Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Next Uefa Game

Does anyone else think that Moyes may play an experimental team in our next Uefa game? We have won the group after all. I?d like to see him playing a few of our less regular players, even a few of the reserves. Wessels, Gravesen and Vaughan could all do with a game. It might be interesting to see Vidarsson, Jutkiewicz, de Silva (if he is back from loan) and Boyle play as well. It just seems to me that, as nothing is riding on this game and we have a hectic fixtures list coming up, some of our regulars could have a rest whilst we see what these players can give us.
Pete Dancer, London     Posted 13/12/2007 at 12:29:47

Comments

Michael Kenrick
Hmmm... sounds familiar... didn't we discuss this already?
Matt Kassell
1   Posted 13/12/2007 at 13:55:37

The one thing I think is still important about this game, apart from the obvious professional desire to win every game whether competitive or not, is whether our UEFA co-efficient rating will be affected by the result. This season we were well down the list, and though the great results in the competition so far have probably improved our score for next season should we be looking to win this to aid our chances of a better draw next year? I’m looking ahead, but we are going to get into Europe again aren’t we? COYB!
Dutch Schaffaer
2   Posted 13/12/2007 at 15:17:53

I don’t think we should play the likes of Vidarsson, Jutkiewicz and Boyle we may not need anything from the game but I’d rather Everton avoid a loss and continue this magnificent undefeated run they are on.

Moyes could afford to give the likes of Graveson, Vaughan, Hibbert and Wessels a European start and still be confident of getting a good result and maintain the form and confidence of the team.
bb
3   Posted 13/12/2007 at 15:41:16

I think it will be Vauny and Aj up front. I think Grav will be in the middle and some of the other young guns will be on the bench. I think he will rest key players, but it will still be a strong side that comes out.
Nick Broadhurst
4   Posted 13/12/2007 at 15:46:57

Mikel should certainly get a rest, maybe Timmy Cahill too. Would like to see Big Vic and Vaughy play a part.
Gerard Fox
5   Posted 13/12/2007 at 16:11:42

We should be looking to put out a competitive team. I would go with:

Wessels

Hibbo
Yobo
Jags
Valente

Osman
Gravesen
Neville
McFadden

AJ
Vaughan or Vic

Well earned rest for our KEY players - Howard, Lescott, Carsely, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill and Yakubu ahead of the Xmas period, but still a team that should give Alkmaar a run for their money. If pushed, I could be tempted to play Pienaar (seeing as his f**king off to the ACN!!)
Stuart Duncan
6   Posted 13/12/2007 at 23:22:33

If we get a win or draw on Saturday, we'll be on a 12 game streak. So would you do the conventional and play mostly reserves, risking defeat, or play close to a full team to keep the run going? Any psychologists out there?