Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Good talent, can Lance Davids be the answer?

I've just read an article about 22-year-old Lance Davids who's on trial at Blackburn. I previously tipped this player to make make the grade in England, and I also mentioned that this player would make a good signing for us! I really think Moyes should have a go at this player, he's tipped to be South Africa's next diamond. He plays for Swedish side Djurgardens FC. Still, should he impress boss Mark Hughes this week then he may win a dream move to the Premier League.

"It has gone well," he tells KickOff.com. "I am staying with Benni [McCarthy], so he has been making me feel at home. The weather has been pretty bad though!"

Lance Davids played for 1860 Munich, but opted to move to Sweden when 1860 got religated from the top flight in Germany. That same year he made his Bundesliga debut and was named young player of the year. His also named in Parreira's AFCON squad alongside Steven Pienaar for SA squad. Should be a great signing for us!
Ricardo Humphries, Cape Town, RSA     Posted 07/12/2007 at 17:25:57

Comments

Michael Kenrick
FM Alert!!! Do you really think if he's having trials with Blackburn that he will be signed by Everton? And do we actually want any more AFCON players?

"Should be a great signing for us! " ? Ricardo, there is absolutely no indication (other than your sweet dreams) that he is even remotely considering signing for us!

Dave Reiner
1   Posted 07/12/2007 at 20:08:10

A warning, Ricardo - all attempts to identify lesser-known up & coming players from lesser-known leagues who can help Everton will be ridiculed on this site as Football-Manager inspired pipe dreams. I speak from experience. Only the following players can be mentioned:
Wright-Phillips (sucks, would never come)
Riquelme (would never come)
Gareth Barry (sucks, would never come)
Joey Barton (sucks, belongs in prison)
Scott Parker (sucks)
David Nugent (sucks)
There may be a couple more overpriced route-one football shit eaters I forgot, if so I apologise to all overpriced shit-eating punters of obvious passes. Apparently Sven, Wenger & Ferguson are nothing more than FM-addicted nerds sitting in their mother’s basement, how else would they have signed all these relatively obscure foreigners BEFORE they hit their prime for below market value?
A team could be picked out of the Eredivisie, Ligue One, MLS, Mexican League, etc. (combined) that would play us OFF THE FIELD. Keep that in mind when summarily dismissing such players as ’rejects’, ’castoffs’ etc. If we are to improve it will be by finding international diamonds in the rough (Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Howard (MLS roots), etc.) & handpicking the stars from poor, relegated, or lower division teams (Lescott, Baines, Jagielka), not by paying 9 million pounds for Gareth Barry to hit 4 yard passes back to Phil Neville.
Louis Huglin
2   Posted 08/12/2007 at 03:47:32

Answer?

What’s the question?
Henrik Nygren
3   Posted 08/12/2007 at 14:25:06

Ricardo/
No way, i´m from Sweden and hes pure shite! Doesn´t even play for the first team.. Go for the young Britain players, Gosling and that Cardiff defender(forgot his name).
Ricardo Humphries
4   Posted 08/12/2007 at 16:49:43

Brittish players don’t make the grade in their own leagues!
Ricardo Humphries
5   Posted 08/12/2007 at 16:49:43

Micheal, I understand your point and clearly you know jack about talented footballers! It’s about time we all must start to identify "diamond" players. Name one player at Arsenal that was well-know before their manager introduced them to the Premiership? Arsenal squad is mostly made up by who is unknown and played in less competitive leagues! Surely it?s about time we do the same. Get some good talent and bring it to the club. Just for the record, 2 years before Pienaar was named in the Champions League squad for 2004/2005 while playing for Ajax Amsterdam he was playing for Ajax Cape Town who was fighting religation every season in the South African PSL. It’s time we bring in real talent, we as fans have a hunger to play Champions League football. If you settle for shit and overpriced players, that’s the results you’ll get!! Why is it that the cheapest players always produce the best result? Let?s calculate the prices Wenger paid for his current squad? Peanuts!! I think we need to go to lesser known leagues, identify quality players and start building a squad capable of competing in Europe. To be honest, at the moment we sit with only about 7 class players in our squad, and in my book that not good enough.
Michael Kenrick
6   Posted 08/12/2007 at 17:12:56

Ricardo, I?m an Everton fan. I?m not a great fan of football to be honest as it is so full of shite. The point is that this is all just so much FM rubbish as far as Everton is concerned. You have (I'm assuming) nothing whatsever to do with the Everton heirarchy or the scouting system (if you did, this is not what you would be doing!), so pretendeing that you are some great talent scout who can somehow help out the Blues by doing your bit to finger upcoming talent is Just so bogus it really doesn?t even merit any comment.

My focus is entirely on Everton and the players we actually have. That?s called keeping it real. Any discussion of possible future Everton players is total fantasy... up to the point where we are actually linked to them.

Then it becomes partial fantasy... up to the point where we actually sign them.

Then, and only then, it?s REAL. And that?s all I?m interested in.

Ricardo Humphries
7   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:11:26

Michael, it’s nice to see theres guys like you keeping the Everton flag flying, but be very sensitive on making rude comments. The is guys out there that knows the game better than us, give them the right to air their opinion. Fans opinion aint always the same. You have yours, and the same with me. Let’s just agree to focus on one thing, not to disagree over kak!
David Gallant
8   Posted 10/12/2007 at 11:26:15

LOL. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant thread this! Ricardo, I have been reading your recent contributions with great glee my Capetonian comrade! It is nice to have known what a gem of a little player Pienaar was waaaaaaaay before he started turning it on in the blue shirt. It is also great to see somebody having a go at the easy-to-please (not), serial-wet-blanket that is Michael Kenrick, who even now is not content with our progress but insists on citing facts like that we have not beaten a team above ourselves in the PL yet. Factual it may be and yet, as is so often the case, hardly indicative of the ’reality’ of things. I wonder, Michael, what the excuse for your general pessimism relating to all things Moyes will be once that particular monkey is off our back. You wanted goals, we tonked Sunderland 7-1. You were clamouring for hat-trick, the Yak obliged. Will you give David Moyes the kudos he deserves when we beat a team above us?

I shan’t hold my breath...
Keith Mukhram
9   Posted 27/03/2008 at 10:13:11

Hey Ricardo Lance is a awesome player very versatile, I think he went for trials at arsenal at the age of 17 but didn't make it but is going to be a world class player, critics watch one of his games at club level.