Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Wish you lot would get some attention!

I?m a die hard Man U fan and find it scandalous that the blue half of merseyside aren?t being recognised for your 11 game unbeaten run in all competitions. It?s simply disgusting.

I find it disgusting that all you hear about in the media are the red shite scum Benitez bust ups, Marseille etc and Gerrards fecking burgalry. Just think the media bias is terrible. What have you got to do to get some attention this year?

Even the blue half of manc got attention this year with Sven and the good start they got. But Everton just don?t seem to get anything in compariosn with the red scum. With your unbeaten run and a new stadium on the horizon you think you would be gettinga bit more buzz in the footbal media. Not to mention in europe you beat the newly crowned Russian champions and it didn?t even get a mention anywhere. I bet if we play them next year in the champions league it would get a lot more coverage.

All Man U fans hate the red shite with a passion but please believe when I say we are quite fond of the blue half over here. Us mancs would love it if you finished above the red shite this year oh how we would laugh if you made the top 4 and they didn?t.

Not looking forward to you guys arriving at old trafford, but it should be a good match. Will your african players miss the match due to the african nations cup?

Anyway good luck toffees.
Dan Johnson, Manchester     Posted 13/12/2007 at 11:40:31

Comments

Dan Mckie
1   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:32:18

We aint that arsed about the papers Dan, it keeps the pressure off our players if were never in them! We will have the African players for the game at Old Trafford, they dont go till January so hopefully we can take a full strength team and it should be a really good game!
Dean Johnson
2   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:30:58

Almost a great name there fella!

I do agree with your sentiments, but I couldn’t give a shit.
We as Evertonians are used to not being given the plaudits, just watch MOTD to work that one out, but I, as I’m sure many others would agree, prefer to quietly go about our business.

I’d rather not have the soap opera that is Liverpool, we don’t have the egos to boost. Just listen to every efc player/manager interview, then listen to "Stevie Me" go on about his personal form how he affects the team, blah blah.

You can keep it, we are blue, we are a team, we are united, leave the cock sucking to the pinkies
Peter Pickles
3   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:37:32

Stealth
Steve Lyth
4   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:44:05

We aint glamorous enough to be media darlings Dan but thanks for your comments.
You must have heard the shite sing " Your Blue and you love Man U " when they play us ?
Maybe we got a soft spot for you too bar the Uncle Tom that plays for ya..
Marcus Dawson
5   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:48:57

Dan, the media is totally biased towards the so called big 4, Sky are the worst but it extends across the entire spectrum. Most supporters outside the ?big 4? are used to it by now, the tragedy is that kids growing up are being force fed week in week out and it?s getting harder for them to follow any other team. I?ve lost count of the youngsters in my area (Midlands) who support either MUFC, the RS or Arsenal despite who their parents follow. Wouldn?t have happened in my day, the old man would?ve written me straight out of his will.
John Lloyd
6   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:55:53

Peter Pridgeon, fucking hilarious!! I laughed out loud when I come to your comment mate, quality!!
Ed Casey
7   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:54:29

Thanks Dan
I?ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on the weekend - i just hope you beat them and the waiter gets the boot! An early Chrimbo pressie!
Ed
Steven Moorcroft
8   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:24:05

Cannot believe how little coverage there was of last nights game on tv. Do you really believe if Man U or Liverpool would have been playing in the Carling Cup Quarter's that they would have been totally ignored like us?

Sky went with two "dead" Champions League matches on Sky One and Sky Sports whatever whilst putting the most most interesting game on Sky Sports Extra (Rangers). Do they really think that all the country are interested in are the so-called top four?

I stayed up until they eventually showed the goals (30 seconds) on Sky Sports news at 12:20 am.That was it coverage wise, no near-misses or other highlights, nothing. ITV usually show a highlights package but again nothing at all. Whilst acknowledging that the Champions League is a priority for both stations, totally ignoring the Quarters of a Cup competition because it didn't feature one of it's favourite four is scandalous.

Do you think they'll do the same next Wednesday?!!

ian bushell
9   Posted 13/12/2007 at 14:21:19

a case history of bias

RE: LUNCHTIME BBC NORTHWEST TODAY13.30 HOURS

uniteds meaningless group game against roma was covered........and as for evertons achievement of reaching the semis for the first time since 1988... deafining silence from the public service broadcaster.

no suprise though..the lunchtime bulletin didnt recognise our european advancement last week either

Dave Lynch
10   Posted 13/12/2007 at 14:20:45

Just make sure you turn those overated bastards over at the weekend.
Stuff em big time !
Double edged sword when Man Utd win things in my book.
The kopites hate you winning and we can shove it down their throats that you have won.
jk
11   Posted 13/12/2007 at 14:26:29

In my sons class of 23 11yr old theres two proud evertonions.Both go the game.the reds watch mostley on tv,biased you bet
Nothing gives me more pleasure in life than hearing my lad singing his heart out to ’’we dont care’’.clean version of course.’’One blue is worth 100 rs’’.
Paul Clays
12   Posted 13/12/2007 at 16:45:32

Sky are showing Blackburn v Arsenal on Tuesday and Chelsea v The Shite live next week for there Quarter Final games. Says it all really.
Steve Guy
13   Posted 13/12/2007 at 16:42:10

My 13 yearold lad is a season ticket holder and has been since he was 9. At his school in Harrogate he is one of 2 Evertonians in the whole school ! His mates support Big Four teams and continually tell him how crap Everton are. He got quite upset at this beciase (obviously) he knows this is not the case. So I gave him a few tips. Ask them if they actually go to watch their team? Ask them to name the first 11 ? He was delighted with the results, as it was "no" to the first and also typically to the second. He follows up with "talk to me when you know what you are talking about". He now has the upper hand in such debates and has realised the difference between a true supporter and a "follow me" couch fan just associating themselves with media darlings.

I was very frustrated at not getting to see the game last night and agree with the comments of others...just why place a premium on dead rubber games and miss out on what sounds like a cracker at Upton Park.

Same again Saturday please Boys !
Alan Clarke
14   Posted 13/12/2007 at 21:31:19

I’m not arsed about the media and I certainly am not arsed about Man U fans being so patronising. They didn’t have affection for us in the 80s when we were better than them - they hated us. They didn’t have any rivalry with Chelsea before Abramovich. Now they hate Chelsea. They’re fickle - my Man U supporting brother-in-law stated to me recently that he’d prefer Chelsea to lose than Liverpool. They come to Goodison singing their crap songs which they think are so witty. Their ground is like a bloody morgue full of tourists. I couldn’t give a toss what Dan Johnson thinks.

I can’t stand Man U and this ’there there little club, pat you on the head’ attitude. Just because they hate the RS doesn’t mean we should have some kind of love in with them.
Paul Coleman
15   Posted 13/12/2007 at 23:19:29

Well said alan, f**k the mancs and lets have three points.
Peter Pridgeon
16   Posted 14/12/2007 at 00:56:17

John Lloyd
Dont what your talking about John
Dan Johnson
17   Posted 14/12/2007 at 10:36:50

RE: Alan Clarke

Jesus mate hope I’m not sat next to you at Goodison with my little lad. You sound a right bitter vicious sod.
John Lloyd
18   Posted 14/12/2007 at 10:57:02

I meant Peter pickles.

Chris McGlynn
19   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:09:06

Dan - you should read his diaries, he can be a right vindictive nasty b*stard. His wife wouldn’t give him the time of day either. That said he’s been pretty quiet over the last few years...
Alan Clarke
20   Posted 14/12/2007 at 19:08:44

I hope I’m sat next to you Dan! Then I can tell you to shut the fuck up when you sing you’re shit bonfire song. Then there’s that one you sing about feed the scousers, oh and that other funny one about sign on sign on. My favourite is Once a blue, always a red. What do you expect Dan? I hate Man U and I hate the red shite and I hope we absolutely do you on 23rd
David Cornmell
21   Posted 14/12/2007 at 21:47:39

My enemies enemy is my friend. Usually, but not the case with ManUre, and its {ahem} supporters.
If I cared at all I’d be hoping for a draw between you two - preferably with about four serious injuries and six red cards, plus a pitch invasion.