Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

REMOVED: City of LiverpooI ? is this your culture?

I know it?s not strictly a football issue but the burglaries of Anfield players in Liverpool in recent months has gotten me thinking? Whatever about the ?fun? aspect of thinking its happening to that shower har har ? it?s not really funny. In fact I can see this issue and other violence (apart from the terrible grief which accompany such acts) as being very negative for the city in terms of attracting 1) Investment 2) Quality Footballers

We know that in the past that it?s not just factors directly linked to football which help make up a player?s mind which club to join, but also the surroundings in which he and his wife and children might be living. Fair enough maybe not too many players actually live in the city, but still I think this ?city of culture? seriously needs to tackle these issues along with the football clubs, and other sports clubs (eg. boxing).

These issues do affect our Everton and it?s players as well as the all important media presentation of a city. City of Liverpool ? please get your act together, offer kids a chance to play games and develop in a safe environment with a future.
Kevin O' Regan, Germany     Posted 12/12/2007 at 13:44:14

Comments

Too much hassle to deal with the Comments. Too little EFC content t start with -- LL
Allan Hobbs
1   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:10:02

Well its not a nice thing to be burgled, whoever you are, but lets look at it another way; these people who do the robbing are being extremely enterprising - they keep a keen eye on the fixture list, make sure certain players aren’t out injured, make sure they’re in form and therefore bound to be in the starting line-up, then go and rob their houses - smart guys!
James Elworthy
2   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:25:29

Didnt Duncan Ferguson’s burgulars make the mistake of trying to rob him at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.
Per Stumo
3   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:31:41

I guess they weren’t Everton fans then.. if they were they’d know he’d more than likely be home at that time :-)
Andy Ellams
4   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:56:28

Surely these burglaries stink of inside information. Somebody who has access to addresses etc.
steven saye
5   Posted 12/12/2007 at 15:43:08

to andy ellams you most not be a scouser it doesnt take indide information to find out where footballers live all the kids know theres gerrards house or theres cahills etc etc ans as allan hobbs said these burglers where smart guys i dont think you have to be smart to look on teletext and see peter crouch is starting away to chelsea are thse people blues or from the dark side?
Dean
6   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:18:04

I reckon they’ll be the same people who tried to rob big Dunc.

I think they were told in no uncertain terms that if any everton players were robbed, they would risk the wrath of the barlinnie firm!!

this of course excludes VDM who I wouldn’t really call an Everton player anyway :-)
Peter Pickles
7   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:15:19

This is not anybodys culture. This is an action carried out everyday in Liverpool, in Sefton and Knowsley. In London on the Fulham Palace Rd, White Hart Lane and Highbury Fields. In Madrid,Barcelona and Seville. Porto, Lisbon, Munich, Nuremburg. Everywhere. Lay off Liverpool ya knobhead.
Its not about football either, these are merely high profile rich people getting burgled.
My Gran got mugged, who gave a fuck?!
Alex May
8   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:34:33

Why blame the City of Liverpool? This isn’t the days of black and white TV and the maximum wage when the players caught the 68 bus to the match.

Footballers live nowhere near Liverpool these days.
Steve Hogan
9   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:33:06

Pay me £50k a week and I’ll go and live in the middle of Beirut and sing ’the star spangled banner’ every day for a week!

Don’t believe for one minute that footballers have the nouse or the intelligence to discriminate on the ’better’ areas in the UK to live.

Ravenelli to Smogland anybody (Middlesboro), nah he’ll never go there.
Gavin Ramejkis
10   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:53:28

It was probably one of Gerrard’s missus’ boyfriends that did it ha ha
Darrel Pugh
11   Posted 12/12/2007 at 17:01:25

Its got to be a cover up, everyone knows that bird is getting nailed by half of liverpool, she has to make an excuse as to why she was found blindfolded and tied up in her kitchen, maybe its not only england that steveie g la produces inpet lazy below par disgraceful performances for
John Lloyd
12   Posted 12/12/2007 at 17:10:09

Dont start this trying to label this shit as a scouse/Liverpool thing.

In the last 4 or so years, plenty of high profile footballers have been knocked off such as C. Ronaldo (05), Lampard (05) & Veron (04 whilst at Chelsea). There have been others and yes Liverpool players have been unlucky but this is problem nationwide not just in Liverpool. The title of the post should be fucking removed if not the whole thing. More sensationalism bollocks from someone who hasnt looked into this properly.

The post from darrel was fucking funny tho’
John Lloyd
13   Posted 12/12/2007 at 17:17:28

How can you comment on this from germany anyway?

I appreciate you can comment on football games & opinions from anywhere in world but this is a post aimed at the city & is unecessary, if youwere here you’d know that.
Mick Simo
14   Posted 12/12/2007 at 17:10:13

Fact most of the houses screwed where outside Liverpool, bar one in Woolton, so is there a chance the house robbers might come from the Greater Manchester area. Kevin if you log onto the home office crime statistics web site you will see that there are other cities in the UK with far worse crime statistics than Liverpool, you see people are always quick to knock Liverpool, regarding crime especially southerners and mancs but parts of London and Manchester have some of the worse crime in the country but do you ever here the press calling them robbing mancs or thieving Cockneys. So take you comments and ram them up your arse and then ram them up the southerm newspapers who have slaged this city off for 25 years. Why didnt Gerrard take his security a bit serious, fuck me if I had his money no one would get in my house.
Hary Everhard
15   Posted 12/12/2007 at 17:39:08

Blind folded bit kinky Mrs Curren, handcuufs I love it, Stevie G Lar I bet you dont get all that kinky stuff. While the cats away the mice will play and play your Mrs will do. Are you into rubber by any chance oooh I am excited now
Dave Wilson
16   Posted 12/12/2007 at 18:26:58

I dislike all things red, but whats got into some of you ? the man doesnt deserve this
Tom Macann I hope this was just a poor joke
Hary Everhard
I’m sure you’ll find a grubby little site that caters for your sort
I thought as I couldnt make it to WH tonight I might have the crack on here, but I’ll give it a miss tonight, a bit of common decency please lads
Dave Kelly
17   Posted 12/12/2007 at 18:42:30

Well said Dave W. This isnt anywhere near the usual standard of contributions that we get on what is the best Everton Web. Lets stick to football eh ?
Rob Hollis
18   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:53:23

Allan Hobbs.....words fail me.
Dave Roberts
19   Posted 12/12/2007 at 22:04:01

Rob Hollis,

Allan Hobbs is just stating a fact. A fact that occured to me too. One problem though! When VDM’s house got done whatever possessed the buggers to think he was playing?

Seriously though, getting burgled is horrendous. Touch wood it’s never happened to me but it happens to little old ladies and’ poor’ people every day.... who never get over it financially or emotionally. Stevie G La won’t feel this pinprick financially and he will have the support of his club (note the small ’c’) and the 20,000 or so kopite scousers (don’t know about the ones who fly in ) The little old ladies and the ’poor’ people get the bulk of my sympathy because they get no support from anyone and have to fucking deal with it themselves.
Brendan McLaughlin
20   Posted 12/12/2007 at 23:28:34

I have to admit you are right Kevin. I’ll leave the stuff back in Stevie G’s house tonight. Sincere apologies.

By the way how did you realise that all us thieving bastards regularly read Toffeeweb.