Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Waxing Lyrical...

Some say the League Cup?s worthless,
Myself, I don?t agree ?
It books you a place in Europe,
And a trip to Wemberlee.

Sure, the FA?s lots more lustre,
The Champions? more class,
But it?s a damn sight better than a poke in the eye,
Or a big kick up the ass

Now, we?ll soon be off to Upton Park,
For a showdown with West Ham.
Let us hope we?re as mean as a half-starved shark,
Not as meek as a new-born lamb.

D?you think the Carling?s small beer?
You could not be more wrong.
So, Moyesy, field a full-strength side,
Go for it hammer and tongs!
Denys Jones, Poet's Corner     Posted 10/12/2007 at 07:26:13

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Er... Very nice, Denys. That just about scrapes under the bar for cringeworthiness. But we don't want to discourage a budding talent, do we?
David Cooper
1   Posted 09/12/2007 at 22:38:35

On the 1st day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me a big shiny trophy of some kind?.

On the 2nd day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me 2 big shiny trophies of some kind?.

On the 3rd day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me 3 points against the Manure

On the 4th day of Christmas David Moyes sent me a 4th place finish in the league

On the 5th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me 5 great players in the midfield

On the 6th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me the best number 6 in the league

On the 7th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me 7th place in the league today

On the 8th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me Andy Johnson fully fit

On the 9th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me the future number 9 ? Yakubu

On the 10th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me a run of 10 unbeaten games

On the 11th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me 11 men proud to represent the Blues

On the 12th day of Christmas David Moyes sent to me the best 12 months since 1985

Mery Christmas to one and all!!!!!!

Dave Cooper
Mississauga, Canada

Peter Pridgeon
2   Posted 10/12/2007 at 07:58:17

Can we go back to a Rooney or Kirby thread, this is just getting worse and its only two post in.
Chris Taggart
3   Posted 10/12/2007 at 08:55:20

Or can we have a Hibbert is crap thread as we?ve not had one of them for a while :)
Jimmy Hoffa
4   Posted 10/12/2007 at 09:07:59

Noticed that Hibbert is utmost important if we’re playing a highly defensive game i.e. Chelsea

Otherwise he’s not that useful after all cause he can’t pass
Jimmy Crack
5   Posted 10/12/2007 at 10:54:53

What are you smoking?

Hibbert’s England material if I’ve ever seen it!!

Gary Neville can’t pass either