Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Andy Holden

I have noticed in the past 3 home games, Andy Holden has been alongside Moyes on the bench and gets himself very much involved in the game, often coming to the touchline giving his instructions and seems a very passionate person.

He seems to show great affection with the players when they come off and is always very quick to praise someone who has done well. Alan Irvine seemed a quiet guy and though he was probably an astute coach he seemed to lack the passionate qualities of Holden. I am sure Holden?s passion is transferred to the players on the pitch as he seems a person who can get a little bit extra out of them also.

It is no coincidence that the three home games have resulted in 3 wins, 11 goals without reply. So I am ready to start my give Holden the Assistant Managers job petition, possibly move Stubbs into his job and promote from within.

What do others think of Holden and do you think he has played a role in our current run of form over the last 3 or 4 games.
James Elworthy, Liverpool     Posted 10/12/2007 at 11:36:06

Comments

Colm
Common consensus is that Andy Holden is highly thought of within the club. It wouldn't surprise me to see him promoted to the position of Asst. Manager. Time will tell. On the matter of 11 goals without reply. C'mon, the Mackems have had little to cheer this season and wiping out Dwight Yorke's effort against us seems a little harsh!
James Elworthy
1   Posted 10/12/2007 at 12:35:31

You are right Colm I forgot he scored I was convinced we won 7-0 for some reason.
Stig Meacham
2   Posted 10/12/2007 at 13:24:04

It’s my feeling that Andy H will see the year out as unofficial #2, and we"ll see Stubbsy blooded in next year.

Hate to use this as my reference, but I was sitting in a Borders killing time while the wife Xmas shopped, and paged thru a SHOOT. I know, I know. Few decent quotes from an article about Vaughany and young Vic and the EvertonWay where they said "Taff" was an excellent coach..

Apparently he’s way popular amongst the players, and we could certainly do a lot worse. I’m all for Holden as 2nd... at least for the time being if not longer(?)
Stig Meacham
3   Posted 10/12/2007 at 13:38:29

One more thing; Colm, excellent to ’see’ from you, man. You’re few and far between these days! Keep in touch, orright? The site’s the worse for missing you!
Robbie Kirkham
4   Posted 10/12/2007 at 14:20:36

I think Holden will get the job as number 2 I’ll be happy with that he’s been a good coach for the reserves and helped the young lads through did’nt the reserves win the title with him as coach 1 year?
Colm Kavanagh
5   Posted 10/12/2007 at 16:17:10

Thanks for the kind words Stig! The whole summer wore my battery down pretty low to be honest and with more than enough comment on here about the proposed Kirkby move I felt I hadn’t either the heart or the will to, in effect, say the same as many others. Maybe the battery’s slowly recharging!