Members:   Log In Sign Up
Text:  A  A  A

Dutch Police Strike

Just been talking to a mate in Netherlands and he tells me that this weekend was Super Weekend with PSV and Feyenoord and Ajax and AZ playing each other.

However there is a strike (probably work to rule/overtime ban) by Dutch police at the moment and therefore they could not provide the cover for such high profile matches. So AZ have not played since 9th December.

I pointed out that it is Everton fans coming to play AZ so they do not need that many police for us because we are just enjoying being on a European Tour. (Don't let us down lads!)

So we have our rezzies playing a fully rested team who need to win to stay in the competition. Well I would prefer the point from OT anyway
Phil Roberts, Kelsall     Posted 19/12/2007 at 09:35:34

Comments

Patty Beesley
1   Posted 19/12/2007 at 12:47:43

Fully rested they may be but you also find that when teams havent played for a couple of weeks they lose the rhythm they previousl were enjoying. Let?s hope this is the case with them. I know we don?t need to win to go through but it would be great to be unbeaten.
Rupert Coghlan
2   Posted 19/12/2007 at 12:58:02

Does anyone know which reserves / youngsters made the trip to Holland today?

ICLiverpool says that Howard, Yobo, Arteta, Cahill and the Yak have stayed on Merseyside, along with the Injured Stubbs, Baines, Osman, VdM.
Neil McKinney
3   Posted 19/12/2007 at 14:04:07

I can’t believe their police can strike! Ours can’t!
Vinod Kumar
4   Posted 19/12/2007 at 14:52:57

Just saw the team sheet that made the trip to Holland. The dying, fickle flame of believing that this could be the last ultimate chance for Avdm to return to first team action has been completely extinguished!

I’m not overly worried though, for our team has been excelling in all their past,grueling matches.But i still have this nagging feeling that I still haven’t seen the fiery form of Avdm when he played for Ajax. Trust me, I felt like being top of the world when news reached me that he was signing for my beloved blues..But guess that this was a clear case of empty promise. I for one feel that his career with Everton has come to an end....or do we still hear his famous "You shall see the real Avdm" line next season?
Ben Howard
5   Posted 19/12/2007 at 15:20:04

VDM wouldn’t have travelled with them anyway as he’s scared of flying. What is it with the Dutch?
Seamus Murphy
6   Posted 19/12/2007 at 15:42:45

Rupert - the squad travelling is:

Everton (from): Wessels, Hibbert, Jagielka, Lescott, Valente, Boyle, Pienaar, Carsley, Gravesen, McFadden, Johnson, Anichebe, Vaughan, Irvine, Kissock, Jutkiewicz, Ruddy, Rodwell, Vidarsson.
Baloo Johnson
7   Posted 19/12/2007 at 16:02:52

Can’t understand why the others haven’t travelled. Surely it would have been a great opportunity to do a bit of Christmas Shopping around Haarlem and Amsterdam for the likes of Cahill et al.
Andy Nicholls
8   Posted 19/12/2007 at 16:12:40

If the bizzy’s are on strike it’s going to go off big time la.