviously he is better for Scotland because there fans are behind him and supporting even when he’s not performing that good. Maybe things started to go wrong long time ago when DM played him as a winger (where he should not be) and people started turn against him. Atleast I’m not shouting Ossie to f**k off or that he is a wanker even that most of time he’s not that good (for example). Even I like Faddy, we probably should sell him, because now there is maybe some chances to get good money and it really seems that there is no future for him in Everton. It would need long run in first11, even without goals with good support (like AJ has got many times).
Brian Taylor
28   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:17:45

Whats all this nonsence, I thought Faddy played well last night and I thought Moyes should have taken off AJ first. Fads alongside Vic would have been interesting as Fads can profit from Vics flick ons.

AJ made the Fads pass impossible, for me and this may be controversial but I think AJ ranks last in our roster of 5 strikers, i was shocked we gave him a new deal and no doubt bumper payrise so early into a 5 year deal. For me he lacks confidence and natural abilty, West Ham £12m - i’d bite their hands off!

Fads is a maverick no doubt but for me he’s good enough to play for everton!
Chris Masey
29   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:27:54

Brian, are you blind and scottish?
Mike Neely
30   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:19:04

Let,s get one thing straight.Until he came up with the goal , precious Timmy was far worse than Faddy.Did we see anyone giving him any shit? I think not.Furthermore have a look at the ratings in the daily papers.Ithink they show Faddy played quite well. It,s obvious that even if he scored every other game it wouldn,t be enough for those who have made their minds up and just plain don,t like the lad,but while he,s on the pitch in a blue shirt he,s one of us and We,ll fight fight fight with all our might etc.........
Brian Taylor
31   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:36:28

Fads has been unlucky with injuries lets not forget, 05-06 he showed how dangerous he could when he gets a consecutive run of games under his belt and lets not forget but for his goal in kharkiv we’d have been out in the 1st round!
Selling him for 4-5 mill at 24 would be a giveaway, give him a new deal and a fair chance to show hes worthy of the shirt.
Nick Thomas
32   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:53:28

Faddy has a right to tell people to do what he likes if they are not getting behind the boys when they really need it (in that instance -faddy either had to have passed it when he first took it or shoot -he took the wrong option in hindsight only!!!) -i was disssapointed about his reaction to bieng taken off , he showed a lack of respect, but then if he is bieng given continual stick then he isnt going to be positive back -i felt and not for the first time in europe the tactics were wrong -AJ and Faddy is a nogo -AJ needs to play with Victor or Yak, and Faddy should be used as a spare striker!!! -but they are not a 2 in a 442 formation (but what do i know). -i think the weakst player on the park was jags -but its not surprising since hes expected to play in more positions than a high class hooker!!!
Micky Norman
33   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:54:19

It’s a pity things haven’t worked out for the lad but let’s face it, he’s a Scottish League or Championship player. At the top level a player needs skill, fitness and consistency. He’s shown that he doesn’t have all 3, neither did Beattie. Faddy would be a superhero in a lower level of football. Let him go, cash in while his value’s up, and give the kids a go. But we should wish him well .
PS A+ for the submission code.Quality
Gerry Western
34   Posted 06/12/2007 at 19:39:18

A fairly broad spectrum of opinions on this one but I have to say the criticisms of Mc Fadden are way over the top I have to agree with those who who have sought to defend him and incidentally I’m not Scottish not that I think ones nationality has any bearing. For me Andy Johnson will never form a partnership with any of our strikers and if we need to get rid of anyone I gladly pack Andy Johnson’s bag he was simply awful last night and has been for some time.

It was unfortunate for Mc Fadden that he was unlucky enough to be chosen to play alongside him as was Victor who suffered the same fate. I could understand the criticism if Mc Fadden was being given a run in the team and was consistently under performing but I’m afraid the lad is simply not being given a chance.

Compare his situation with that of Osman who in the past has been totally anonymous in many games and yet was continually given opportunities to redeem himself likewise Andy Johnson. Lets give the lad more opportunities and then judge him. As for the fan who was abusing him Faddy was able to demonstrate that not only is he a talented player, he is also an excellent judge of character.
Roy Coyne
35   Posted 06/12/2007 at 23:02:44

Like most fans I get frustrated with Faddy as his choice of pass tends to be poor,but on this occasion I thought AJ was at fault and I believe if we sell Faddy we will regret it in years to come and I dont agree with abusing any player in our team no matter how bad they perform its Moyes job to let them know its not acceptable , But I am amazed why should any person being abused give it back are we such timid chaps that we can give it out but not take it.I remember all the fuss about Fowler but the guy was slaughtered at every game and when he had the chance togive it back to us he did fair enough if you dont want to be insulted or what ever dont abuse them first if Faddy came out in the papers being critical of the fans or club I would then expect Moyes to take action but for replying in kind to one fan get real I remember Dave Mckay getting stick playing for Derby at Goodison and as he left the field this guy was screaming abuse at him and Mckay walked to where this guy was and invited him to meet him at the players entrance after the game the lad never uttered another word
Andy Callan
36   Posted 07/12/2007 at 12:23:38

McFadden is shite and we should get rid of him as soon as we can. He is a liability.

The lad who he called a wanker should write to the club and ask for an explanation of McFailures actions. I would be interested to see if he gets a response.