Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Mancs or kopites?

Chuffed to bits with the way we're playing, and the results we're getting... but I couldn't help notice the war of the baddies this weekend. Skeletor v's Voldemort... who do you want to win, or don't you care?

Other than the obvious bomb being dropped, I'd like to know what outcome is favoured by Evertonians. I also wonder if your opinion changes if you live in or away from Merseyside.

I've been travelling to home and away games regularly for about 15 years (since I could drive!) but wonder if there's more support for the RS from Evertonians living in Liverpool when they play the Mancs.

I personally always want ManUre to win.

Your thoughts please... and don't forget to say if you're from Merseyside or not. I'm not!
Duncan  McDine, Wiltshire     Posted 14/12/2007 at 15:36:18

Comments

Erik Dols
1   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:37:36

Manure. I’m not from merseyside.
Steven May
2   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:40:27

From a purely practical point of view, Man Utd. Liverpool are most likely to be challenging for fourth place and that is probably as high as we can aspire.

Non-scouser BTW.
Allan Hounsgaard
3   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:40:13

I can not think of any circumstance, where I wouldn’t wish for a defeat to gobshites, against any team at any time.
Herr Meroid
4   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:44:06

I always want the RS to lose. From Germany.
Gavin Ramejkis
5   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:46:39

Definitely anyone but the murderers, live in Lancashire from Scouse roots
Ade Senior
6   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:46:14

I would prefer Liverpool to win because I always prefer Liverpool to win when,,,,, uhm.

OK, Man Utd to win :)
John Lloyd
7   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:37:03

Hello sir, this is John Lloyd reporting from Liverpool (border of anfield & everton L5) to be exact & all I hope for when these two sides meet is a natural disaster of some sorts that wipes out the fucking lot of em’

Failing that I have to go for a Utd win cos I cannot bear the daft, dont go to the game, deluded kopite pricks telling me how fucking good they are after every game who congregate in pubs by ours and pretend they used to go but its too much now (there must of been 150,000 in the ground mate when the played st etienne....lying twats)
Mike Bennett
8   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:00:11

Hope Rooney scores the winner in the last minute with a scissor kick then breaks his neck when he lands.

My ideal result that.
John Lloyd
9   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:04:27

Brilliant Mike, pissed myself when I read that!!
Iain Atkinson
10   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:01:59

Man Utd to win with Gerrard getting sent off for an outrageous tackle on Rooney that puts him out of action for a few weeks!

I’m not from Merseyside.
Terence Leong
11   Posted 14/12/2007 at 16:57:10

Am I missing something here?
Are we "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" or are we just "as long as we beat Liverpool, everything is good enough?
Perhaps we didn?t notice that if both teams drew, and we won on Sat, we are only 1 point behind Liverpool, and 7 behind ManU?

Can you imagine what that does for morale (players and supporters) going into this season of games? C?mon, let?s not aim to just better the Reds and see them lose.

per chance given this season of tight title race, we can even best our previous best of top 4?
Andrew Oxton
12   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:04:30

Red scum over Red shite, but its a close one.

Live in Hampshire but from Merseyside.
Andy Ellams
13   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:15:25

Taking out all local rivalries out of the equation, then we need ManU to win because Liverpool have to be the team we aspire to catch up with first as they are the weak link in the ’Big 4’.

Although to brutally honest, I think we need to concentrate more on creating our own gap on teams below us like Blackburn, West Ham etc. I think we look as though we are going to be the only team that consistently challenges for top 6, the others are going to come and go year in and year out.

Originally from Merseyside, now in Bedfordshire, via several other parts of the country.
Chris Keightley
14   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:16:35

0-0 boring drab game abandoned after 80 min because the ref fell asleep in the centre circle with motd saying it was the best 80 mins they had ever seen ferguson moaning that there was at least 17 mins of injury time to play half time footage of rooney and ronaldo practising there diving techniques with gerard looking on for ideas
Ben Howard
15   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:22:25

Liverpool 2
(Rooney OG, 9, 16)
Sent off

Man Utd 3
(Gerard OG, 45, 73, 90)
Daniel Lim
16   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:29:04

I always support 2 teams on match day, Everton and the team that play the RS. OK, that means one team on a derby day.
I’m not even from UK.
EJ Smyth
17   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:26:56

I?m from Singapore, and I?ve been following Everton since the 80s. I will never forget the 86 FA cup pain, and neither will I ever forgive them (& Bobby Mimms :) ).

I hope Liverpool loses tomorrow and every other game they play and get relegated and go into administration and gets kick out of Liverpool so that there can only be one team in Liverpool. Period. (I also hope WR kisses that badge after he scores that goal and gets poisoned by some careless anti rat spray, that scum)
Peter Pridgeon
18   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:32:34

The game is fraught with controversy so the gobshites riot, they are banned from Europe and get 10 points deducted, this creates player problems and there is a player exodus in January, TFW gets the sack and they appoint Glen Roeder as manager .
He leads them to relegation by then end of the season. All Evertonians live happy ever after.

Sounds a bit harsh but I hate the gobshites and would like nothing better.

Originally from Liverpool but have been in New Zealand for many years
Eric Holland
19   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:47:52

I hope RS are winning 3-0 at half time
Then fat arse Rooney scores four in front of the Norwegian kopshites.
Happy Christmas to all you blues.
Jack Calvert
20   Posted 14/12/2007 at 17:57:01

Of course we all want em to lose!!!

Whoever said that a draw wud be gud as it leaves us 1 point behind em if we beat w ham? If utd stuff em n we beat w ham surely that means we go above them does it not? We have more to gain by a utd win at this stage.

however if at the end of the season if we needed a team immidiately above us to lose and they were playin lpool who were no where nr us in the league ie a win for them wouldnt affect us then that will be the only circumstance of wanting them to win.

And ive lived in both leeds n liverpool - and have a natural distaste for both sets of RS - oh and leeds as well
Joe McParland
21   Posted 14/12/2007 at 18:00:42

Don't really give two hoots, as long as they kick shit out of each other.
I'm from Scotland by the way.
Neil Crossman
22   Posted 14/12/2007 at 18:50:03

Really dont care - just hope and prey for lots of injuries.
Karl Jones
23   Posted 14/12/2007 at 18:50:29

Rooney hat trick would be nice (at their end). What a joy it would be to watch the arrogant moaning Spanish waiter squirming, then a post match meeting with Waldorf and Stadtler over coaching methods!
Brian Denton
24   Posted 14/12/2007 at 18:50:53

A trickier one faced me in the seventies (I won’t name the season or the team) when the team we were playing had a very good chance of beating the shite to the Championship.
As it turned out we lost that game AND the shite won the Championship.
Ian Newall
25   Posted 14/12/2007 at 19:01:00

Been Blue for over 50 years but in some ways I like the red bastards, I like to see them LOSE!!!
Why would anybody want the RS to win a game, especially after all the shite we have had to put up with, from them, over the years.
BTW not scouse and live in USA.

Blue for Ever(ton).

Lue Glover
26   Posted 14/12/2007 at 19:28:51

As it’s the season of goodwill I will refrain from saying ’I hate the effing bastards’ and just say that I would prefer Manure to win, of course rather than wishing broken legs on ’Gerrard the cheatin bastaard’, I just hope he gets a terrible case of runny bums and has to leave the field cos he’s pood his pants.
I really am a bitch sometimes.

Alex Baker
27   Posted 14/12/2007 at 19:47:34

There are probably more Kopites down here in Reading than on Merseyside, so come on Man Ure! This is the only game of the season that I would want Rooney and co to win anything!
Richard Murray
28   Posted 14/12/2007 at 20:12:52

Gee. I’m a massive Everton fan but I only hate Liverpool in jokingly way. I’d want them to win - I sort of do anyway - only for the fact we might catch them if they keep slipping up.

I’d always support Liverpool, ahead of United, otherwise. I’m from Liverpool, why would I support Manchester ahead of Liverpool team?

Just my take.
Keith Harrison
29   Posted 14/12/2007 at 19:26:36

Game poised delicately at 3-1 to Mancs after Rooneys hat trick marred by his sending off after being wrestled to the ground by Carragher, no pen, so he chins him.

10 mins to go when the Potato Farmers In Need plane destinied for Dublin from Leeds-Bradford with an urgent load of steaming bovine fertiliser accidentally jettisons all 50 tons of it over Analfield.
Only the patrons of the highest hospitality boxes survive, all Norwegian businessmen apparently - apart from The Spanish Waiter who was giving executive relief to Gillette and Hicks.

Everyone else in the ground drowns/suffocates, and Evertonian Ray Stubbs utters the immortal words on BBC " The game between the Red Shite and Manure has been abandoned because Anfield is full of shit"

Cumbrian Blue.
Micky Norman
30   Posted 14/12/2007 at 20:35:45

There?s only one result I care about this weekend. We are at West Erm. As for Sky TVs Glam Slam Sunday- being locked in at Carpetworld , James Blunt on the musak with toothache and a bowel problem would surely be more of interest. Sod it, I?m off fishing.
Tony Fryer
31   Posted 14/12/2007 at 21:34:42

Gavin Remejkis, shut up and stop calling Liverpool fans murderers. How many of your Liverpool supporting mates have ever murdered anyone? Grow up.

Man U all the way this weekend
Lee Rogers
32   Posted 14/12/2007 at 22:15:48

hope they both get cjd from the pies
Keith Harrison
33   Posted 14/12/2007 at 22:23:02

I’m with Micky Norman. It’s Pike bashing for me.
Tony Horne
34   Posted 14/12/2007 at 22:43:34

All I care about this weekend is West Ham losing......
Gavin Ramejkis
35   Posted 14/12/2007 at 23:09:24

Tony Fryer - NB I can spell your name properly for one point - for all three points I dont have red shite friends just acquaintances - fucking grow up yourself
Rob Hollis
36   Posted 15/12/2007 at 00:22:41

From Liverpool and live in Yorkshire. Man U to win. I have worked in Manc for years and am friendly with a lot of fans so only hate them in a pantomime sort of way. Liverpool FC though with Benitez! he insulted us last season and this year after the Derby. I hope they never win another game. if I was very rich I would buy the bastards and shut it down.
Roy Coyne
37   Posted 15/12/2007 at 00:20:19

Up to a couple of years ago,I preferred a draw failing that a redshite win because a lot of my mates are genuine kopites(thick ,stupid no nothing about the game but go every week)and I got hit with a bottle at Old trafford in the 60s .but things have changed as far as the r/s for the worse their manager is be-rift of any dignity the current fans are thugs and their hero Stevie G is the biggest diving cheating bastard in the game so come on united and I live in Liverpool.
Andrew Lenwey
38   Posted 15/12/2007 at 00:44:36

There are no circumstances under which an evertonian would want the vermin from across the park to win a game
Kevin Campbell
39   Posted 15/12/2007 at 00:40:11

From Malaysia.

Man Utd to win 3-0.

Gerrard to wrecklessly tackle Ronaldo. Ronaldo breaks his leg and gets carried off. Gerrard (refereed by Clattenburg) given yellow card. Gerrard then 2-footed challenge on Rooney. Rooney breaks his leg, Gerrard gets 2nd yellow and out of game. Then Rio Ferdinand comes running over and giving a nice knock out punch to Gerrards face as he is leaving the pitch. Referee pulls out a red for Rio. Then a cowboy style brawl happens in the whole pitch.

When the dust has settled. Only left with Reina and Van De Sar.
Connor Rohrer
40   Posted 15/12/2007 at 00:42:09

I dont like either to be honest. When it comes to there teams I hate Liverpool more but when it comes to fans then I have more hate for the Mancs.

I’m a scouser and my family is mixed. Half red half blue so really I can’t hate them except for Derby day. I have friends, cousins, aunties and uncles etc from the dark side so its not actually real hate as you can’t hate your family. Probably similar with alot of scouse Blues.

Who do I want to win tomorrow? Man utd without a doubt.
Santosh Benjamin
41   Posted 15/12/2007 at 00:47:59

Im really hoping that we beat the Hammers this weekend so that other things dont matter to me...but id also love to see the RS lose...here is a poem i made up abaout it...hope you all like it...

*Red Devils play the Red Shite- a blockbuster game?
*Personally i think that the match-up is lame
*Both teams are filled with many a cheat
*So ideally to both teams id wish defeat
*But since i can choose only one of the two
*I choose the team id love to flush down the loo
*Hope the RS lose with Gerrard seeing red
*And Carra scoring an own goal with his head
*Sir Alex will come on and gloat about the win later
*But the best will be excuses from the fat,moaning Spanish waiter!
Berry McWilliam
42   Posted 15/12/2007 at 02:17:48

Where i was once inclined to support another liverpool team over the other big three and couldnt understand why my friend who showed me the "golden path" could despise them so much, i now despise them more than any other. Im sick of all these wanker big four supporters in Australia who only say they support a team that is winning trophies. I sick of living in Liverpools fcs’ wake, im sick of the fat waiter disrespecting our club and and i hate that dirty cheating bastard gerard. That derby day throw of the leg across Hibbert was disgusting especially from their leader. Ruin to Liverpool, glory to Everton!

Man Utd. Brisbane Australia
Ron Wilmington
43   Posted 15/12/2007 at 04:12:36

Man United will win because they’re the better team. Reds fans complain to me that Liverpool never get the same accolades as Man United. I tell them that the reason is because for fifty years Man United have played with flair whereas Liverpool may have won more trophies but they always win ugly.

Liverpool born. Lived in the US since the 1970s. San Francisco since 1982.

Bit of trivia ... Everton were the reigning champions when the league was suspended for WW1 and WW2. So Everton have been the reigning champions for 20 years compared to 18 for Liverpool and 16 for United :-)

Ray Roche
44   Posted 15/12/2007 at 07:51:43

Originally from Merseyside (Roby) I?ve been going to Goodison since 1959-1960. Although I?ve lived in North Wales for 36years, I?ve kept my season ticket. I,like a lot of olde fanse I suspect, was brought up with the parochial attitude of, EFC 1st, Liverpool (city) 2nd, North West 3rd, and any Northern team over any Southern team in any sport. I remember (with some shame) cheering when the RS beat Leeds at Wembley in ?65. However attitudes change, and as the RS have brought more pain through results on the field, more pain in the aftermath of Hysel and the resulting ban, and ever more plastic scousers from Oslo banging on about how great they are, I love it,I just love it, when they lose. I squandered several minutes of my rapidly diminishing time on this planet watching a bit of the "Variety Performance" on tv. The only bit I saw was the original plastic scouser,cheeky chappie "Tarby" banging on about the "worlds greatest team" before I hit the off button. That encapsulates all that I hate about them. Shouting their mouths off, but never going to the game.
John Lloyd
After the Rs won the Champions League they all tried to say that there were 1.5million people lining the streets to watch their parade.Think about it. Every single person in Liverpool, red or blue, along with their dogs,cats etc, plus most of the population of Merseyside,the Wirral, and some from Greater Manchester, would have to have turned out to reach that figure.....doesn?t sound feasible to me. I mean, I didn?t go to watch,did you?
Mick Simo
45   Posted 15/12/2007 at 09:49:55

Its not the the RS team I hate more it is their fucking knob head fans and that includes the pricks who live in the city, I am from Liverpool but live in Jersey and fuck me I have never seen so many fucking idiots who jumped on the band waggon when they won the CL you would have to see it to believe it. This is a fact RS supporters club in Jersey 45 members 15 from Liverpool. Everton FC 42 members 40 from Liverpool. Last season we went on 4 organised trips and every week at least 6 people go home and away. RS in the last 10 years no organised trips and no one goes the game because they cant get tickets why? because their club have ben hijacked by rich norwegians and wealthy southerners thats a fact. WE ARE THE PEOPLES CLUB THEY ARE THE GAY CLUB THATS A FACT THEIR CHRITMAS DO WAS AT GARLANDS SAY NO MORE
Kevin Molloy
46   Posted 15/12/2007 at 10:08:36

Liverpool irritate me, nothing more. But even if England are in the World Cup Final, I?ll still want Fuckhead to settle the game with a disastrous own goal
ste kenny
47   Posted 15/12/2007 at 10:13:37

theyr’ll be trouble on the streets of oslo whatever the result,anyone but the murderers will do for me from everton.
Ed Fitzgerald
48   Posted 15/12/2007 at 10:43:08

This is a very sad debate, in particular those comments that call Liverpool Supporters murderers which is distasteful at best and vile abuse at worst. Fact, most Liverpool fans are from the City and are no better or worse than our fans are. I love Everton, I hate Liverpool FC but not their fans as many of them are colleagues, friends and family. I hate Man U but not their fans most of their fans are from Salford and NW Manchester. Concentrate on how EFC do, I am afraid most of the comments posted here makes us look bitter, resentful and envious. My principle emotion in relation to tomorrows match is disdain, the same attitude I adopt when Reds of both types have tried to rile me for my support of EFC over the years.
Get a bit of perspective here events such as Heysel, Hillsborough and Rhys Jones should really have made us recognise that when events affect the City of Liverpool we all suffer regardless of our team.
We are playing some great stuff at the moment get behind our team and forget about them.
Patty Beesley
49   Posted 15/12/2007 at 11:22:01

I want Man U to win as if we beat West Ham we would then have the same points as Liverpool albeit they have a game in hand,, but of course if it had not have been for Clottenberk we might have gone in front of them if the above comes true. Sorry! but the derby ref still riles me up.
I am a very proud blue Scouser but now live in Carmarthen.

Happy Christmas to all Evertonians and hopefully, a fantastic 2008 for the Blues.
Alan Clarke
50   Posted 15/12/2007 at 11:59:35

I would like Man U to win cos they’re the lesser of two evils but also so they get cocky and we knock the shite out of them next week.

Man U 0 EFC 5

I have to spend xmas dinner with my in-laws who are Man U fans.
Tony Hall
51   Posted 15/12/2007 at 12:12:38

Ed they done the crime and we done the time yeah I am bitter about missing out on Europe, but could you imagine if that was Everton fans who caused the deaths of all them Italians could you imagine them gobshites on the kop and the songs they would sing against us so get fucking real Ed you are bowing down to them, what was the song they sung at the end of derby 2-1 to the murderers I hope the mancs fucking hammer them
Phil Bellis
52   Posted 15/12/2007 at 13:03:51

I hope they both lose.
Ed Fitzgerald: would you prefer ’apparent Liverpool supporters, some of whom allegedly may have been involved in possibly causing the deaths of peope at a football match’? And, no, we’re not as bad as each other.
As for LFC in-city support; ’74.35% of LFC season ticket holders hold addresses ouwith the L and WA postcodes’ Leicester University Abram College Football Study Group 2005
Johnny Bell
53   Posted 15/12/2007 at 14:23:22

Got to agree really hope that the mancs destroy the shite!! a 3 nil Utd win coupled with a 2 nil win for us against west ham takes us above the shite!! and considering this is their GREATEST ever start to a Premier League season what joy that would bring and what a way to start 2008 ? the year of The mighty Blues!!
Michael Kenrick
54   Posted 15/12/2007 at 17:41:19

I think I?m with Ed Fitzgerald on this one. Normally, I would not have let this topic see the light of day, and it?s interesting just how many of our wonderful Evertonians come forward with their infantile responses.

For me, it just reinforces my personal position regarding the standards we want to uphold on the website, and this thread falls well below that bar.

From now on, one rule we will strictly enforce is Everton Only!
Phil Roberts
55   Posted 15/12/2007 at 17:50:43

If Utd win by 3 goals tomorrow - then we go above Liverpool and we can start back to the Rafa Beneathus chants!

But if United only score 1 goal, then after 17 games of the season, we are the 2nd highest scorers in the league ? so much for boring Everton!

Now which one would you prefer? (Except you know it is going to be 2-0 for United so we get neither! :-) )

Alan Ryder
56   Posted 15/12/2007 at 21:06:34

I took my little lad to the derby this year and I had the misfortune to sit in front of a complete twat who insisted on singing ’murderers’ all through the game...he wasn’t following the match, just moronic chanting. The level of hatred was unbelievable. Actually it was a cracking opportunity for me to explain to my son that we as Evertonians are a broad church and there are many strands of Evertonian. There are some who will follow the team through thick and thin and influence by their support. Others will also do this but also attempt to show there Evertonianness by how much they hate the other side - embarrasing. Make no mistake I want Liverpool to lose. There are times when I think that a win for them will help us but I have a natural reflex to cheer any Liverpool footballing misfortune - I’can’t help it, it makes me smile and I don’t wish to fight it. I’ve also got family & friends who are reds who I would hate to hurt..........but I still want Liverpool to lose.........I can’t help it, it’s my nature.it’s in my blood! Tolerate them, prove we are better than them by beating them....then we can call ourselves a big club.
Mike Homfray
57   Posted 16/12/2007 at 00:43:11

I want Man U to win, because I just hate Liverpool.

Yes, I live on Merseyside.
Ed Fitzgerald
58   Posted 16/12/2007 at 10:18:15

Phil

Are you saying that there are more Evertonians in the City of Liverpool than Liverpool fans (do you have the evidence for that statement) I hope you are right. Like you I have quoted that data but what does it prove, it proves more LFC season tickets holders live outside the city, eh thats it!

As for who I prefer I follow Everton but there are Evertonians who indulge in racist abuse and bigotry do I prefer them to a passionate but reasoned fan of another club, no of course I dont! , do you simply because they follow Everton?

I take it you were both at the semi final at Villa when we found out what had happened at Hillsborough did it occur to you that as much as we love everton and hate LFC there are more important things in life. As for the song at the end of the Derby, as I said there are dickheads on both sides, I am just not keen to join their ranks.
Joe McParland
59   Posted 16/12/2007 at 14:14:49

1-0 manure at half-time weyhey!!!!
Mike Hughes
60   Posted 16/12/2007 at 16:35:34

Some people are very sporting and mature in their outlook to our red neighbours. They are generous and demonstrate very noble qualities towards them. Sadly, I'm not one of those people. I'm not bitter, I'm very bitter.

After two great weekends when we've been Singing The Blues (Everton win, LFC lose) I keep thinking we've just hit the heights when another one comes along. Last week it was the second half against Fulham then the Reading result. Then the Carling Cup match then 2-0 away to West Ham.

While decorating the house this afternoon I enjoyed listening to Man U's victory (and those wonderful kopites showing themselves up again by throwing a golf ball at Rooney) but surely that's it - the weekend can't get any better can it? Well, I'm now sitting here listening to the post match phone-in on Radio Merseyside and all those poor reds crying into their arsenic. It's wrong to snigger like this but I just can't help it.

There are some rumours about their ground funding being in doubt which could be quite funny. There are no calls for the head of Beneathus on today's phone-in so maybe another high will be him signing a new 5-year deal? Hopefully, Chelsea can do them in to Carling Cup this week.

Christmas is a time for giving so I'm going to give lots of stick to reds this week. Apparently, the reds have no money to secure the services of Mascherano so I also think Moyesey should get some revenge in the transfer window by offering £15 million for him, (he wouldn't come to a "smaller club" would he?) upping his price and starting a transfer war for his services. That would be another high in my bitter little world.

There are some tough games over Christmas for us but I'm enjoying this while I can. The work-rate and attitude is first class from the Blue Boys and long may it continue. Well done, D.M. Merry Christmas to all BLUES. COYB.