Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

An apology to Moyes and Clattenburg!

I feel I need to make an apology or two! For the past 5 years I have been firmly in the Moyes is God camp. Even after the Tottenham game last year. However I must admit that before the game against Liverpool this year I had started calling for his head. The reason was that I was sick of seeing long ball football. FFS I thought. I'd rather get beat and see us start to keep the ball. Moyes has to go!

Then something happened! Mark Clattenburg came along and seemingly made everything worse. Yet here we are 12 games later, unbeaten and playing some of the best football I have seen in the Premier League at times. (I must admit i thought West Ham tried it too yesterday.) Therefore, I apologise to David Moyes for not trusting him. Its all finally clicking together!

As for Clattenburg, it's obvious now he had the bigger picture in mind and decided we just needed a little push! So Mr Moyes and Mr Clattenburg... I'm sorry for doubting you.

ps. can somebody now give Ozzie a bit of praise as he is playing as well as Peanuts and Mikky for me.

pps. read the SKySports website match report. You'd think they'd at least watch the game first!

As I write, Liverpool are gettin beat and me bird is doing a Christmas dinner! Happy Days!!!!!
Matty Dunn, Porto     Posted 16/12/2007 at 14:45:18

Comments

Dave Jeanrenaud
1   Posted 16/12/2007 at 15:15:01

On the subject of Clattenburg it was odd to see him giving Blackburn a penalty against Wigan yesterday for apparent holding on Samba by Heskey in the box. Strange that he saw that one and not the one on Lescott by Carragher which was at least ten times more blatant!!

matty dunn
2   Posted 16/12/2007 at 15:20:41

Think bigger picture Dave!!!!!

last seconds of shite game!
matty dunn
3   Posted 16/12/2007 at 15:21:58

gerrin der!!!!!!
Barry Lightfoot
4   Posted 16/12/2007 at 16:49:23

You know I don’t actually think that is David Moyes replying to the above he didn’t say "Hoots Mon" once and he seems to have developed a Scottish accent.
Barry Lightfoot
5   Posted 16/12/2007 at 16:51:50

Oops should have said "developed a scouse accent"
Nick Veitch
6   Posted 16/12/2007 at 23:58:02

What I love is that the red shite are being labelled a ’hoof-ball’ team, especially after their defeat to Manure yesterday.
An article written by Phil McNulty from BBC Sport reads:
"Benitez has been quick to point out when other teams play long balls, so what did he make of Liverpool constantly doing the same in the second half at Anfield?"
I was also calling for Moyes’ head earlier in the season when we were playing some dour football and not getting results. He has now found the perfect formation for the team and we seem to be able to carve out a goal or two everygame. I’m am ecstatic that he has proved me wrong.
Pablo Henshaw
7   Posted 17/12/2007 at 13:11:13

Yep,replying to the first reply really...how the fuck Crappenberg seen Samba?s foul and not Lescott?s? What a cunt!
Paul Bromley
8   Posted 19/12/2007 at 00:25:12

Just for information, Mark Clattenburg came out to Hong Kong as part of a pre-season Premiership tournament (in which Pompey beat the red scum in the final Hah, hah) and was seen out socialising with the Liverpool team at a reception in the Grand Hyatt hotel in August? Very neutral, huh!!