Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

5½ years...

... and we have finally found what we were looking for!!!

• A team that can play together
  • A team that does not give up
  • A team thats not going to get thrashed
  • A team that can beat anyone on their game.
Thank you David Moyes, its been a while coming and I think I owe you a personal apology. It will be e.mailed tomorrow.
Steve  Lyth, Heaven     Posted 13/12/2007 at 00:23:46

Comments

Chris Jones (Wakefield)
1   Posted 13/12/2007 at 00:51:11

Reading a report of our match against the Hammers tonight, David Hytner in the Grauniad coined a phrase that could just about expresses all our hope and and dreams, he said "Everton had rhythm and possibilities".

Are we going places, or are we going places? COYBB!

Kevin C
2   Posted 13/12/2007 at 07:07:16

By the way.... Everton has the BEST UNIT in the premiership.... The "family" like atmosphere.... it’s amazing....

When Yak scored last night... did you guys see Ani and AJ jumping out of their seats and celebrated?? I mean... if that was another team... you probably wont see another high profile striker like AJ jumping out from the dugout because his rival has scored...

But with Everton... it’s a family!!... When the final whistle was blown... AJ ran into the pitch and jumped on Yak for a big hug!...

Now that’s what I call a TEAM!
ray
3   Posted 13/12/2007 at 07:14:52

Steve Lyth
Do you still want Mark Hughes as manager?
nick flack
4   Posted 13/12/2007 at 08:15:33

yeah, i doubted whether dm could take us to the next level, i think he’s still learning, but has thankfully lost the knack of making piss poor subs at the wrong time. sorry for lack of caps but hit my finger with a hammer and it’s strapped up, cant touch shift key with it. ha,
did you see arteta and cahill on telly last week, brilliant, takin the piss out of each other....
Mark Pendleton
5   Posted 13/12/2007 at 08:39:34

I think it’s great to see interviews alone or with some of the players together. Moyes always said he had a 5 year plan to get us challenging the top 6 and it’s happening. Like has been said before i think the 4th placed finish raised expectations early but i know one thing - i’d rather do things the BK and DM way.
Toffee
6   Posted 13/12/2007 at 08:58:48

ARTETA AND CAHILL TAKIN THE PISS OUT OF EACHOTHER!!!

CLASS!! TEAM SPIRIT!!!

patty
7   Posted 13/12/2007 at 09:15:35

Fantastic lads - you are doing us proud. What a time to be an Evertonian - I hope the bubble doesn’t burst, but if it does, at least we have had some joy this season. Well done all the boys and DM too for proving the anti-Moyes Brigade wrong. NOW, HOW ABOUT A WORD OR TWO FROM TONY MARSH, OR IS HE STILL SULKING OR, PERHAPS, GONE BACK TO CYPRUS!!
Anthony Newell
8   Posted 13/12/2007 at 09:25:58

It seems like the tide is definitely turning

How many times before have we seen Everton go one goal down in a cup tie never to recover?

We now have a tenacity to keep fighting to the end and possess a striker who will probably get 20+ goals this season (although his shirt swirling didn’t quite have the intensity of Big Dunc!) - when was the last time that happened?

The important test is to go to West Ham again on Saturday and get three points

The Times has it that McFadden is attracting interest from a few clubs. A direct link to the fact he never made the bench last night? Get shut and bring in someone in midfield who can really help us kick on - we must seize the opportunity to build on this upturn in fortunes. An even prouder Blue this morning!
Paul Ramsey
9   Posted 13/12/2007 at 09:32:21

Truely great.....if we really make something of december and january we could be onto a winner on more than one front this season, home and abroad! The team is certainly the best in two decades, and moyes has done a great job to achieve the improvements he has in 5.1/2 years. well done moyes.

Peanuts’ comments this week sum up why this revolution is taking place.
Allan Hobbs
10   Posted 13/12/2007 at 10:03:26

Anthony - I reckon we should keep him for the rest of the season, we might need him if we continue to do well in the cups. We’re getting Vogel as well remember and he’s a class act (if he can get fit)
Ed Casey
11   Posted 13/12/2007 at 10:25:11

Happy days!

Tie up the purchase of Pienaar asap, bring in Vogel and another midfielder (just not Momo) and flog Faddy.

Best team in 20 years - you said it!

Ed
Steve Lyth
12   Posted 13/12/2007 at 10:23:37

Ray, in answere to your question, No, if he can keep this team together and maintain the type of football we have witnessed over the last three months.
Just mailed him now, needless to say I did not ask for forgiveness.
Andy Callan
13   Posted 13/12/2007 at 11:21:28

Hooray.....!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets hope for a Wembley jaunt eh?

However, lets not get to ahead of ourselves here. Try not to get expect too much boys otherwise you might just get let down again.

Having-said-that, lets kick on and beat em again on Saturday, stuff the Mancs in their own back yard for the first time in Christ-knows-how-long, beat Bolt-on 8-0 and then turn Arse over as well (ahem)....!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha.

COYB
David London
14   Posted 13/12/2007 at 11:37:28

Could someone please contact Tony Marsh.I have’nt seen his name since? Oh yes when we last got beaten and i’m worried about him.COYB
Andy Ellams
15   Posted 13/12/2007 at 12:01:42

I pass Wembley Stadium every day on the train to work. I’m sure it had a strange blue haze surrounding it this morning.
Anthony Newell
16   Posted 13/12/2007 at 12:00:29

I can see where your coming from Allan in terms of keeping numbers up. However, the problem for me is that he is largely bloody useless and I’d have Vaughan or Anch before him any day of the week. It would appear that he has got fed up of warming the bench and performing a bit part role in any case. I found myself literally screaming at his ineptness during the Zenit game. Unless he was injured, I find his absence last night as very telling. It seems that Moyes has finally recognised another thing that most people saw earlier, ie McFadden is a player the side has to carry through most of a game. Sell him and subject to getting Vogel for the holding business spend the money on a really classy midfielder or wing wizard. I really do think it is imperative that Everton consolidate on this good progress come January
Mark Dodds
17   Posted 13/12/2007 at 12:19:47

Anthony Newell your opinions about anything to do with football have about as much credibility as I do in work since the Christmas party.

Is the PE teacher still out of his depth? Haha
Dave Wilson
18   Posted 13/12/2007 at 12:34:39

Anthony Newell

How much do you think we’d get for him ? enough to buy a class midfielder or a "wing wizard" ? He frustrates the fuck out of me too, but come the injuries and suspensions - and come they will come - he might just get us a golden goal in a crucial match somewhere down the line, he is capable, he earns buttons by todays standard, so if we dont get a substantial offer, not really any point in off loading him
Chris Perry
19   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:45:35

I'm still not convinced... I have to admit, I was one of Moyes's biggest critics and probably still am, when talking about some current squad players. I am not convinced about Jagielka, Valente, Neville, I simply do not think they can do it week-in, week-out.

Let's hope January sees the purchase of people to cover these positions plua an exciting attack-minded mifielder, a defensive midfielder and an out-and-out winger, not Downing!

Steve Lyth
20   Posted 13/12/2007 at 15:19:40

Chris, the players you mention are suspect but given that Moyes is only likely to have money for one class midfielder and a freebee Vogel we are going to have to make do.
I dont think anyoe can dispute that this is the finest squad assembled in the last twenty years, we just have to achieve something with them for Moyes to get Hero status.
Anthony Newell
21   Posted 13/12/2007 at 22:35:14

Dodds, the PE teacher appears to be finally waking up to the issues that have been self-evident for too long a bloody time. And yes I was 100% right when I said play the ball along the ground to get the most of out of Yak. Get a grip lad, I’m here applauding the recent upturn in fortunes not to curry favour with twats like you
Anthony Newell
22   Posted 13/12/2007 at 22:43:03

Dave W, I think £5 mill for McFadden would not be unreleastic given his Scotland exploits and as we didn’t spend the money on Fernandes there must be a few coins lying down the side of the couch to add to this surely?!