Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Carling Cup Draw

Of the 6 teams left who do you want in the semi's and why? I'd favour Arsenal just because they play kids.
Dave Trudgeon, runcorn     Posted 14/12/2007 at 09:52:28

Comments

Colm
Same collection of "kids" who got to the Final last season? Be careful what you wish for!
Albert Velthuijsen
1   Posted 14/12/2007 at 11:25:12

Revenge is sweet so i prefer the RS.
Philip McAvoy
2   Posted 14/12/2007 at 11:30:46

I think we?re tough enough now to see off a team of kids. I?d take Arsenal
Richard Jones
3   Posted 14/12/2007 at 11:34:39

So this’d be the same set of kids who knocked us out last season?????

Craig Taylor
4   Posted 14/12/2007 at 11:36:05

The way we are playing we can potentially beat anyone. They are all good teams left. I’d love to beat Liverpool but then Id also like to beat them in the Final.
Erik Dols
5   Posted 14/12/2007 at 11:32:27

Methinks Spurs are the worst team of the pack. If we want the easiest route to the final, give me Spurs in current form.

But beating the RS or any other ’top four team’ is more fun.

I don’t care too much who we play against TBH. Bring on the games! COYB!
Patty Beesley
6   Posted 14/12/2007 at 11:40:05

It?s not that I am a pessimist... far from it, but I would prefer not to get Liverpool in the Semi-Final just in case they beat us and robbed us of a Final place and, knowing their luck, they would be bound to get friend, Clottenberk, as referee. Don?t know who I would prefer really - maybe Man City if they get through.

An e-mail correspondent of mine sent me a message saying "Hope we get you in the Final" and I had great pleasure in e-mailing back and saying

"Hang on a minute, you?re not in the semi-final yet, matey"

Quite enjoyed being one up on them!!
Shaun Brennan
7   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:02:32

Not too fussed who we play.

That cups our.
Dawson Boyle
8   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:11:47

Blackburn.

Chris Keightley
9   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:17:15

Without doubt Tottenham. I recall the last semi we had with them in fact I'm getting a semi thinking about it !!!!!
Sean Nagle
10   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:17:49

I would not like to play Liverpool over 2 legs. I would prefer them in the final in a one off game.
However I think I might take Arsenal but I think Blackburn will beat them. For a semi-final match I would take Spurs, City or Rovers for certain.
Fosu Gharban
11   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:38:17

No brainer for me, home draw against Balckburn, Man C or Spurs. I’d rather avoid Arenal, Liverpool or Chelsea.
Chris Masey
12   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:48:30

Avoid the big four till the final, and then take our chances over one game!
Emil Mathias
13   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:51:11

Daft question - we want Liverpool in the final (but also be amusing if they don?t get that far). So lets get there first by getting Spurs or Man City, who we?ll should beat with ease, especially over 2 legs.
Oliver McAdam
14   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:51:49

Liverpool, definately. We would beat them because we have more desire for this competition than them, they only care about te CL.

Arsenals kids are good, and have beaten us 3-1 two times in this competition before. The ’kids’ really go for it as they dont get too many games, besides I want Arsenal for the final. Liverpool would provide a great final also, in terms of passion, however Arsenal play the kind of football that we should be aiming for, if we are still playing as we are now in march it would be a great spectacle.

However, I dont really care who we play in the semis, were gonna beat them no matter what!

Come on you Blues!
Lee Spargo
15   Posted 14/12/2007 at 12:57:34

Blackburn.

We’d beat them at Goodison and take absolutely thousands to Ewood.
Mike Kennedy
16   Posted 14/12/2007 at 13:26:15

Totally agree with you Lee. Blackburn for me.

Definately not Liverpool can?t trust the referees
Dave Wilson
17   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:07:45

whens the draw ?
Cain Dingle
18   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:12:25

The draw's on Wednesday...after the Liverpool Chelsea game.

Rather get Blackburn or City..."We?re goin to City...tw...thrice!!!"
Joe McParland
19   Posted 14/12/2007 at 18:31:48

I would personally like to be drawn against the RS.
So we could gub the fuckers twice.
COYB
Steve Sweeney
20   Posted 16/12/2007 at 01:53:54

I think Chelsea would not like to Play the Blues over 2 Legs, they would be my preference.