Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Macca has the Blues

Has anyone else seen The Word magazine this month? Paul McCartney is asked 'You've got £500. What are you going to bet on for 2008?'

His answer: 'Everton for the Cup! Ah well, we'll see....'

Does this clear up the debate about whether he is a blue or not? Seems he is as bad as the rest of us, dreaming of glory under the Moyesiah!
Steve Brent, London     Posted 11/12/2007 at 23:07:40

Comments

Lyndon Lloyd
For as long as we've been running the Celebrity Blues page, we've been told that Macca was indifferent about the local clubs but, if pushed, was probably more Blue than red due to his family's allegiance to Everton. This is as close to confirmation that he cares one way or the other as we've had.

Now, on that basis, my question to him would be: "You've got £500m, which Liverpool club do you spend it on?"

Barry Scott
1   Posted 12/12/2007 at 00:42:10

Macca on his way to see Everton at Wembley. Does this count?
AlanWiliams
2   Posted 12/12/2007 at 08:17:57

Both Macca and the great John Lennon both followed EFC but from a distance. My Dad sat near them at the wembley final I think 68, but could be 66 cant remember which one he said. Reading an article a couple of months ago he mentioned EFC was his chosen team but never followed football much but would like to go back some time. No chance of him putting money in he is very carefull with his dosh.
Chris S
3   Posted 12/12/2007 at 08:38:38

I heard an interviewer on telly asked Macca if he would ever go down on one knee again...

He answered "i would prefer it if you called her Heather"

Ta dahh....
Patty Beesley
4   Posted 12/12/2007 at 09:06:26

His Dad was a big Evertonian but as far as knew, Paul has never supported any Merseyside Club. Pity he doesn?t put some of his dosh into our Club - and he?s got plenty - would hardly miss it - if he thinks we are the bees knees!!
John Lloyd
5   Posted 12/12/2007 at 11:03:01

"The best things in life are free
But you can keep them for the birds and bees
Now give me money
That’s what I want
That’s what I want, yeah
That’s what I want"

C’mon Bill, sing it......you never know!!
Allan Hobbs
6   Posted 12/12/2007 at 12:03:37

Macca gets on my wick and the Beatles too. A handful of good songs, the rest sinply overplayed and annoying; the Stones back-catalogue is 100 times better.

Why am I talking about music on here? I’ve no idea.
John Lloyd
7   Posted 12/12/2007 at 12:07:55

Allan with comments like that you shouldnt be talking music anywhere!! ha ha

Allan Hobbs
8   Posted 12/12/2007 at 12:23:33

John - music is subjective though mate; one mans Beatles is another mans Cliff Richard, know what I mean?!?
Andy Callan
9   Posted 12/12/2007 at 13:24:16

The best band int he world are Oasis; although the Artic Monkey and the Foo Fighters have impressed me recently.

Anyway, McCartney; if he was a blue and wasn’t a minge-bag he would buy in to the club.

It is shame that someone can’t tap-up Bill Gates as an Evertonian innit...?!?!?!?
Allan Hobbs
10   Posted 12/12/2007 at 13:58:03

See what I mean, each to his own - if Oasis are the best band in the world, then I’m a monkeys uncle!!

I’ll offer you one Andy - The Brian Jonestown Massacre. End of story. :))