Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Rooney

Listen, I know this may upset some people, but is there any other Evertonian out there who watches Man U just to watch "the lad" do well or hope that he scores a goal?
George Brooks, India     Posted 08/12/2007 at 17:22:58

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Not when our lads are playing at the same time... what the hell is the matter with you!?!

Where you watching that shower while our lads were putting on an exceptional second-half display? Shame on you!!!

Dan Parker
1   Posted 08/12/2007 at 17:41:38

Your comments don’t upset me, I just wouldn’t watch the red shit play.

He’s not our player anymore, simple as that.
Tony Horne
2   Posted 08/12/2007 at 17:56:45

I would love to watch Rooney play. As soon as he gets back here to be a part of what football should be, instead of everything it shouldn’t, then perhaps I will.........
Gavin Ramejkis
3   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:01:50

What a ridiculous question, sorry but have no interest what he is up to be it shagging grannies or kissing his badge for Man U, he has nothing to do with this club anymore
George Brooks
4   Posted 08/12/2007 at 17:46:32

Dear Mr Kenrick, or dan parker for this matter, don?t you dare condescende me, i love EVERTON more than you (how immature but i do) but you have to admit, if the toffee?s are not on and you have to watch Man U, you watch them in the sincere hope that "the lad" does well.

I?m just as frustrated as you as to how things went,and what he said, what moyes said, We know, (yes we know) when you grow up an Evertonian you ARE an Evertonian. He?s a proffesional footballer, you can?t blame him for doing what he did. Yes,ok,with our present team I also think that he would benefit, but for god?s sake he?s one of us, its only because of certain factions of Evertonians that he?s decided to turn against us. Well sod you all, I hope you become the NEXT England manager Michael Kenrick, see if you have any discriminations then?

Brian Waring
5   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:08:48

George the only reason I would watch Man U is to see them get twated(apart from next week) why would I want to watch Rooney?I hold no ill-feeling towards the lad, but I couldn?t give a fuck what he does in footballing terms for the rest of his career.

Also why would you start a silly thread like this when we have just won 3-0?
At the end of the day this is a site about Everton not about Rooney.

Chad Schofield
6   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:11:53

George, why ask such a question and then start ranting when people come back with their answers?

I loved Rooney, and raved about him to anyone who would listen as he came through into our first team and then started playing for England. However, yes you can blame him. I’m sorry but saying that he is a professional footballer does not justify firstly his initial actions of basically forcing his way away and then his subsequent behaviour and comments since playing for them.

He may have been young, taken in by promises of success from their players and agent etc etc, but he is responsible for his actions.

He is a very talented individual, but also basically a cunt. When I see him play or a highlight of a stunning goal he scores it’s a bit like seeing an ex looking looking gorgeous... you wish for a moment that it was one of the good moments with her in the past, but soon remember why you are not still together.

Rooney will never be back. He burnt his bridges - end of.
Tom McCann
7   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:23:02

[Message removed: we don't do juvenile txt-speak and we don't do ALL CAPS. Thanks!]
Matthew Lovekin
8   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:13:50

I only watch Rooney when I have to, e.g. when Everton play Man U and all I hope then is that he breaks his leg or misses an open goal.

I was devastated when he left and it was Rooney who got my 4-year-old boy into football and Everton, and had to tell him that Rooney had left. But one thing is for sure, is that the Club is always bigger than anyone, be it a player, manager, chairman or anyone else.

My pride was restored when we got into the Champions League that season after Rooney (and Gravesen) left and the Club lives on. I think that achievement was hugely underestimated and still is. All the pundits had tipped us to go down, and how many clubs outside the ’big 4’ have actually qualified for the CL since it started? We had not only a very small squad but no big names at all. Look at all the other ’nearly’ big teams and how much they have spent to not qualify.

On the other hand, when watching England I hope Rooney does well cos he probably is the best player England have got and our one ray of hope and is pleasing to know that he started at our club and came through our academy.

But pull on the red and I hope he rots....
George Brooks
9   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:17:52

Brian, I could not agree with you more, it was just a query I wanted to throw into the mix. Yes, today was a good day at the office (oh how good that sounds), just that as you know, they are on the box more often than usual, so seeing as they are, I like to see the lad do well. If that's wrong then sorry!
Trevor Thompson
10   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:25:24

Simple answer: HELL NO!!
Christopher James Winslet
11   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:23:15

Actually George I think I know what you mean. I understand that supporting a football club produces a full range of emotions and that different fans feel things differently. One of the joys of coming onto this site (a thousand thanks Michael, by the way) is to experience a broad response to different things that happen - from Dutch and Doddy to Tony and Gavin. So I’m interested in any ex-Everton player and I think it’s OK to be proud of what they achieve in their careers later on; none of us (I presume) know Wayne personally and what external pressures he was subject to when he left as a very young and impressionable man. I don’t think he would ever have been a mate of mine but if he had that wouldn’t change if he switched employers.

So I would watch a game he was playing in as a football fan and not a Rooney hater.

Like every Everton fan I do though have more affection for the current squad; "feed the Yak and he will score!!!!"
Mike Oliver
12   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:37:53

Rooney makes my skin crawl. I even don’t like Ricky Hatton cos he’s mates with Rooney! Sad I know but that’s how much I can’t stand rooney.
Peter Pridgeon
13   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:35:36

George
Rooney has the same importance as Beattie, Simon Davies and Francis Jeffers and any other ex Everton player, I take an intetest but would not waste my time watching them.
Your immature outburst is about a pathetic as it comes, possibly somewhere near Tom McCanns juvenile text speak.
Peter Eastoe
14   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:44:48

Hey...another Wayne Rooney thread. There hasn’t been one for...errrr...five minutes.
Not that some people are obsessed or anything !
Dan Parker
15   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:48:55

I’m sorry George but where in my comment do I condescend you?

I was merely giving my opinion.

How can you possibly claim that you love Everton more than someone else?

If you’re going to react like that, please don’t pose the question for us to answer in the first place.
Mick Simo
16   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:49:32

What a stupid post it is just so irrelevent to this site. Do us a favour George ? go and watch the Teletubies or put your Rooney slippers and PJs on and go to bed with your Manure teddy
George brooks
17   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:42:03

Thank you christopher,i also hate the way he does things,but as a football fan,and as an EVERTONIAN,you have to admire the lad,i’d love to be just like all the other minorities and hate him,but ,i can’t,He’s an England International for gods sake,and he’s from croxteth.I’ll even be willing to bet that even tony marsh know’s what i mean.By the way,redshite have just gone 3-1 down,oh happy day’s.x
Mark Pendleton
18   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:57:25

George, you should be stripped naked, hosed down with pure honey and thrown to the bees.

I follow and in some cases support some players who leave EFC, some others quite frankly i don’t give a rats left testicle about. It all depends on the circumstances in which players leave. Mr Rooney has proved himself to be a contemptible little spoiled sh!t and the only pride i have is that our youth system managed to produce such a talent.
Bobby Wallow
19   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:49:36

Rooney is a twat for everthing he has done and said but Kenwright is a bigger twat for selling him and doing a shit deal. What did we really get for him? Not the fee reported.
Peter Eastoe
20   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:02:55

’Kenwright a bigger tw*t than Rooney’.

Wallow by user-name wallow by nature

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!
george brooks
21   Posted 08/12/2007 at 18:56:47

Dan,and mick simo,sorry boy’s,it was just a quiery,i do not have any rooney paraphanalia,i do however like you,have all my Andy King and Bob lachford quilt cover’s,God i hate him,He’s such a wanker,in fact,if ever i meet him i’ll twat him and say "Thats from all of us" x
Michael Kenrick
22   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:06:57

Thanks, George. You have provided in your infantile responses the perfect illustration of why I usually don’t allow this kind of stupid mail to even see the light of day. But I was in a good mood for some reason come 5 pm GMT... perhaps because I’d been watching Everton and not fucking Man Utd.

No grow up or I might be inclined to delete the entire thing! And yes, that’s called censorship. Live with it!
Dave Roberts
23   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:01:55

Don’t really care one way or the other about Rooney except when he is doing something for ME...such as when he is playing for England! Or against the redshite. Best news of the day is George’s! 3-1 down! whheeey ya go. What a good day!
Jimmy Jones
24   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:01:17

Whatever the moans & reasons for leaving dont matter andwe will never know the truth. But we do know the comments he spoke & wrote along with his his actions at games against us since. He cant blame them on anyone but Wayne Rooney. He is one nasty twisted "man" ,not lad or boy a bad man. We should just totally ignore him as he has already had far to much publicity off our backs. I just hope it rebounds on him big time...
Dave Roberts
25   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:13:46

George,

I’d jack it in now and go to bed if I were you while you still have a modicum of credibility left! You’re beginning to sound like a bit of a tit!
Mick Simo
26   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:12:42

Rooney is a manc now he even dresses like one, looks like one and is starting to talk like one Mr Ugly, fits in nicely fucking mong faced scruff. him and hatton comming down the chimney would terify the fucking live out of me never mind the kids ugggggggggggggly
David Barks
27   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:13:20

Rooney kissed the fucking United badge after scoring against us and you still support him???!!!! Rooney can fucking do one and so can United. His comments about Moyes and Everton after he left has landed him in a court battle against Moyes, but you still support him???!!! Do West Ham supporters cheer for Lampard? Do Spurs supporters cheer for Campbell? Of course they don’t. I don’t give a damn that he plays for England, especially since he has done nothing for the England shirt since he left us. He’s a spoiled little shit. But not even this stupid post can bring me down today. Everton 3-0 winners, Liverpool 3-1 losers, what a day. And just imagine if they lose to Marseille on Tuesday!!! It’s mighty good to be a Blue!!!
Karl Masters
28   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:10:42

Either a Red Wind up Merchant or you’re on something.

Rooney: I think we all finally lost any hope that he would do well after that badge kissing crap at Goodison last season.

Personally, I have a quiet laugh when I see that he has not improved at all as a player since leaving us. His international record since August 04 is far worse than Peter Crouch’s - more on a par with Emile Heskey. So much for ’having to leave’ Everton as all those so called experts said at the time. He’s won trophies, but that’s down to Man Utd having had a good team in that time and not him in particular.

I ’m very comfortable with the £25m fee and no more lurid tabloid stories. He was trouble with a capital ’T’ and we’re doing fine without him. Give me one Tim Cahill over 2 Wayne Rooneys any day.
Michael Kenrick
29   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:21:07

Okay, if this Rooney shite the only thing you guys can talk about, I’m closing this utterly stupid thread NOW!!! My mistake for allowing it in the first place.

Now please go elsewhere to talk about our great win today!
David Barks
30   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:21:52

Well said Karl, well said.
george brooks
31   Posted 08/12/2007 at 19:13:54

Sorry micheal,it was just a quiery,now i know that not everyone thinks the same as me,i’m glad you allowed it to post though,cos it has seem’ed to have caused a bit of a reaction.As Andy King once said,"I just hit it and it just went in"(i’ll never forget that day) x
Tom Rowe
32   Posted 12/12/2007 at 09:30:44

Manchester United ace Wayne Rooney is launching his own brand of aftershave. Rooney will launch a toiletries range, also including shower gel and deodorant, next year, says The Sun.

He was approached with the plan after he backed fiance Coleen McLoughlin as she started her perfume range earlier this year.

A source close to Roo, 22, said yesterday: "He likes this idea. But it certainly won't be anything too poncy - he would never hear the end of it at United."

What's it going to be called? Eau de CNUT