Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Extra Time

I will be the only one hoping for this but I want tonight's game to go to extra time. Before you slate me, let me explain. We are much much fitter than West Ham man for man. All of West Ham's best players are still injured or coming off the back of an injury.

If we can take them into extra time and win the game from there then we stand a great chance of doing the double over them this week because if Ashton and Parker have to play 120mins tonight they have no chance of being fully fit on Saturday, whereas we can change things up slightly. What does everybody think?
Dave Trudgeon, Runcorn     Posted 12/12/2007 at 14:09:19

Comments

Mark Pendleton
1   Posted 12/12/2007 at 20:42:48

My nerves struggle to last 90 mins so i don’t want extra time. Just hope we can come on strong in second half like we seem to be doing of late. Ashton still worries me, he’s deffo got a goal against us in his locker. But i had a strong feeling before today that Cahill would score against the Hammers so here’s hoping it’s 2-1 to the Blues!
Brett Bradshaw
2   Posted 12/12/2007 at 20:42:54

Maybe we should sacrifice a couple of yellow cards to injure some key players instead? Actually none of them are worth it, lets just hammer them twice in a few days haha
Anthony Fitzpatrick
3   Posted 12/12/2007 at 20:45:41

Can we do it? Is this gonna be the same as 84?
Peter Pridgeon
4   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:01:11

Shades of 84 Anthony, lets hope we win this
Ian McDowell
5   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:07:02

Looking at the bench, we have the stronger, just hope we can get through tonight would love a trip to wembley
James Elworthy
6   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:21:16

Do we not have anyone to take a corner other than Arteta lost count of how many bad ones
Jimmy Hoffa
7   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:34:00

2-1, we have one foot into the semi finals

Yes Yes COYB
Seamus Murphy
8   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:42:12

Brilliant brilliant!! What a run!
Anthony Newell
9   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:42:29

Fucking magic!!!!

Another well taken goal, the fruit of being in the right place at the right time, gambling, putting pressure on the keeper and hoping for a mistake. Quality with a capital Q

For someone who was at the the FA cup game when West Ham put us out and Stuart Slater ran us ragged this is particularly sweet

More of the same on Saturday please!!!!
Øystein Lemvik
10   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:45:39

Couldn’t get a stream tonight, had to settle for ’live commentary’ a la the BBC, but still we won! Woke up the missus (and probably my neighbors as well), but hey - WE WON!! 11 unbeaten!

COYB!!
Mark Pendleton
11   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:46:35

To be fair, TC is a lifelong Hammers Fan and explained before the game that he’s back to being a fan again but if West Ham went out at least he’d have a team to support in the competition.
seamus murphy
12   Posted 12/12/2007 at 21:51:48

Does anyone know if there are highlights on TV tonight?
Lyndon Lloyd
Editorial Team
13   Posted 12/12/2007 at 22:01:34

Highlights should be on evertonTV after midnight. Not the same as real TV, I know, but...
James Newcombe
14   Posted 12/12/2007 at 22:03:29

Yakubu again! I always knew he’d come good (cough, cough!)
Jimmy Fearns
15   Posted 12/12/2007 at 22:04:35

The yak has been fed.
Sean Lloyd
16   Posted 12/12/2007 at 22:44:58

Feed the Yak and it will score!
COYB!
Mark Pendleton
17   Posted 12/12/2007 at 23:03:15

Just checking out the match report on the official site. Anyone else see the first picture of the celebrations after the first EFC goal and see Jagz hand on Mikel’s bum. Now we all love him to bits, but you have to draw the line somewhere ;-)
David Barks
18   Posted 12/12/2007 at 23:03:17

This is so much fun. We are into the Semi’s, now give us City at home in the Final. Actually, I don’t care who we get, but can we please get a home game. We have made it to the Semi’s with all away games. Not a bad job at all.
Mark Pendleton
19   Posted 12/12/2007 at 23:11:03

Aren’t the semi’s two legged affairs David? Just checked out the match stats on Sky website. Shows we definitely had the better of the match.
David Barks
20   Posted 12/12/2007 at 23:13:51

Yes Mark they are, I forgot about that one. That works even better. We were far better in the first half, with both teams playing very tense and not pretty in the second half. But job done, two more games to look forward to this season.
Allan Hobbs
21   Posted 13/12/2007 at 00:41:44

Just got back from a very cold Upton Park - what a great night; apart from the horrible West Ham fans I had to endure sitting with, unable to celebrate either goal or the victory. Saw one Everton fan get a good smack in the mouth from a bloody nasty looking Hammers fan - knocked the guy out, one punch, not good at all.

I have to say first of all that the fans I was sat with were not a nice bunch of people - not exactly a family friendly atmosphere so all my celebrations were silent but with clenched fists.....I hope we stuff em at the weekend.

I go to alot of away games, especially in the south and I have to say that West Ham was the most unpleasant I’ve been to for many years. Abusive, abrasive, and bloody menacing group to say the least - good on our travelling fans for the celebrations at the end too, stuck it right to em, they were well pissed amongst the home fans!

The Yak ran his socks off tonight, Pienaar was everywhere (on the floor too much though) and we played really well, especially as they had so much of the ball second half. We had alot more possesion first half and dominated after they scored - it was pretty until then.

Great perseverance from the Yak for the winner and nice to see our 11 who started, finish the game too.

I’d suggest some rotation for the PL game on Saturday, AJ will probably start I reckon.

Great win, and our march to the final goes on......up the blues!!

Oh, and I hope the bloke who got a hiding is ok, he looked pretty groggy.
Dan Parker
22   Posted 13/12/2007 at 00:24:31

Great time to be an Evertonian at the moment, keep the good times rolling!

One thing I'm particularly pleased with is I feel Yak restores the great Everton tradition of big number 9's (he's number 22 but you know what I mean).

Andy Callan
23   Posted 13/12/2007 at 11:35:28

Personally I would take a draw on Saturday and then the same against the Mancs. Lets not get greedy boys.

Keep the unbeaten run goin’ would be marvellous over the Chrimbo period.

Get those mince pies out for DM...

Up the Toffee’s