Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Sissoko?!?!

According to the BBC website, the football gossip section cites today's Daiy Mail with a story that Sissoko is seeking showdown talks with Beneathus which could alert Everton for the January transfer window. Given the comments I've heard from reds, he's now past his sell-by date and playing badly. Surely they must mean the other "Everton" in Chile because this would be stretching credibility to the limit -especially after he snubbed us two years ago. I'd rather have Kroldrup back than "momo".
Mike  Hughes, Wirral     Posted 12/12/2007 at 13:43:18

Comments

John Lloyd
1   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:13:40

Was a bit gutted when they snaffled him from under us & I then happened to see him play a couple of times & he looked ok.

Since his eye problem he has comeback & every game I have watched him playin in he has been the biggest pile of shite on the pitch.

We got lucky escaping him & I hope it remains that way.
Ian McDowell
2   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:15:56

He is the one of the dirtiest bastards I have ever seen, can you imagine his disciplinary record if he swapped a red shirt for a blue one. I would sooner see us sign Appiah from Fenerbache or even Fernandes back before sissoko.
Stefan Tosev,Vienna
3   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:21:37

Come on guys its just a paper talk, two sesons ago DM brought in Arteta,last season Fernandes,this season Pienaar, lets see who he brings in this season and tnan comment,now its pointless
James Elworthy
4   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:27:43

He has never been the same player since his eye injury.
El-ray Jackson
5   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:20:10

If hes not good enough for the shite, then hes definitely not good enough for us. We are a club which is moving up. We want to be competing with the so-called big four. And by buying the shit players from the big four will not helping our cause. This includes players like Wes Brown, Sissoko etc. We need to be aiming to get better players than them. Sissoko had his chance and he joined the dark side! Then again if forgives him and signs him, then he can certainly forgive Fernandes.
El-ray Jackson
6   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:29:44

If hes not good enough for the shite, then hes definitely not good enough for us. We are a club which is moving up. We want to be competing with the so-called big four. And by buying the shit players from the big four will not be helping our cause. This includes players like Wes Brown, Sissoko etc. We need to be aiming to get better players than them. Sissoko had his chance and he joined the dark side! Then again if Moyes forgives him and signs him, then he can certainly forgive Fernandes.
dave trudgeon
7   Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:42:53

liverpool fans that i know have said if he could pass then he’d be the best midfielder in the world

i wouldn’t mind him if he cost 6mil

he has a great engine and is strong as an ox
he might just not fit into the shitty red way of play
John Lloyd
8   Posted 12/12/2007 at 15:08:10

"if he could pass then he?d be the best midfielder in the world"?????

I dont know where to start with that comment, and then to say you’d be happy to see us pay £6mill??? Beggars belief my friend.
If my auntie had bollocks she’s be my uncle!!
ean palese
9   Posted 12/12/2007 at 15:11:47

John Lloyd - I haven’t stopped laughing from your comment for thirty minutes! Thanks for making my day. By the way, Sissucko is crap. Not good enough for us.
El-ray Jackson
10   Posted 12/12/2007 at 15:14:51

Lol. Nice one John Lloyd. love that line! You got me in stitches!!!
Brendan George
11   Posted 12/12/2007 at 15:31:18

No, no, no. Not Sissoko. Let’s look forward and not back!
Andy Ellams
12   Posted 12/12/2007 at 15:49:42

Different managers get more out of certain types of player. I wouldn’t object, but only if the money was right. Same goes for Wes Brown, who seems to do better at right back, a position we need to fill as well as providing cover for cetral defence during the African Champs. If we get these two players at reasonable prices plus Vogel on a free, then sell McFadden and there should be a few quid left in the kitty for the dynamic midfielder that could make all the difference to our squad. And remember, the key word these days is squad and not team.
dave trudgeon
13   Posted 12/12/2007 at 15:52:27

john we wouldn’t be using him as a piennar/arteta defence splitting midfielder
we’d use him as a spoiler, he’d only need to pass the ball 5 yards, ffs i could do that.
what the liverpool fans mean is that he’s never gonna do a great through ball.
and 6mil for a young battler is good business.
Mike Dayton
14   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:14:21

No no and a hundred time no. I agree he lopes around and is horrible. We got a big reprieve having Onion head come ahead of us last time. He will be off to Juventua.

Moyes says one more signing maybe some others on loan.

Vogel to sign then a question mark or two. I don’t see anybody earth shattering this time around. We have a good unit at the moment and most everyone seems happy.
Dean
15   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:21:37

i distinctly remember Arteta and Pienaar being earth-shattering before they came here don’t you?

Mike Hughes
16   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:27:06

As you can tell by my original post I don’t want Sissoko. Somehow I mistakenly got it into my head that he’d be on a free - and still I wouldn’t want him. I wouldn’t put 10p in the RS direction so the fact that somebody comes on here and proposes £6 million for him is ludicrous. Perhaps you’ve started your Christmas celebrations early and have been on Special Brew for the past few hours. If not - and there’s no offence intended - you need help. Badly.
Craig McManus
17   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:45:27

That’s all we need, another overpaid twat who can’t pass to a team-mate. We’ve already got one in Neville, we don’t need another ffs!
Niall Clinton
18   Posted 12/12/2007 at 16:56:54

Maybe we could take him on loan til the end of the season and let him rot in our reserves. He’s scum, didn’t want to come to us in the first place, hence all the time he fannied about allowing fat head to come in and sign him.
We do need a player of this type, strong, athletic, energetic but being blind in one eye and a walking red card isn’t on our list of requirements .
£6 mil would buy us a lot better than him. I trust Moyes knows this too.
El-ray Jackson
19   Posted 12/12/2007 at 19:12:37

Whats fucking wrong with you people. We do not want Shittoko for 6mil. he didn’t want to come to us for 2mil, when he was, i admit, a good player. Now he is pure fucking shit, so why should we pay 6mil now that he has become a shit player. When he joined the RS he should have known that games would be difficult to come by. But NO! the fat fucking waiter whistles and he goes running like a dog. Now he ain’t getting games, so why the fuck should we come and rescue him. When the fat waiter called him he blindly went in without thinking what will happen to his career in the long run. Far as i’m concerned he is shit, so he can bloody fuck off!
Peter Pridgeon
20   Posted 12/12/2007 at 19:39:28

I have watched Sissoko play and his strength is in two areas, he breaks up opposition play very well and he wins a lot of ball. His problems are; he just cannot pass to save his life and he is a dirty player. His is best in the sweeper position that Lee Carsley currently plays for Everton.
The Fat Waiters methods are similar to his predecessor; bully and shame your players into playing their best, if they don’t, drop them for five or six games.
Moyes has an ability to get the best out of some quite ordinary players, once the player is a lost cause he is quick to cut his losses (Beattie, Kroldrup, Davies.)
Sissoko under Moyes may be a different player, Carsley is now 33 and Sissoko is 22, Carsley has possibly one more season after this and then will either be on sold to Wigan et al or kept like Stubbs as a back up.
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but the last two players we got from the shite were considering not required by them and sold cheaply to Everton
Johnny Morrisey and Kevin Sheedy, coincidently both players went on to win the league with Everton.
Peter Pridgeon
21   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:48:11

SHADES OF 84
Roy Coyne
22   Posted 12/12/2007 at 22:07:15

The guy agreed to join us then snubs us for the r/s .How can any self respecting blue want him now.If he could not honour his word then he is not a player I want to see and since his eye injury according to gob shites I know hes been shite
Brendan McLaughlin
23   Posted 12/12/2007 at 22:23:46

I must admit I tend to agree with Peter Pridgeon on this one. If Sissoko is only 22 I think Moyes may feel that he can still develop the potential he saw in him when he tried to sign him originally. Let’s face it the fat Spanish Waiter hasn’t added anything to any players game. The only players who have done well for the shite are players who would have excelled in any team.
JimmyDigney
24   Posted 13/12/2007 at 09:51:52

some of you people must get real, Sissoko is a very good player, yeah we tryed to get him once, if he’s available lets have another try, were the shite concerned that we wanted him first time around, if we are intent on moving forward we must go for players like Sissoko, a strong box to box midfielder, did anyone see Portsmouth demolish Villa with a midfield full of strong tall athletic midfielders. On these heavy grounds in winter we need someone to protect our small guys. Go for him.