Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

DVDs

I?m a Man Utd, however, I work with people all over the country who support lots of different teams. A good friend of mine (Ian McDowell) is a huge Everton fan who recently could not defend your club when the topic of conversation was about the release of DVDs when Everton convincingly win a football match or win a derby. He often states that Everton are a potential Champions League Team, and a big club. We then all agreed that Everton are the only team in the Premier League that release DVD?s on such occasions. I personally think its pathetic and not the actions of a big club.
John Newall, Plymouth     Posted 09/12/2007 at 06:12:30

Comments

Michael Kenrick
How does it go... Oh yea... "We don't care what the red shite say..." and that applies to you lot as well.

Everton Football Club does whatever it wants to do regarding merchandising, to presumably meet the wishes of Everton fans. If we didn't buy these DVDs I doubt they would be making them, would they? Something about supply and demand... There is really nothing wrong in capturing contemporary "Moments of Glory"... or is that only the domain of you twats? If Everton fans want to buy them, what's wrong with that?

And what's all this "Big Club" shite? If anything is pathetic, that is. Are we back in kindergarten or what?

Mark Quin
1   Posted 08/12/2007 at 02:14:32

Everton vs Sunderland DVD! Even I'm embarrased by that one. I suppose anything to rob us of a few more quid...
Richard Jones
2   Posted 09/12/2007 at 14:35:50

that’s a bit rich coming from the club who produced a theatrical release of ’Promised Land’...
Dave OBrien
3   Posted 09/12/2007 at 14:34:41

Fancy going on an Everton Site when you’re a Man Ure fan, their sites must be shite. In the words of Leonardo De Voirdo - Fuck off Newall you gayer.
M J Tyrrell
4   Posted 09/12/2007 at 14:53:20

From Plymouth, Man Utd Fan ....................Say No More!
Colin McPhail
5   Posted 09/12/2007 at 15:14:17

And this from a supporter who?s club released the epic "Scousebusters"... Right oh (bloody good footage of manu v shite semi at goodison though !!!)
Mark Pendleton
6   Posted 09/12/2007 at 15:23:15

Have to agree with the general response to this post. What’s a fairly common nickname for Manc of the crimson persuasion again - Merchandise Utd?
Simon Jones
7   Posted 09/12/2007 at 16:01:54

Get lost. Your opinion counts for nothing. I re-watched the r-s lose again today, just because I could. I’d watch seven against any team half a dozen times.
Tom Edwards
8   Posted 09/12/2007 at 16:19:31

Funnily enough, I think the Manc Twat’s posting is a sign that we are now becoming a force to be reckoned with. I remember it took us hammering them 5-0 and then beating them a couple of days later in their own back yard in the League Cup (Gidman own goal- I was at both games), before the media finally started touting us as potential champions material.

Fair enough, I don’t think we are champions in the making just yet, but have you noticed how many papers and TV pundits are talking about us and DM in the same breath as Wenger and the drunken senile gobshite from Mancsville?

It’s all good as far as I am concerned. Especially when the RS get a tubbing!
Tom Edwards
9   Posted 09/12/2007 at 16:28:31

I of course should have mentioned it was 1985 when we hammered them etc. I am sure most good Blues would know I meant that. Must be old age!!
Colin Hughes
10   Posted 09/12/2007 at 17:25:29

What a load of shite, you deluded Manc/Devonian. Go into any retailer of soccer DVDs and the shelves are full of Man U and Liverpool DVDs. so why shouldn't Everton have a slice of the action and give the fans who can't get to the game a chance to watch the full 90 mins of a great performance? You don't have to buy them. You have no argument really.
Arthur Jones
11   Posted 09/12/2007 at 17:25:48

I agree with a posting above that even the manure prawn sandwich eaters are starting to notice us climbing ever so close to their exclusive little club without the backing of some yank or russian billionaire propping us up ,
To all those nomarks glancing jealously over your collective shoulders , we are THE PEOPLES CLUB , the one and only , get over it ... we?re coming to get you !!!!
Karl Jones
12   Posted 09/12/2007 at 17:28:16

I think its a great idea to release this game on DVD just before christmas, and I’ll certainly be buying it. Brilliant football at times and at least three contenders for goal of the season means that this game is well worthy of remembering. Hopefully get some of the players to sign it. Incidentally John, I dont know whether you are originally from Manchester or the Northwest, but if not you should support Argyle. Jumping on a bandwagon, that is what is pathetic.
Colly Terrier
13   Posted 09/12/2007 at 18:59:39

I think this is a wind-up from one of our red chums from across the park. I think the only bit thats right is the Plymouth part.
Richard Ewart
14   Posted 09/12/2007 at 21:56:05

Couple of points - a few years back Liverpool beat Crystal Palace 9-0 and put out a DVD within days. I believe ManU did something similar after a big win over Palace or it may have been Ipswich. The original argument in this thread is somewhat flawed therefore. It wasn’t us that set the precedent!

I was slightly surprised myself that Everton had chosen to put out the Sunderland win on DVD, when all the goals will be in the end of season highlights disc anyway.

But having said that, I agree with Mike, why shouldn’t fans celebrate and enjoy our biggest win for years on DVD now, if that’s what they choose to do ? It’ll be better than most of what’s on TV over Xmas for sure!
Matt Geraghty
15   Posted 10/12/2007 at 10:14:46

A Man Utd fan from Plymouth? - Typical.
Seamus Murphy
16   Posted 10/12/2007 at 11:01:23

Man Utd fan my arse. RS
Garry Martin
17   Posted 10/12/2007 at 11:31:13

Sorry knobhead but aren?t you the same team that brought out five kits in the one year for merchandising purposers...Your prawn sandwich eating fans can?t get enough of any DVD you lot release showing the latest beating of a rubbish team! I also think the best selling merchandise at Old Trafford is Eric Cantona flags...!