Whatever happened to the proposals of building a new stadium at the Central Docks? Developers were in talks with Michael Dunford shortly after the Kings Dock proposal collapsed but nothing ever seemed to come of it. This, in my opinion, would be the perfect site:?
- It is either within (or very very close to) Everton itself nevermind Liverpool.
- The site is big enough to house a 60-70-80,000 seater stadium plus the world's biggest Tesco store.
- Our "partners" Tesco would surely have a bigger captive market here than in Kirkby. Not sure, but I don't think there are any big stores nearby.
- Good access especially with nearby rail links already in place.
- I'm sure it was mentioned at the time that there would be financial help available in the way of grants due to urban redevelopement of the area. Also in order to pay for it could we not lease the ground with a "Right to Buy" at some time in the future.Kind of like the way we buy our players.
- The pubs along the Dock Road are generally dives which would make us feel right at home.
Jimmy L'Anson, Posted 18/12/2007 at 00:08:50
Note: the following content is not moderated or vetted by the site owners at the time of submission. Comments are the responsibility of the poster. Disclaimer
1 Posted 18/12/2007 at 05:38:14
2 Posted 18/12/2007 at 09:15:31
Nothing is going to change their mind now.
3 Posted 18/12/2007 at 09:32:52
They would have to build much larger flood defenses.
4 Posted 18/12/2007 at 10:01:07
5 Posted 18/12/2007 at 11:07:31
I know we can’t afford to re-build GP but I would rather stay and re-build slowly than move somewhere i cant get to on matchday.
6 Posted 18/12/2007 at 11:21:08
Granted, it’s not exactly next door to Central Docks but it’s hardly a million miles away. Tesco are sorted here there and everywhere (or soon will be) it seems.
7 Posted 18/12/2007 at 11:52:43
8 Posted 18/12/2007 at 12:08:08
9 Posted 18/12/2007 at 13:07:32
oh tommy tommy...............